Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

markets have flattened ....

we still have the 3 european currencies dominating the bull side of london session ..........and rest of G8 are sells

nothing is breaking though ....ZZZZZZZz

N

hey all

been tied up the last week or so on some other projects ......heres some musings on the USD

http://www.blackswantrading.com/blog/2018/6/12/donalds-dollar-dilemma

heres the GREEN usd tracked against other G7 in last few months....

its a fixed price FXCorrelator on the top from 1/1/2018 and then the default 20ma FXCorrelator available for free in links below.....

see how Greenback is now second bullish currency in 2018 so far ?
see that big push in mid April for the Greenback ? (and the 20ma bull move crossover ?)
see how its flattened in last few weeks ?

now what ?

hey how do i know ? ........just trade what you see gang

TRADE WHAT YOU SEE :)

N

Attachments

• g8 2018 so far.JPG
    g8 2018 so far.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
hard work this morning in markets .....

usd mainly flat so far .....which mean no fun for anyone on majors

yen has been most bullish since 6am BST but i cant get much of a bounce so far off the EJ or UJ sell options ....

euro showing some bullish tendancies now .....so hunting Euro bull plays off the usual pairs

ZZZZZZ
N

Hey - I have never said trading is easy ....its not ....:)

and dont believe all the ridiculous vendors out there that say it is easy....

especially if you use their wonder indicators.....and you will become successful overnight

(hint) you wont ......

#1 - get a method in place that allows you to SEE the market ......fully 24/7
#2 - now develop some predictive patterns and systems based on what you see
#3 - trade those systems using sensible Entry / Exit and money management rules
#4 - constantly review and improve the system and yourself in applying it

N

looks promising off the support level

N

Attachments

• ej rebuys.JPG
    ej rebuys.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 122
hey gang ...gbp has continued to drill north and ive been mainly on it

yen has also been a cracker sell all day

have a good weekend
N

Sales data boosted bets on Pound but how long the relief will last is a puzzle. I think its' all depends on how traders interpret ECB, I mean broad dollar sell-off should soon start again as the search for yields will resume

Sales data boosted bets on Pound but how long the relief will last is a puzzle. I think its' all depends on how traders interpret ECB, I mean broad dollar sell-off should soon start again as the search for yields will resume

sure .....but trade what you see dude .....:)

hey all

early days today ...........usd running bull .....im playing it into GBP sells at moment mainly since the 3250's ...........and i will keep hitting it in that range shown until failure

ive got a default 20ma FXCorrelator in as a guide on a 1 min ...see the red and green lines ?

N

Attachments

• sell cable.JPG
    sell cable.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 109
all positioning ...step back until the 8am bar moves ...i still like cable sells

ok cable to 3230 so far and falling fast

i cant call a scalp better than that - textbook fast scalp !!!!

back later
N

hey all

early days today ...........usd running bull .....im playing it into GBP sells at moment mainly since the 3250's ...........and i will keep hitting it in that range shown until failure

ive got a default 20ma FXCorrelator in as a guide on a 1 min ...see the red and green lines ?

N

soooo..... i just kept hitting the cable resistance level whilst watching my fxcorrelator for clues

sweet :) :smart:

N

Attachments

• more cable selling.JPG
    more cable selling.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 173