Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

A lot of traders i know are able to kind of de-personalise trading (hey its just business)....Ive tried this working with coaches and therapists as well.....but i never 100% get rid of my feelings on losing.....just me ...I have many trading friends who handle losses better than me ......so good luck to them

the only generic way to reduce the emotional effects on trading is to reduce your £££ in trades .........sure you can have a multiyear sucessful track record and convince yourself that over time your edge will allow you to make money ......but its only human to feel irritation when you lose a trade ...........so just try to make it irritation (low loss) instead of blind panic / fear / anger (big loss)

over the last 20 years I have placed thousands and thousands of trades .....and it still irritates me when i lose a trade :sneaky:

we are all human so dont fight it
N

hey guys

red sterling having a decent week although struggling now .........yellow Yen having a bad one .....

monday action was best day so far ...........Sterlings bull run was very profitable

N

Attachments

• the week commencing 9th sep 2019.JPG
    the week commencing 9th sep 2019.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 145
hey all

big action on CAD and GBP so far this week .....heres the playbook for me on one of my Customised FXCorrelator indicators
this one sets a fixed Zero star for all 8 currencies from sunday night opens

brown Cad has been solid bull but now has fell back
Red GBP went deep bear ....but now having a resurgence today - note that s/say Support on chart for where GBP bounced

So how do i trade Forex ?

I have been here on this thread for 10 years guys and havnt really wavered from how i trade and teach this stuff from 2001

I use my FXCorrelator (See free links below)........it tells me what currencies are doing in relation to each other

based on the timeframe and Zone I am working with ........if im scalping .....im looking for what the currencies a doing re trends , Support levels , resistance levels , correlations between currencies (and non correlations).....and many other things

once i see something that is part of my strategies and related triggers ...I get involved and trade ......

thats it ..........

im always here at T2win no matter how busy i am and will respond to you if you have any questions ...ive been trading since the 1980s and forex professionally since 2001 .........this correlation thread has had nearly 2.5 million views in 10 years and I am extremely grateful to everyone I meet and talk to along the way ......

always be the eternal Student and be curious and humble in your trading and mindset

cheers guys
N

Attachments

• FX action for week so far.JPG
    FX action for week so far.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
yeah bro it's natural for humans. this is what makes us humans. I always have stress before starting something new, it's fear of the unknown. although some of this stress can be reduced using computer codes or EAs I mean. if you have a good strategy (which can be coded simply. because many strategies require a human mind not code), you can live stress free and get your mind to other tthings.

hey M - thanks for that ......let me ask you a question though ...if EA's are so good (and i admit in theory they are the holy grail) ....why arnt there millions of EA millionaire traders out there ?

N

so guys ....

I have been trading but in truth with other consultancy work so pressing im not really posting and broadcasting a much as i want to across the other forums and my own personal websites etc etc

anyway where are we ? - lets talk september

heres a fixed FXCorrelator....zeroises all currencies on 1st September to see where they are now and approx relative pips generated

Well amazingly wev'e seen a very good Sterling performance .........but sadly the Boris antics in the last week have ended the jamboree as Parliament is recalled and the whole depressing and debilitating party is back in town

ive had a good run through this period ...and this week especially as ive sold GBP through the floor anticipating the retrace.......
(See second chart)

that all i do guys ....i look for relative Currency strengths and weakness on charts like this (and my free fxcorrelator available in links below) and then go with the trend on the BEST PERFORMING PAIRS

does this work ? ..........sure most of the time ...and if you introduce all those things great traders do to the strategy (MM, discipline, timing , execution efficiency, etc) then it makes money .....

anyway always happy to chat guys

have fun
N

Attachments

• g8 forex september.JPG
    g8 forex september.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 109
  • G8 this week.JPG
    G8 this week.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 116
Im very humbled to receive a lot of feedback on my work here over the last 10+ years ......thanks guys

