Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

the hell ...........i'll leave on 9152 and see what happens ........i really need to scoot

later all

N

I just ran a correlation on EUR/USD & Gold for the past 12mths. The correlation is +0.12 - meaning very weak, to negligible correlation. Would you like to try again?
I like the way you're thinking and you're an order of magnitude above the chattering classes, but you've failed to grasp the point. The chap who makes money outta the correlation between usd and gold is not he chap who measures it, but the one who understands when it's majorly positive and when it's at the other end of the spectrum.

Correlations in markets used to be a subject in its own right (Murphy's Intermarket Technical Analysis used to be me bible), but now the focus is on the correlations between the correlations: It's an order of magnitude differentiated from the entry level BS on the subject which was introduced a decade or more back.

But me advice is to carry on the ay you're goin - you're on the right track.

In the Oxford dictionary, under the word “moron” is a picture of you and your family.

As i said in another thread why are you talking form your ah ?! a moron in his honey moon thats you DJ .

morning all

usd is flat..........i'm online for a while now and will make any scalp calls if they arise

N

Attachments

• usd flat.PNG
    usd flat.PNG
    29.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
ok again I see plenty of pips already on the table ..........so where to find the next move ?

usd was a nice buy.....its faded and I just need to see what its thinking ..........

we have bull gbp , euro and yen

aud is the main sell

I think usd will hild north but the gbp is turning over south......aud will come north .......damn

N

ok usd has fallen and we are now retesting its intent.........

hang fire

urrrrrrrrr.............gbp holds and euro folds ? .......c'mon gimme a break this morning guys

and stopped out................jees tough crowd this morning ............tough crowd