Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

so EJ stalled bull.....i am back in if we can see improvement below 121.19

so EJ stalled bull.....i am back in if we can see improvement below 121.19

nice opp to resell earlier around 12.07 ...i was called away unfortunately ....urrr

121.28 from there down to 121.11 so far

N

hey all ......usd really taking a bath this week now so i am hunting usd bear plays ....cad going strong .....also gbp as good as any to buy this week

so far this morning Cable looking nice and bull .....EJ buys a treat as well .....

EJ been sweet buying from 121.30s to 121.60s so far
cable ive been working up from 2680s ......2700 above for more conservative traders

N

hey all ......usd really taking a bath this week now so i am hunting usd bear plays ....cad going strong .....also gbp as good as any to buy this week

ucad worked its way down from 3220s to 3150s from this post above earlier ......cad did well

hey all ........another low trading volume week for me as i re-establish my trading room

decent pips out there though ......see below

brown Cad rocked the midweek....nearly 150 pips up by thursday

green USD sold off all week......got to -140's on pips by friday - ouch !

orange AUD was weak (strange correlation) about 100 pips down on week

red GBP was surprisingly tight.....yellow Yen as well ....these guys sat on hands all week - wierd

anyway if you hammered ucad sells in the week then congratuations ......i was on it thursday (see earlier posts last week) so no complaints ..........

have a great weekend guys
N

Attachments

• forex G8 weekending 21 jun 2019.JPG
    forex G8 weekending 21 jun 2019.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 261
hey all

ok interesting week so far .....

gbp partnered with usd and yen as a triple bear play yesterday ...unusual correlations

so far london opens most currencies going against the weekly trend......so i can sit on my hands or chase the movers

UJ and UCHF buys are the trend plays .......but a little tedious and risky for me ......so far anyway

N

hey all

been an ok session so far today

ive been mainly leaning on selling USD....and Yen

CAD AUD and NZD are main buy currencies

yes poor show ......technically i am leaving GBP and EUR alone today so far ....Grrrrr
i could chase GBP up and down ....but I cant be arsed today ....

ucad been down some 60 pips since 6am opens london ......so no complaints
other pairs mentioned much less in gains dept .....

N

nice piece from Yvan - interesting Guy

hey all

i must say the market has been very perky and kind today so far ......

GBP already stretched to some 60 pips south from 6am .....

USD solid bull.....alongside Yen

euro a little weak ....

cable cable cable selling gang ..easy scalping so far

selling from 2680s to 2630s so far .....resell signals as big as towerblocks so far ......

N

l

nice piece from Yvan - interesting Guy

Similar to something an old hand told me about his own trading during my first encounter with the markets:

"Profit is a side effect of what I do"

.....as at that time I was interested exclusively in options and he was indices futures centred, I never did find out what exactly it was that he was doing....... :rolleyes:

hey C

yep i get it and 100% agree ...........all professionals in any line of business implement their (smart) strategies with 100% focus and discipline and commitment.......the inevitable successful outcomes (increasing sample size optimises positive results) are just the "side effect"

as gary player famously said ....the more i practice the luckier i get

N

for my scalping i just lean on the currencies that are trending best ........i look for re-entries / continuations of the trend

sure i have a few rules alongside that around correlation , timing , timezones , basic Technicals , news releases etc etc

but who doesnt ?

N

like literally last few minutes Cable just offered a lovely resell signal around 2643 .....as stated the market is offering some huge solid signals today ......about 20% of the time this happens in london morning market

so traders must harvest when the good times are present .....

N

the last 100% REALLY clean signal for me was 2649 price level on Cable .....so happy to keep bashing it unless it gets over that

ive just had another 5 pip scalp out of the 2643s...but its slowing at moment

N

hey all ....slowish day so far

been on chf and NZD for sells and mainy cad as buys .....everything else pretty flat.....

N

hey all

ok this week has seen weak Europeans so far .....yen and CAd have been good bull plays at times ....USD mainly bull also

today GBP has fallen early london so i will be looking to capitalise on that .....

lets see

N