Hi Neil, my name is XXX and I have been attempting to be a full time trader for the past 4 years when I first funded an account. First in stocks but the past 6 months in forex. I am 26 years old and live near Toronto, Canada. I discovered your website by first watching and reading NoNonsenseForex and subsequently your forexfactory post about VP. From there I looked into your trading style and found your approach to currency strength meter trading. For a couple weeks now I have been using the strength meters to help filter signals in an amateur system that I put together with the help of the structure that VP provides. I can already see improvements in eliminating many bad trade entries! So I wanted to thank you for that so far. The indicator, your free 2013 FXCorrelator, has opened my eyes to where the better opportunities can be found instead of just looking at each chart as if they are equally valid at the same time. VP spoke out against strength meters but after reading a lot of your posts on T2W and forexfactory, as well as putting the correlator on my charts, I am seeing a lot of value in your method. I was wondering how things have been progressing for you, and if there are newer indicators you use instead of the 2013 version. I would be happy to pay for other tools you are working on, especially with how valuable I have found your free indicator to be as a filter in my own trading. Thanks again for the work you have been doing, and even though you've been advocating this approach to the market I am only finding your work now. I hope to keep learning from all the information you have out there.

and my response - some parts removed as i cannot specifically advertise some of my own resources and sources

Hey XXX

thank you so much for your kind comments ...ive been using strengthmeters for nearly 20 years now and know what they can do....

so its great to see fellow traders getting into the groove as well !

in truth a lot of my more advanced indicators (there are many) are all tied up under confidentiality agreements with programmers and traders who built them with me over the years .....

In terms of other variations i can only recommend you take a look on this page and pull out anything of interest ....like the triple corrie ?

https://www.trade2win.com/threads/c...s-and-strategies.71854/page-1177#post-2773474

[other links Removed - look at links below in signature area]

the basic 2013 indicator is still the original and best machine though ...like a vintage wine it just gets better and better for those who know how to use it .....

Good trading and please feel free to contact me whenever you want to

best regards
Neil (NVP)

good morning everyone

I am currently engaged in a variety of business projects and startups so I am having to limit my Forex trading, training and mentoring work.....not sure when it will come back to previous levels

meanwhile i am still trading on a daily basis ......not as intense as before (ie 6 hour scalping sessions) ....but always in background hunting out the best signals and alerts using my FXcorrelator indicators and strengthmeter strategies (linked for free in signature area below)

lets look at october.......

yellow Yen is the alpha bull play so far ...reflecting the jitters in early october equity markets
still only some 100 pip net gain vs market .....so not really that significant for a weeks action

Cad is struggling perhaps of the back of a softening dollar outlook and elections later in october.....
its been nearly 150 net pips down so far .....lets see where this plays

Rest of G8 are relatively flat plays so far ....sterling and Euro will increase in volatility as we approach the 31st October
Brexit deadline with EU and parliamentary negotiations and Boris's inevitable antics within

I continue to generally watch GBP pair opportunities (cant help it its my favourite currency to trade) ...although using the FXCorrelator if i see predominant strength or weakness in any currency then ie will look to trade it in most attractive pairs

theres about 10 years of Thread here talking about how i do that so wont bore you now !

have a great week guys

N

feel free to PM and contact me here or elsewhere and i will get back to you i promise !

Attachments

• october 2019 forex G8.JPG
    october 2019 forex G8.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 117
hey all

latest Video where i cover who i am and the GBP Bull action this week ....excellent action !

N

interesting day so far .....Sterling is really thumping around my FXCorrelator strengthmeter .....Alpha volatile currency all day

I chased cable down this morning from 1.2600's to its low of 2517s
Then got back in as it came up from 2550's (being conservative)...to 2640's
Now we are seeing a resell phase ........i waited until the resell at 2608 ...down to 2530s

at the moment im trying to resell looking for clues ...but i havnt resold cable as yet

sure ive dropped a few test/retest trades on some of those turning points ...but thats peanuts compared to the overall 3 trend runs of

80 pips south
then 90 north
and now 70 south again ......

be patient ......GBP will post you some money when its ready

this week will all be GBP action so trade those pairs

N

Attachments

• cable today NVP fxcorrelator.JPG
    cable today NVP fxcorrelator.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 108
Cable
Tricky....cos you dont know if the bounce in that blue rectangle area is a new uptrend or just a recoil from support
bulls need to keep it above 1.2500 area