Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

just picked up a rebuy on cable from 65 to 75 so far ....nice support level on GBP index

Hi NVP thank you for all your analysis posts.

Thought you might be interested in what the VRM is saying about the GBP.

VRM described in first post of the thread " Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics"

I attach the VRM charts for GBPUSD, GBPJPY and GBPCAD for the week starting 21st October. Coloured levels are the important levels. In all three the top of the short term channel is reaching the top of the long term trend channel. Get ready for some volatility and reversals.

Let's see what the week will bring

View attachment 268866

View attachment 268867

View attachment 268868

I attach today's GBPUSD results following the VRM predictions in post above.

GBPUSD found support on the top of the short term trend channel at 1.2894 and resistance at daily level 1.3002. These levels were predicted before the market opened in NY. Times are GMT-3

VRM described in first post of the thread " Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics"

2019-10-21-1130-GBPUSD-15min-15min.png

Wow....Somme great comments ....welcome to my thread....I do mainly trade cable here so any other currencies you are looking at please add them as well

Forgive me if I haven’t looked at someone else’s threads in detail....over the last 20 years trading forex I do get to most things in the end .....if it is original and has merit I will have noted it and tested it ........however the concept of strengthmeters is universal and the best thing I have found in those 20 years ....

Using my Fxcorrelator I can review and then trade any pair on any timeframe

I choose to scalp mainly as it make sure me most money in shortest time

Today will Be another good one I hope......

N

Last edited:
been selling gbp since early doors this morning ...no doubts

its still falling ....cable in from 2970s now down to 2930s so far

no complaints
N

came out at 33 as wanted to bank a little ...may be wrong but the hell its been twitchy today

interesting chart from D .....heres a 50ma FXcorrelator below on a 4hr chart

the Brown CAD and the Green USD are highlighted ......whilst there is scope to trade Ucad sells its always useful to see where else the opportunities are and indeed where the real money has been made

looks at how relatively flat the relationship was between Cad and USD ......then look at the massive moves of Red GBP and Yellow Yen ....in truth at 4hr and above...and thats whyIi trade those currencies in their approriate pairs unless CAD and or USD had shown more movement to date

USD is rarely more volatile than Yen or GBP (or CAD for that matter) and I can turn to CAD as possibly next most volatile currency after the GBP JPY boys ......but above that trade what you see

N

Attachments

• cad usd on H4.JPG
    cad usd on H4.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 93

again for me on a 50ma I would have been interested trading this pair in the volatile are shown ...but generally always other pairs better in the frame elsewhere in this period

I use the FXCorrelator to get me on THE BEST TRENDING Currencies at any time......and forget the rest

N

Attachments

• aud usd on M30.JPG
    aud usd on M30.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 131