Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey J

10 days was a long time without playing with the market so I was back and watching monday but naturally - yes there was a (foolish) hope I would see action.......nada !

I was also playing with ideas as usual so it wasnt a total wipeout ......

lets see what the week brings ........

j .....i'll catch up soon and we can compare recent notes and ideas .......

N

hey all

heres the week so far - with some comments

sorry to everyone I owe e-mails to ...........if you cant wait then repost your queries here please as I always do say that responses will be quicker on this forum from me and some of the excellent traders who frequent this thread ............(y)

N

Attachments

• the weeks action so far.jpg
    the weeks action so far.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 175
mornin all........

Heres yesterdays action .........YEN and USD were again in divorce mode as Dow faltered.....

under my pure rules of correlation (DOW/USD/YEN) and even using the naked rules of just USD and Yen moving together there were minimal signals ......on this TF anyway

see the signature area below for more details .......

Jees ...you mean trading is not a licence to print money .....?

I cant understand it .....the 10-15 junk mail messages I get each day say that their systems guarantee 100 pips a day profit ...........:eek:

wow am I doing stuff wrong then....:p

later
N

Attachments

• The system.jpg
    The system.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 143
Mornin all .......

Heres the 1Hr TF on a 500ma setting ........it reflects true price action and is relatively free of the usual MA "skew"

1) watch those S/R levels on the Dow for bounces or push throughs.....

2) I see that USD has had 2 bad days so it may get a reprieve into the weekend
(and the NZD as well if it matters to you )

I would love to tell you that my FXCorrelator default rules always work and that the markets are predictable (like all the junk mail vendors)........sorry but its not that simple guys :whistling

what I can guarantee is that the FXcorrelator (in whatever setting you use) will 100% accurately reflect the G8 market conditions and dynamics all the time .......

However the interpretation of those conditions to Identify profitable Trading opportunities is somewhat more complex and requires experience and focus.........

always happy to talk here to everyone watching ........we have some great traders here in the background and I am always happy to hear from them and work with them

have a great day ! :smart:
N

Attachments

• key things to watch.jpg
    key things to watch.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 151
yep

Dow breached south and we have had some really nice buys on USD and Yen .......

heres the 20ma showing the move

N

Attachments

• dow breaches south....jpg
    dow breaches south....jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 128
hey all

heres the 15m TF on a standard Corrie 20ma trying to play out the last hours of the week.....

well after the nice earlier move (dow south vs USD&YEN North) I see the Dow has rallied but only the Yen decided to drop south......

hmmmm thats a shame......especially if you follow the default rules .....:whistling

go on.......try some new ideas gang ......vary the MA , look for different combinations and dynamics ........theres hundreds of combos just waiting to be tried and discovered :cool:

have a great weekend gang ! :smart:

N

Attachments

• 15m tf.jpg
    15m tf.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 139
hey all

not much happened into yesterday night........

always here to help answer questions and talk about ideas

later this year I am hoping to get something going again re training or a course or at least resurrect a decent (functioning) website to allow more insight into what I do......

unfortunately i'm in Europe later this week then Boston for the week following so my Trading & Trading research and development goes on the backburner....

theres never enough time to do everything I want .......a familiar story for many of us i'm sure !

N

hey all......

For those of you not familiar with the basic default system below in the signature area heres the weeks action

I am ticking where the Dow, USD and YEN are in the alignment as I look for in this particular pattern on this default system........

about 6 signals ......to be held until either of the currencies in the pair you chose to trade falls back to cross the Zero ...........

OR if you want to get even safer EITHER the YEN or the USD crosses back to the ZERO (even if they are not in the pair trade you chose)

OR even more safer if the Dow crosses back across its 20ma line......regardless of what your trade is doing ........

There was a nice AUD sell late on Tuesday......
and a Nice AUD buy early hours Thursday.......
Grrrreat buys on the Europeans later on Thursday (once USD and Yen sorted themselves out !).....
and some nice Sells on the AUD,NZD and also Euro during Friday....

regarding those rules ......you'll never make consistent money being ultrasafe.........you have to speculate to accumulate...and please feel free to change and vary the rules and settings .....

and remember this little system was one of my earliest discoveries way back in the early 2000's ..........so be gentle on it and treat it like training on a beginners slope when skiing ......

