Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

morning all ..

ok the CAD got hammered in asian session that is making the london morning session interesting ...im certainly more active on CAD than i would have been at moment

market still settling down .....I need a little more confidence in what my main 4 currencies are doing to get serious yet .....(YEN / USD / GABP / EUR)

market all over the place still...

swissie is strongest currency at moment ....but messy

Interesting action so far today ....

yen has swung nearly 100 pips into a very aggressive bear run after early asian gains ...ive been selling it hard so far .....mainly into euro

USD is trailing yen but still a solid Bear at moment

the real winners so far are the AUD and CAD from early london .......EURO is most bullish of the europeans that i try to follow.....

GBP looking more and more Bearish...

summary ? - EJ buys has been great so far !

N

Attachments

• EJ buying.JPG
    EJ buying.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 96
wow ..........the AUD (bear) and the Yen(Bull) got real spikes off 8am bar as shown

really interesting....

with EJ falling back to 131.00 and its asian high its a real area to look for rebuys

N

interesting day so far from early asian session......yen and GBP both sitting as alpha sells

thats a rarirty to have those guys so correlated ....

hi all

good session developing now .........

euro and GBP pushing bull finally , yen and usd selling well

easy pickings
N

cable has been up to 3215 from 3140s at 6am this morning ...
EU to early 1700s from 1680s
EJ up to 131.40s from 131.00

no complaints here regarding some nice scalps on the way for these guys

sorry guys - we are moving home in the next 2 weeks and its crazy times packing etc etc

sorry re less trading and posting .....such is life

my beloved trading screens are all going into big boxes and storage ....Ive got a big shiny trading room promised to me in new house ....but it needs to be renovated first so should be interesting creating a makeshift office over next few months

N

morning all

ok GBP has had a decent bull run from 6am London...Euro is finally coming north as well now

im selling usd and yen ..........

cable my best scalp action so far ...been buying up from 3080s to 3120 so far

no complaints today from me .....GBP just kept climbing all morning

GBP index actually went about 70 pips north from the 6am london opens .....easy easy pickings just finding a currency to sell into it ...which for me was inevitably the falling USD

cable has come back now as NY warms up but i was long out of it ......3160s had a double top so pretty easy to spot the fade play see chart

euro has been good today as a buy ....so EJ and EU reasonable plays ....nothing else

N

Attachments

• cable buys.JPG
    cable buys.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 93
hi guys please suggest real time currency correlation indicator.........

hey there ...load up my FXcorrelator as already posted earlier today

heres the 20ma on a 5min chart ....look at the red GBP ???

this is over simple ....but only look to buy cable when the red gbp is above the zero line and the green usd is below ......

3 massive trades today ......nice !

N

ps its not always this simple .....but the indicator starts making things look clearer if you want to see what currencies are doing relative to each other ......the more you look and practice the more you see......ive been doing iot for 20 years now so in truth it does get easier i promise .....if you know what to look for !

Attachments

• 3 big cable buys today.JPG
    3 big cable buys today.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 105
hey all

ok im down to 1 laptop and a secondary tv screen as my other screens and laptops in storage for move .....so less trading and even less posting next few days :)

this morning was a replay of yesterday .....

Gbp and Euro came bull post 6am ..easy pickings

selling USD and yen mainly ....

oh man..... if only it was as easy as this on all trading days

heres cable on a 5 min TF ...no games here .....you just have to look for decent pullbacks

........i am already on cable because my strengthmeters told me to buy GBP and Sell USD .....after that...... forget fancy indicators and envelopes and fibs etc etc ..

all i have to do here is look for sustained pullbacks / patterns off my Bull bias

there are 3 occasions where i see 5 consecutive bear bars .....so i get aggressive on the bounce
and also a real big retrace off 2 bars .....so again i get jiggy with the buying

see the yellow arrows on chart below

sure i may be on other charts and setups to get more granular.......but even on this simple 5 min chart
.....its not rocket science gang !

N

Attachments

• easy cable action.JPG
    easy cable action.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 140
GBP currency has held its place as number 1 bull today from 6am london opens....its been ranging nicely

Cable has ranged 3150s - 3170s in US session so far ........not convinced it will go higher

heres the week so far from weekend opens ...........this is a fixed FXcorrelator with no MA skew..

nice shape to market so far ......red GBP is THE Alpha Bull to buy ....lets see if it crashes that R ceiling its on some 120 pips up from asian opens sunday night

Grey Swissie getting hurt .........USD midway as usual ...shame it hasnt fallen more to increase Cable returns

yellow Yen is net bear....its been very quiet so far this week ............just you wait !!!

the big play in hindsight was buying GBPCHF........but thats another story....for another Time ....I trade the weeks plays totally differently to my scalping sessions London and US opens ....

N

Attachments

• the week soi far on FIXED FXCORRELATOR.JPG
    the week soi far on FIXED FXCORRELATOR.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited: