Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

will be taking some nice pips off of this one and nicely up this afternoon now .....when your scalping you don't need many as you can scale up the £ per pip naturally

later
N

Hi N

Check out say 3 50 pm for exactly one he on your fx correlator on a 5 or 30 main frame

Suddenly dollar weakness and over 80 pip rises in total on the EU /GU /AU

Best hour of the afternoon session

Regards

F

will be taking some nice pips off of this one and nicely up this afternoon now .....when your scalping you don't need many as you can scale up the £ per pip naturally

later
N

Hi NVP,

I've been a bit of a ghost follower for a while now and finally decided to post. I would private message but it's not giving me the option due to limited posts etc. so apologies for hijacking the thread.

I'll certainly try to post more often now across the forum as I've always had a passion for the science behind the financial markets. I did my MSc in Stochastic finance and financial mathematics and only just scratched the surface if I'm been honest, and am now on route to qualifying with the ACA at a big 4 firm. The auditing side is incredibly boring, I only enjoy the corporate side.

When not working, playing golf or with the fiance I'll either be trawling my way through this forum trying to consume as much knowledge as possible, or trying out different strategies.

I've been using tradefair with a demo account and a live account with minimal funds which I've been growing steadily. I much prefer the short term scalps, until I grow a bigger capital anyway. I find your correlator software brilliant and have been using it for a while now with good success.

Do you choose all your scalps from your software solely, or do you need external factors as well to back up your software predictions?

I won't ask for amounts, but do you aim for a % return daily, or monthly or just take a scalp as it comes? What is your % return since using your software?

Cheers
J.

PS: You appear to be very successful at this, I wondered why you decide to share all of your trades and software with the world as there is no gain for you from doing so, only a gain for others.

hey all

usd in chop over Asian session then seems to have pitched south.............nothing too convincing really as yet

N

Attachments

• usd chop.JPG
    usd chop.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 192
Hi N

Check out say 3 50 pm for exactly one he on your fx correlator on a 5 or 30 main frame

Suddenly dollar weakness and over 80 pip rises in total on the EU /GU /AU

Best hour of the afternoon session

Regards

F

hey F

on my indicators at that time the usd index had hit a 50% retrace off of the preceding bear run down from 6.30 am early london.........

it was quite a move and had taken out a few H/L's & L/L's so I was initially nervous of taking without more confirmation .which naturally came

then the usd dumped ........contributing big time to the usd pairings of the currencies that were going big bull

nice move ! (y)

N

of that

Hi NVP,

I've been a bit of a ghost follower for a while now and finally decided to post. I would private message but it's not giving me the option due to limited posts etc. so apologies for hijacking the thread.

no worries - please e-mail me at [email protected] for a chat if you want

I'll certainly try to post more often now across the forum as I've always had a passion for the science behind the financial markets. I did my MSc in Stochastic finance and financial mathematics and only just scratched the surface if I'm been honest, and am now on route to qualifying with the ACA at a big 4 firm. The auditing side is incredibly boring, I only enjoy the corporate side.

auditing ?....spare me .......join the club.........I went straight onto the shell international trading floors as a trainee accountant and never looked back .....

When not working, playing golf or with the fiance I'll either be trawling my way through this forum trying to consume as much knowledge as possible, or trying out different strategies.

good ...................research is all

I've been using tradefair with a demo account and a live account with minimal funds which I've been growing steadily. I much prefer the short term scalps, until I grow a bigger capital anyway. I find your correlator software brilliant and have been using it for a while now with good success.

if you can scalp successfully the only reason to ever step away is because of work commitments.......scalping is the fastest way to make money in this business.........and lose it though;) !

Do you choose all your scalps from your software solely, or do you need external factors as well to back up your software predictions?

I use bespoke indicators derived from my free FXCorrelator - externally I need the paircharts (naturally) and I follow the news.....mainly to avoid the big events .............how anyone claims they make consistent money trading events is beyond me (BBC documentaries or otherwise)

I won't ask for amounts, but do you aim for a % return daily, or monthly or just take a scalp as it comes? What is your % return since using your software?

I do ok scalping but would do a damn lot better if I focussed more and knuckled down.....mea culpa :LOL:............at the moment I am at home hunting for next contract role so I have had much more time than usual .........generally I will try to sit for 2-3 hours if I can but always being distracted sadly ..........when I am scalping I try to post here as it crystallises my decisions - helping me take them

Cheers
J.

PS: You appear to be very successful at this, I wondered why you decide to share all of your trades and software with the world as there is no gain for you from doing so, only a gain for others

thanks for that ............I do classify myself in the small % that make money ...........I share my trades to help me stay focused (as already mentioned).............not all of them though as sometimes all hell breaks loose and no time to trade and post .............

the Free FXcorrelator (and goldmeter and actually some other derivatives if you dig back through the thread over the years) was created by me back in the early 2000's and was a combination of other early strengthmeters made available by metatrader and some great traders using open MT4 software with no restrictions regarding copyright or intellectual property .........they were the ones to thank :cool:

in truth the FXCorrelator is merely a window to understanding the dynamics of the G8 market .........its not the holy grail

as they always say ................."its not just what tools you have.... its how you use them that really counts" !! :p

cheers :smart:
N

hey all

usd in chop over Asian session then seems to have pitched south.............nothing too convincing really as yet

N

well the usd is certainly spanking north now over last few hours and nearly back at early Asian session highs .........lets see it if breaches and extends or we get a decent retrace south again

nzd has borne the brunt of the sells .nearly 80 pips since London opening :eek:

N

i'm looking to short usd ...............brave and bold .............still not quite there as yet