Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

so we got cable down to 3180s earlier......so i was able to scalp trade cable down for during its 90 pip net fall overall today .... no complaints and plenty of opportunities

yens had a decent bull run today so far ...and CAD has been bear as already discussed ......but GBP is the daddy again

N

morning all

been watching market for last 90 mins and its pretty quiet .....GBP just took off bear so am rolling into sterling shorts now ......

N

got into cable around 3205/10 area down to 3164 so far .....nice momo

N

my last scalp on cable was the 76-59 resell around 9.15 .....not convinced on this recent one 76-70 so never took it

just missed the 1 min bull spike on Cable .....thats why i wasnt convinced !!!

76 holding the resistance line ...i may get back into scalping cable south soon

cable got to 3107 so far .....hard work

taking a long hard look at 3134 at moment for resells

yen and usd looking fairly bullish so far .......CAD sells are options ...and a scrappy EJ buys at times

N

cable Bear finally loosened up again....been down to 3074 again now ....

morning all....

earlier this morning i was trying to work a bear GBP initially ......then around 8.30 euro came off south and been selling Euro ever since ...GBP stayed bear as well ....

usd and yen decent buys ......

EJ the best performer then so far as a bear london session

hi all.....

still on my gypsy odyssey......got another month probably until we get back back into house and my trading room is ready...please bear with me as I beg borrow and use temporary trading rooms and hardware !

if you followed me here or at my other forums, websites , blogs etc you would have seen me mainly selling Sterling ......it was a solid bear most of the week ............until friday when i was buying GBP aggressively as it rallied North

Euro , Swissie and Yen were the main bulls at times..........others stayed pretty flat ........

have a good weekend
N

Attachments

• g8 forex week ending 22nd march 2019.JPG
    g8 forex week ending 22nd march 2019.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 120
morning all

ok another big brexit day .......im already selling cable so far .....nice signal around 3188 earlier down to 3167

N

market a little screwy at moment ...yen dropped south as well as usd .....and whilst GBP has retraced north dramatically ive been hesitant in buying it so far ......all change at moment

E/J rebuys doing ok......good signals earlier around 124.40s to rebuy ...been to 124.61so far

hey gang

sorry but i’m taking a couple of days to do some business consulting with a few old clients .....it keeps my hand in and freshens me from 24/7 trading ....

if any of you guys are 100% full blooded trading you will know how fried you can get ......then you need to change the record for a brief while .....

i don’t really do hitting golf balls or sitting on a mountain meditating ......so i simply put my consulting hat on and do that.......a change is as good as a rest......ask my wife .......sit me in a sunbed for 10 mins and that’s already 9 minutes too long ......hahaha

I just wanted to comment on something’s really basic that i get asked a lot

what is the most important difference between profitable and losing traders ??

jees what a question ......no pressure them .......

having met and worked with several hundred profitable gamblers and traders over nearly 50 years.......my answer is this

the winners don’t give their profits back to the market ......that’s it

that’s it NVP.....???

yep......they don’t give their profits back .....

were you expecting that ?.......be honest .......what we’re you expecting ??......a holy grail bullshit answer like the marketeers and vendors will sell to you ?......sorry i don’t do that stuff.....you all know me ......i tell it straight ......

the best traders in the world do all the good stuff losing traders do......but they also ensure they
don’t do dumb silly wasteful foolish reckless stuff .....that’s where the secret is........

DONT GIVE IT ALL BACK TO THE MARKET

i have met a lot more losing traders than the several hundred winners i mentioned earlier......thousands of themselves over time ........and they will remain losers ........because they never ever got to learn how to hold onto the moneys many of them made in their good times ......and many of them were profitable for brief periods in their careers ......

so remember this .......any idiot can make money’s briefly in trading .......but only the real pros ,make the jump and manage to retain those profits over time

learn that 1 skill and you will be profitable in a lifetime of trading.....

now.....where’s the sunbed ?

N

Last edited:
still early days this morning (im scalping for a couple of hours)

nothing has really moved enough yet ....

remember as ive just said ...the secret to sucessful trading is not doing dumb / half-assed trades .....and giving back hard earned profits

N

morning all.....

GBP and yen getting sold this morning .......so thats where i am

EJ buys , Cable sells in frame

N

all change for yen now going bull...........i'm still mainly selling cable so stick with it

ok early days so far ....

yen and GBP banging the Bull drums.......but very volatile

and i dont like those guys being on same team .....