Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

morning all

its the holiday weekend in USA ......

european currencies have been weak last 5 days ......rst of the pack generally bull with CAD the Alpha so far

today its still light volumes i suspect ....

GBP running bull today , USD as well london session so far ...AUD the alpha Bear so far

if i can get yen running with USd bull i will sell europeans today into weekly trends .....

flaky stuff so not that on it today so far

N

in 2580s i noticed enough rejection of cable price to sell it now ....lets see ...low 2570s now

cable 2563 off 2580s where i started selling ....ive got europeans selling based on weeks trend ...as good as its gonna get today

cable low 2549 so far ..best pair of the morning and we were on it ...sorry guys i cant make it better than that ...mnothing to work with at moment

N

interesting moves prior to US action .....

USd gone real bull .....nice action ........I needed to see cable get confident in its reselling so didnt resell earlier until back into the 2540's ....been to 2515 now ....nice action following the weeks trend

swissie been good as well off that usd move ........UCHF buys ......

N

2484 the cable low today .....thats about 100 pips off where i started selling all day ....

no complaints

cheers guys
N

hey all

ive been trading this morning and some coaching so wasnt posting ......apologies

steady selling on GBP london morning session.......made it easy to trade cable .....no other real alternatives ...only GBPCHF was a better pair to scalp ......

started in 2480s and hammered down to 2440s so far

N

hey all.............sloooooooooow london at moment

usd been pushing bull so far.....so against weekly trend at moment ....doesnt help

im feebly trying to coax cable south then ....but flimsy fundamentals this week really

took a trade earlier at 2531 down to 2523 so far ...........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

N

ok lets see if we can get cable back below 27.......will go in again .....

only GBP is playing today so far ....hope it warms up

hey DF ....:)...interesting shot there

...im generally trading lower TFs on forex ......

heres the fxcorrelator on a simple 20 ma setting

i would ideally need to see usd strengthening more next few bars to be tempted .......GBPCAD is already a signal if you look for new currencies entering opposing sides

Attachments

• 4 hour on 20 fxc.JPG
    4 hour on 20 fxc.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 267
  • gbpcad.JPG
    gbpcad.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 281
this morning ...........

usd and yen have help bear in a promising style ..........since gbp been a little reluctant to get bull ive been trading CHF and CAD bull plays

nothing to dramatic but some solid scalps so far

gp and usd way too correlated for me to trade on some TF's ...like the 1 hour below .......i like my currencies to be diverging ...:)

Attachments

• usd and gbp on 1 hour.JPG
    usd and gbp on 1 hour.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 275