Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

slow morning so far from 6am london ..........nothing much really moving .....solid sell signals on yen and USD so im playing CABLE buys .....above 2870s......hardly a pip fest though so far to 2882

euro looking stronger now so on EU and EJ as well looking for opps

N

usd is my problem in coming back in hard on cable at 2884.....i need to see USd drop more

cable back to 2870s messy today

Good Moaning!

Purely as a matter of interest, I've been watching Cable on the correlator this morning and I was thinking that on the basis of the apparent continuing weakness after the 09h00 numbers and that the $ seems to be turning up (on the 5min) that it might be worth a sell. I've got no intention of doing anything myself as it's a non-trading day for me but I was just curious as to how you're approaching it today.

Good Moaning!

Purely as a matter of interest, I've been watching Cable on the correlator this morning and I was thinking that on the basis of the apparent continuing weakness after the 09h00 numbers and that the $ seems to be turning up (on the 5min) that it might be worth a sell. I've got no intention of doing anything myself as it's a non-trading day for me but I was just curious as to how you're approaching it today.

hey C

sure i see red GBP as still weakish on 5 mins ....but im also looking at my fixed chart from 6am opens (top chart on piccie) and im not convinced .....also with green usd also sitting in lower half of that 20ma 5min chart if i were going to trade GBP at all i would look for a currency in top half of the chart as a buy ....grey CHF has been consistently strong this morning

personally im out of market at moment .....GBP has oscillated so far and i need to see some firm solid trending

slow day so far
N

Attachments

• gbp calls.JPG
    gbp calls.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 226
hey C

sure i see red GBP as still weakish on 5 mins ....but im also looking at my fixed chart from 6am opens (top chart on piccie) and im not convinced .....also with green usd also sitting in lower half of that 20ma 5min chart if i were going to trade GBP at all i would look for a currency in top half of the chart as a buy ....grey CHF has been consistently strong this morning

personally im out of market at moment .....GBP has oscillated so far and i need to see some firm solid trending

slow day so far
N
Dead on there - I see now that it's turning around, so just as well that I wasn't in it. On the subject of the Chf, there I'm doing a bit better. I took a long on chfjpy yesterday morning and it's still itm and I've got part of a position left that I'm just letting run. I usually do a combination of Fixed and Trailing stops and my trail got hit during night...at which (of course)it took off again. My TP is 109.80 on the basis that it will be tested again fairly shortly....but then again, it's looking shaky at 70 so I might just rid of it before I get back to work.

Dead on there - I see now that it's turning around, so just as well that I wasn't in it. On the subject of the Chf, there I'm doing a bit better. I took a long on chfjpy yesterday morning and it's still itm and I've got part of a position left that I'm just letting run. I usually do a combination of Fixed and Trailing stops and my trail got hit during night...at which (of course)it took off again. My TP is 109.80 on the basis that it will be tested again fairly shortly....but then again, it's looking shaky at 70 so I might just rid of it before I get back to work.

nice....

Maybe...I know I'm being a pain but I have to go and scribble stuff for money very shortly and I'm looking at the strength of chf and wondering whether I should just jack up my stop a bit and raise the TP to, say, 110.00 or so. Any thoughts?

Maybe...I know I'm being a pain but I have to go and scribble stuff for money very shortly and I'm looking at the strength of chf and wondering whether I should just jack up my stop a bit and raise the TP to, say, 110.00 or so. Any thoughts?
Really do have to go now so I've stayed in despite the minor p/b. Thinking that 75 might be turning into support so I've raised my fixed stop to 53 and my remaining trail is at 55 ish atm. TPs now 110 on the trail and 90 on the fixed. Will check in this eve to see what happened:)

sorry C i went out ....i notice that swissie did fall back but has since regained its bull mojo....hope wasnt too painful

N

interesting afternoon....Cad sold off aggressively and has continued to fall .....3150s bounce was a real nice place to play it and i was a little late in....but still a few pips ....

always interesting when a currency spikes then follows through on news .....

N

Really do have to go now so I've stayed in despite the minor p/b. Thinking that 75 might be turning into support so I've raised my fixed stop to 53 and my remaining trail is at 55 ish atm. TPs now 110 on the trail and 90 on the fixed. Will check in this eve to see what happened:)
Bum. Just seen that my trail at 55 got hit and then it reached 110....however, on the plus side the fixed stop at 53 didn't get hit and so I did get that TP at 90 on LO. The average for the 3 bits is a pretty crap 29 pips despite a reasonable entry at 34. The first part I lost because of my overtight stop at 44 so a thundering 10 pips on that - n°2 went at 55 for 21 and n°3 wasn't too shabby at 90 for 56. So, yes, somewhat painful as I also got out of my Nazzy short today for -15. The scribbling made me considerably more but it's all rather hard work. Never mind, it's only money:p

hey all

for the week we see a weak broen CAD off of earlier weeks sentiments....nearly 200 pips down at times

Green USD fairing badly as well of FOMCs ...we will see what NFPs do today later .....70 pips south so far

Red GBP done ok so far....100 pips up in the week at times

today its pretty tight so far .....Cads strong .....GBP is ranging ....euro is now falling ....but in truth market is still till pretty tight rangewise since 6am start ....so i stay on sidelines

remember watch the big trenders / players in the week (GBP Bull / CAD Bear) ...Friday is notorious for traders taking profits

N

Attachments

• forex week ending 1st nov 2019.JPG
    forex week ending 1st nov 2019.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 206
hey all

ive added the daily TF to my triple corrie (or 3 duck corrie) ...default is

60m , 240m , 1440 m

see links below for rules

N

Attachments

• Triple Corrie daily.mq4