Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Cool.. Will looking on it, test how is working. It really scalping base on index. Exit might be not depend on trader. Thank you so much for explanation. Will study more about it. GREAT STUFF!!

Edited: Will be good if you can post some example too.

Last edited:
hey david ........I have made over 13,000 posts.....mainly this thread so plenty of examples around.....just go back and look through the thread .......

sure I will post somethimes when I can re other TF's :smart:

N

Last edited:
hey all

heres the week warming up...........the left chart shows the Dow now falling and a GBP holding the line ...............NZD is retracing fast on the lower levels so watch it !!

the right chart is a 1ma Weekly and the FXcorrelator does struggle at these low settings as it is basically feeding off of prevous bar values and this can cause some problems on low MA's

so it is not showing a clear picture of the week (yet) as GBP showing far to strong and NZD should be top dog.......

Such is life .........play off of the 20ma for now ........

N

Attachments

• new week action.JPG
    new week action.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 132
with the Dow retracing south I am closely watching the YEN........

that dude has been muchos bearish for a while now and needs an excude for people to buy it ..........this could be the time especially if dow now trips.....

you have been warned ...:smart:
N

Last edited:
with the Dow retracing south I am closely watching the YEN........

that dude has been muchos bearish for a while now and needs an excude for people to buy it ..........this could be the time especially if dow now trips.....

you have been warned ...:smart:
N

I said so ........the yen continues to go very nice today ....very nice (y)

heres an hourly on the 20ma (GMT-1)............but thats it ........I said I dont spend much time anymore here re lower TF's ......:smart:

N

Attachments

• hourlys.JPG
    hourlys.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Hi Neil,
I got saw you post quite numbers of example in this thread. I just can't understand why you will post together with X-men indicator.

I try to explain from what i'm understand. correct me if i'm wrong.
1. Watch for X-men to check which currency on the highest north, and check the one at lowest south.
2. Check on daily which currency are on highest north and lowest south.
3. Check on H1 with same condition.
4. Go to lower timeframe, maybe M15 to start trade.

Question:
1. I see the X-men going up and down, but it not have much movement. If most of currency are close to zero, still ok for us to start trade?
2. If daily showing up, H1 showing down. Should I choose the currency to trade?? Sell the currency?
3. in chart, we just entry without any indicator?

Sorry for so many question so far. Try to understand more on this great system. It can make me feel the currency movement. It tell me more than just plain candle.

I said so ........the yen continues to go very nice today ....very nice (y)

heres an hourly on the 20ma (GMT-1)............but thats it ........I said I dont spend much time anymore here re lower TF's ......:smart:

N

Good signal to buy JPY for following week?? US30 going down, buy more USD.:clap:

Hence USD will going up, and everyone start buying JPY too. am I right?? :cheesy:

My thought after study on your system. Correct me if I wrong. Thank you.

Hi Neil,
I got saw you post quite numbers of example in this thread. I just can't understand why you will post together with X-men indicator.

I try to explain from what i'm understand. correct me if i'm wrong.
1. Watch for X-men to check which currency on the highest north, and check the one at lowest south.
2. Check on daily which currency are on highest north and lowest south.
3. Check on H1 with same condition.
4. Go to lower timeframe, maybe M15 to start trade.

Question:
1. I see the X-men going up and down, but it not have much movement. If most of currency are close to zero, still ok for us to start trade?
2. If daily showing up, H1 showing down. Should I choose the currency to trade?? Sell the currency?
3. in chart, we just entry without any indicator?

Sorry for so many question so far. Try to understand more on this great system. It can make me feel the currency movement. It tell me more than just plain candle.

Hi David

I use the x-men 1 ma now here to show the weekly movement ........unfortunately it is a clumsy tool at low MA settings so perhaps it is not that responsible for me to use it this way

this week due to the dynamics of previuos periods the GBP is looking to high for what it is ..........the standard FXCorrelator has lagging issues like all MA based systems so I do apologise

I would recommend you perhaps stick to using just 2 indicators only and have a higher TF/MA strategic indicator to set the Trend and trade a lower TF/MA setting to be the trigger in on the lead currency

as discussed before this week ..............perhaps

4hr 20ma = trend/direction setting

for the lower trigger perhaps the slowest recommended would be a 1hr 20ma ........I would suggest you could accelerate that to a 1 hr 13ma (6x multiple) ......or even a 1hr 10ma (8x multiple)

to give you an example of ideas read captain currencies 3 ducks where he has the lowest trigger of a 5min 60ma below a 1hr 60ma (12x multiple)

N

Last edited:
Good signal to buy JPY for following week?? US30 going down, buy more USD.:clap:

Hence USD will going up, and everyone start buying JPY too. am I right?? :cheesy:

My thought after study on your system. Correct me if I wrong. Thank you.

historically we have seen that the Dow tends to move inversely to currencies like the Yen and USD..........

but nothing is for certain in forex .......

yesterday the yen was kind and came north ........if the NZD had not had such a run it would have been a much bigger move than seen

N

hey all

since the 1ma is playing up a little heres the daily 20ma and the 4hr 20ma to show a lower level

see how the NZD move north is more obvious on the lower TF ?

N

Attachments

• daily 20ma.JPG
    daily 20ma.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 130
  • 4 hour 20ma.JPG
    4 hour 20ma.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
.....the CAD and the NZD are way exceeding our 5 bar target .....

168868d1386145133-correlation-trading-basic-ideas-strategies-5-bars-all-you-need.jpg

hi again NVP,

Just managed to catch up on this great thread :)

Regarding the attached image above you posted on the recent #12072 post:

In the 5 bars (white) you show, I see no divergence between the NZD and CAD, in this i mean i see no wider gap forming between them, even tho NZD is above the zero, and CAD is below.

I actually see them converging; With the CAD becoming closer to the NZD (from the start of the white bar compared to the end of the white bar).

Could you clear this up for me, because the PA clearly shows NZD pummelling the CAD.

thx :)

168868d1386145133-correlation-trading-basic-ideas-strategies-5-bars-all-you-need.jpg

hi again NVP,

Just managed to catch up on this great thread :)

Regarding the attached image above you posted on the recent #12072 post:

In the 5 bars (white) you show, I see no divergence between the NZD and CAD, in this i mean i see no wider gap forming between them, even tho NZD is above the zero, and CAD is below.

I actually see them converging; With the CAD becoming closer to the NZD (from the start of the white bar compared to the end of the white bar).

Could you clear this up for me, because the PA clearly shows NZD pummelling the CAD.

thx :)

hey all

the position of the 5 white bars means nothing ........it is merely showing the width of 5 bars on this chart

apologies if it created confusion :cool:

get on a Currency trade if it breaches north or south of the Zero ....it if holds for 5 bars or more you are way in profit on a 20ma setting ..........if you are not...... then unfortunately you picked the wrong currency partner ...just bad luck and nothing can be done .....

I am watching some very foolish threads in T2W at the moment claiming some rediculous win ratios ......... but i'm not going there and staying out of any more arguments ......trading is about losing as well as winning........its part of the game and dont let anyone fool you otherwise

N

Last edited:

thx :)[/QUOTE]

hey dude

you need to perhaps spend some time on my other thread regarding basics of strengthmeters and practice with the E/U strenghtmeter comparing it to the E/U chart .......or use a MACD on a chart to appriciate what convergence can and cannot mean :smart:

like using a MACD ..........dont think that a converging line pummels anything ...........it can do ....and it will do on high MA settings .......but on most things 20ma and below it may be pretty neutral in the real movements going on .........remember its all about the MA settings and understanding 100000% what you are looking at .....

I use Currencies here (not pairs) so immediately people cannot see what is happening on a comparative chart ..that why If I ever teach again.... people will need "diplomas" in MA based trading and also MACD based trading first

then once I am happy people "get it" .........we move onto talking CURRENCIES ........:smart:

N

hey all

I had just typed an epic post and pressed delete ....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAhh

so heres the daily and the 4hour

I will dress this post up again later ......GRRRRRRR

N

buying EURO , CHF, even USD

Selling CAD and AUD

now tell me why :|

N

Attachments

• thursday 12th Dec.JPG
    thursday 12th Dec.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 5 bars 4hr 20ma.JPG
    5 bars 4hr 20ma.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 176
On the 15M and 1H charts selling buying Euro and Selling CAD looks like a wrong move does it not?

Also, is it not dodgy to buy or sell Euros a few hours before their monthly interest rates news?

Attachments

• del.jpg
    del.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited: