Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

mornin all

here we are ..........GBP in the driving seat north and the AUD getting slammed
(unlike the Cricket situation overnight !)

Dow should hit its 7th week of rises into the 16,000 level .......jees an easy bet it seems as the US continues to chase returns.......

N

Attachments

• 22nd nov week.JPG
    22nd nov week.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 157
in fact what a move in the last 3 weeks for GBPAUD........800 pips in November

and on the FXCORRELATOR daily 20ma (the left chart i always post).....you can see that the (gold) AUD was a pretty steady sell in november so far ..........mimimal chop makes it a superb partner in a pair trade

the (red) GBP has been strong....but its notorious and accepted volatility shows that it took 2 aggressive moves to win it pole position in November......

N

Attachments

• GBPAUD 800 pips.JPG
    GBPAUD 800 pips.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 144
  • fxcorrelator 20ma daily.JPG
    fxcorrelator 20ma daily.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
in fact what a move in the last 3 weeks for GBPAUD........800 pips in November

and on the FXCORRELATOR daily 20ma (the left chart i always post).....you can see that the (gold) AUD was a pretty steady sell in november so far ..........mimimal chop makes it a superb partner in a pair trade

the (red) GBP has been strong....but its notorious and accepted volatility shows that it took 2 aggressive moves to win it pole position in November......

N

Great call NVP. Given what is coming out of the RBA, AUD is looking at more weakness over the coming months so it is definitely a sell.

GBPAUD has broken 3 year highs. IFR markets talk of good demand for 1.8 option strikes in GBPAUD. So GBPAUD is looking like a great buy! Not just opinion this time, I got in at 1.74 :cool:

J

Great call NVP. Given what is coming out of the RBA, AUD is looking at more weakness over the coming months so it is definitely a sell.

GBPAUD has broken 3 year highs. IFR markets talk of good demand for 1.8 option strikes in GBPAUD. So GBPAUD is looking like a great buy! Not just opinion this time, I got in at 1.74 :cool:

J

you dog ! .......:cool:

hey all

As the Jedster says the G/A is a peach at the moment ...over 800 pips in November and 400+ in the Week.....see below (alough the CHF was a flyer this week as well)

If people notice I have stepped back a lot from calling lots of trades over the last few months as I havnt got the time ............

I comment on daily / weekly trends using strengthmeter analysis (20ma and a 1ma) and let people make their own calls.......its not that difficult once you are familiar with the settings you prefer and stick to solid trading plans :smart:

Trading can work .....but you have to have the correct tools, Training and experience to use them (what vocation, sport or profession doesnt need those things to be the best ?) :cool:

N

Attachments

• the weeks action.JPG
    the weeks action.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
hey all

mondays are slow for me re the daily/weekly charts .......

more tomorrow
N

morning all

here we are on the daily and weekly chart 20ma on daily and a 1ma xmen on the weekly

all I am looking for is momentum plays ......and preferably a curency on the right chart following the action on the left

so already I am watching the USD pairs for buys and the AUD pairs for sells ....lets see if they develop

N

Attachments

• week 25th november.JPG
    week 25th november.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 172
watching the lower TF markets ..........E/U is now screaming south,....

that USD rise is a peach still since earlier call

N

the key to trading is keep it simple .........I could show you 200+ versions of the FXCorrelator and its derivative brothers I have developed over the 11+ years of using them .........

but take a standard FREE FXCorrelator here from off the shelf ....pick an MA from 8-30 and then learn to trade it ..preferably off a higher TF ......

you wont go wrong following directional momentum plays after a lot of practice and getting MM squared and perfecting the Execution of entry's / exits straight in your head

see my beginners thread elsewhere at T2W .........I have described there all the ingredients including basic Exits and Entry ideas on strengthmeters ......

sure I do have some very smart stuff & Indicators I generally use more than the basics here...........but they are not that far off ........and still take practice to learn & use

N

Last edited:
jees those moves have been nice ......AUD and NZD were getting killed in the markets !

tighten up now though as they are retracing

N

Last edited:
jees those moves have been nice ......AUD and NZD were getting killed in the markets !

tighten up now though as they are retracing

N

Absolutely.
Today has very much been a case of

1) sell AUD or NZD
2) buy anything else
3) make money... (y)

Absolutely.

