Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ok where are we ? ......

chd had the best london morning session - stayed bullish

usd and actually yen stayed pretty flatline ......usd flicked bull after its early bearish fakes

euro got into a nice steady sell mode.....as we bite into us opens i see that EJ is probably best potential sells

N

hey all

slow monday ...not uncommon

not perfect correlation in london morning market so far

GBP running bear with usd

yen running north .....so a little spurious for me so far

could take a few swissie buys into usd .......i preer to wait for more deffinite patterns to emerge ......GBP is strating to show real weakness so watching cable sells

been deliberately out of market last few days as i am focused on some other projects .....

i could have dipped in but it may have affected my project work and naturally my focus on trading right place right time

remember that ....you can be everywhere at once ....it will hurt

N

Last edited:
sorry about the lack of posting and content last week or 2 gang ....i'm working on a lot of projects and other activities that are diverting my time and energy

sure i'm trading at times ....but no posting and all the other social media circus stuff that comes with it .....

will try to get more out there as soon as i can .......should be back to normal soon

N

PS great week on USD.............strong Bull move all week made it easy to take some profits

Last edited:
hey all ...

still under the radar at moment ...plenty of projects on the go and i am also trading but not as publicly as usual as no time
will hopefully get back to more active posting and content provision in September

N

hey all ...........I hope everybody is well at T2win !

ok I apologise for my extended absence......basically i am working on some business projects that are taking up significant levels of time and effort ..........alongside a little overdue vacation time as well in August !

The Projects and Industries involved in my work are mainly non Trading in nature ....but i like that as it gives me an enforced break from my trading activities and refreshes my outlook on them ............It allows me to step back and ensure i am "on point" regarding what i am doing and how i am progressing in the trading world.....like a sabbatical

So how am i doing ?

one of the current projects i am working on is around industry and market analysis ...and finding new and innovative ways to create new markets and insights ...........fascinating stuff

when applying this to Trading and how the trading industry works I see a pretty stagnant and tired market...... with vendors , brokers , educators, Influencers, sponsors and Regulators all recycling old and defunct materials with absolutely nothing that is innovative or creative of new value for anyone..........

I see out of date Country Regulations unable to understand or control the industry ...........or able to comprehend the main (and future) drivers of the industry and how to facilitate true value creation and protection for their constituents going forward

so we need change..........or it will continue on its sad journey

meanwhile I will continue as i am .....I'm pretty happy with my forex strategies and my own little world inside trading at this time ..........no complaints and I dont feel like changing the trading world at this moment in time ....!!! :)

anyway enough ..........enjoy whats left of the summer and i will be back soon

N

Jees Sterling has been a real real dog last few months .....volatility picking up as well now

at least i'll have something to play with on return

some 1200 pip falls since May .......(vs market)

jeeeeeeeeees

Attachments

• 2019 forex market.JPG
    2019 forex market.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 174
what next for sterling ?

off my relative strength indicator below we can see that RED sterling is perilously close to the depths of Oct 2016

for any brit this is hopeful as a support level that keeps us out of that unthinkable abyss below ....

but with boris trying to shut out parliament now...I have a very nasty feeling about this one ....

back fully in september
N

what next for sterling ?

off my relative strength indicator below we can see that RED sterling is perilously close to the depths of Oct 2016
for any brit this is hopeful as a support level that keeps us out of that unthinkable abyss below ....
but with boris trying to shut out parliament now...I have a very nasty feeling about this one ....

What could possibly go wrong?? From reading your post anyone would think you're a realist, God forbid!

IMO the €/£ race to the bottom will be won by the pound..... but compared to other harder currencies (like the Ringgit or Baht) they're both pretty much toast :)

both Euro and GBP Currencies are in a death grip at the moment as they torture one another to the end .....

how did we get here ? ......madness ..........

must admit though the volatility particularly on sterling has been very profitable to me over the last 3 years .....

Trading leaves no room for sentimentality

N

august was an interesting month ....

Yen was Alpha Bull by miles ......acknowledged safe haven and better investment prospects than even the greenback make it a continued buy for 2019

NZDs disastrous interest rate cut against fierce international market completion really earned it Alpha Bear Currency of the month

Sterling actually improved in august .......take a picture dudes as its gonna get worse for the Brits

N

Attachments

• august G8 forex.JPG
    august G8 forex.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 114
been hammering GBP sells today across other currencies (durrrrr - easy money)

Cable easiest at times but its sloooooooowed considerably

been selling from 2030s earlier

last trade was around 11.15 last time ........but weak move from 1993 to around 1975.....no legs

im hopeful its coming again now ....half chance at 2032.....(its been to 2020)... .but too risky for me ....i'll wait for firmer pushback to confirm trend again

GBP and Euro very tighly correlated so i will stick with Cable at moment ...if you want to fall asleep ...AUD is a strong buy against selling BP .....but not on fast scalps

N

bloody missed 15 pipper scalp.....but it was a low quality trade signal ......

yah boo sucks to discipline

N

cable looks hot for another resell....2029 ..........just trying to time the move

that 5 -10 pip Zone was a major pivot point for me .....its rejection signals perhaps GBP is coming out of red today