I've managed to come a long long way since here ........but this is a great way for you guys to dip your toes in the water if you are interested in using forex Strengthmeters and correlation in your trading

have a great weekend and feel free to ask questions :smart:
N

Attachments

• week ending 31st may 2013.jpg
    week ending 31st may 2013.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 150
Hey to Forex Factory viewers....

if you have just "switched" across to look at this thread just take some time to browse here and I'm always happy to answer any questions on the free system in the signature area

N

mornin all..........

sorry - been tied up since early on other things .............will try to get online later

if theres anything interesting cooking i'm sure one of the gang will post it here........thanks !

later all
N

mornin all.......

chasing the 20ma system can be hard sometimes.........trying to get those 3 in a row is as frustrating as Hell !!!!

2 fleeting signals so far this week on the 1hr ......but disapointing in truth:whistling

(15m TF was hard work as well yesterday)

Remember dudes - this is my simple introductory system to using strengthmeters and correlation techniques in forex trading

I never say use this system forever .........just learn/understand it and play with the ideas until you are comfortable in moving forward to the next levels....(like in a supermario game :cool: )

later........busy this week........jees dont our bosses understand that we all have much better things to be doing like Trading ?? :rolleyes:

N

Attachments

• 2 signals on 20ma.jpg
    2 signals on 20ma.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 136
The certainty after the bad data on the Ism yesterday is that the market, contrary to all logic, will be happier if the economy will get worse. Chances f keeping the QE will increase, so the classical correlation (Strong dollar, weak economy) are skipped at the moment.

hey all

heres the last day or so .............big moves yesterday ..........not correlated to the DOW/USD/YEN system I show here.....but plenty pips if you are just seeking momentum moves on a favourite pairing

later
N

Attachments

• weeks action so far.jpg
    weeks action so far.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 152
mornin all........

heres the 1hr chart on the right with some signals regarding the system I offer here for free

as I always say my DOW/USD/YEN 20ma system is an introduction to using strengthmeters (my FXCorrelator) and then sprinkling a little inter-market correlation into it ........

in truth most of the time its like trying to get 3 kittens into a basket at the same time .....2 are always in but the other one then runs off........:rolleyes:

try it and see if it makes sence ...........then explore the potential patterns/settings yourself and make it better...........as I have done over the last several years........

I dont do bad these days overall..........my main issue is screen time dammit ........and the lack of it .......sigh.....:rolleyes:

later :smart:
N

Attachments

• the system this week so far.jpg
    the system this week so far.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 152
hey all

heres the week on the 1 hour ........

ticks show where the yen and USD got together on the same side ......i've ignore the Dow this time ....

leaner pickings than the past ?..........yes and no.......it is what it is gang ......its called trading the market ...........adapt or die.......:eek:

at least you can see what I am talking about using the FXCorrelator.......ask most traders what they think about individual currency correlation and they will look at you blankly .......they are still back in the stone age.....:cool:

Rule number 1 to be sucessful in any business (or vocation or sport) is to know your stuff and also get the best tools to do it .........

have a great day all.......:smart:
N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 155
hey all.........

Thank you again to those who contact me and request help/assistance .....including offering money for me to host and run trading rooms to improve their profitability

Unfortunately my time is pretty limited to posting here and fitting in trading around my own work schedules...........hey perhaps one day with more time I will get in the saddle again and do some training blah blah ..........it might be fun but would need to work for me as well

If some of you have personally dealt with me you will know i'm not short on the "chat" front......so that certainly wouldnt be an issue .....hahahahahhaha

anyway nothing much planned in the near future gang so sorry ..........keep posting here if you have any questions ..............yes Strengthmeters / correlation is a pretty deep subject and we dont dip here as deeply as you would all want .......but at least I offer tasters into this area and hopefully can start you on the path .........

later
N