1) sell AUD or NZD
2) buy anything else
3) make money... (y)

yep............congrats on the trades today J ........I know you were on top form today in the markets (y)

N

great day yesterday in the markets

2 charts.........look at the directions / strength of the currencies

decide to either :-

enter any trades
exit any trades
or do nothing

thats it .........

N

Attachments

• wednesday.JPG
    wednesday.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 180
hey all .......

heres the picture this week.......Euro and GBP doing well as Yen primarily drives south

can you see the currencies and where they are on the charts for me to tell you this ......?

as i keep saying .....its not rocket science ! :smart:

GBP/JPY is entering the supertrade status (right chart)...

thats 1,000 pips in 4 weeks ..............1,000 pips everyone ......count them :)

ive been trading strengthmeters for over 11 years and it doesnt get easier than this months/weeks action .....:cool:

N

Attachments

• 1000 pips.JPG
    1000 pips.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Hi, i new to this system, someone can be my mentor to guide me to get this system up running?

Can you share me how you all get the signal to start your trading session? I do understand the first few step, then I missing at no where.

1. Open US30 with 20SMA on daily, FXCorrelator also setting at 20/1. Monitor if US30 is above 20SMA then check USD and JPY above or below zero, If US30 aboe 20SMA and USD/JPY below zero, then looking to sell USD and JPY. If US30 above 20SMA but USD or JPY above zero, then sell the one below zero. Choose one above zero to sell USD/JPY which below zero.
2. Open US30 with 20SMA on 1H. FXCorrelator also setting at 20/1. What should I doing here?? Should I monitor the pair which I choosing on daily?
3. Open US30 with 20SMA on M15, FXcorrelator also setting at 20/1. Same as No.2

hey all

i had early meetinmgs today in the office .......will get back to everyone later on

N

Hi, i new to this system, someone can be my mentor to guide me to get this system up running?

Can you share me how you all get the signal to start your trading session? I do understand the first few step, then I missing at no where.

1. Open US30 with 20SMA on daily, FXCorrelator also setting at 20/1. Monitor if US30 is above 20SMA then check USD and JPY above or below zero, If US30 aboe 20SMA and USD/JPY below zero, then looking to sell USD and JPY. If US30 above 20SMA but USD or JPY above zero, then sell the one below zero. Choose one above zero to sell USD/JPY which below zero.
2. Open US30 with 20SMA on 1H. FXCorrelator also setting at 20/1. What should I doing here?? Should I monitor the pair which I choosing on daily?
3. Open US30 with 20SMA on M15, FXcorrelator also setting at 20/1. Same as No.2

Hi David

thanks for this and the PM's..........ok as discussed go through the links in the signature area below for key data ...(y)

also read the whole thread if you can - you would be surprised how much variations and Ideas are buried in this long thread :smart:#

I am on youtube - go to the FXCorrelator channel

read the other new Basics thread I am running now ....http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/179468-forex-strengthmeters-basics.html

based on the muchos feedback and requests I get........... I will be running training next year so keep an eye out for this .......I just need to prepare and organise its structure ......

I will answer the questions here later

N

Last edited:
Hi Neil,
I had read thru some page (no all. As it got 1500 pages to read on). I would want to understand how the system actually work. I saw your example post each week, it do say some currency is weak while some other currency is strong, but I don't know which signal should I follow to start trade.

I had download the 3 arrow too, it did indicate that the G8 currency strength. That very useful for me to monitor the currency moving.

Can you show me some example, based on some signal, you will do the trade. I will try to study from each photo/video you try to do.

Thank

Random Question ?????

Hi Everybody,

Each time I try to send a PM - the system asks me a RANDOM question - (please tell us in one word what Trade2Win is about? ).

Any clue what is the answer ? Please help.

Thanks
Adil

Absolutely.

1) sell AUD or NZD
2) buy anything else
3) make money... (y)

Last edited: