Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

mornin all ......

heres the action on 15ms

yen got big overnight as Dow futures folded ....

later dudes ... :cool:
N

Attachments

• 15m tf.jpg
    15m tf.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
ok point them out( eg on a 15min ?/1hr? or whatever timed chart -- your entry/exit ------- you have a nice thread here but as pointed out before you cannot see some of lines against black background why not change background to another colour or (just kidding) go into selling binoculars

Hey Bp

I usually recommend people read the thread a little ...then read the Free stuff below when they load the FXcorrelator

unfortunately my Websites are down but I will be trying to get them back up at some point with more info again.....

I tell people to sell currencies that are below the Zero and buy those above...I sprinkle in a little intermarket correlation if people want it and always encourage people to experiment and find their own way of interpreting the signals

Heres an extra slide below attached to where people could start to think regarding how they detect signals using the indicator ....going as complicated or as simple as they want :smart:

so - looking at the charts below from Monthly down to 15m I see the GBP is below the Zero ....all charts all TF's......Sell it against a suitable currency(s) when it crossed the Zero south....and keep selling it every time it does it

Exits are up to individuals and I could write another 11,000 posts on that ....but theres some clues and ideas at my other thread here at T2W called exit strategies

hope this helps as you can see theres not just 1 sell on GBP at the moment
N

Attachments

• monthly.jpg
    monthly.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 132
  • weekly.jpg
    weekly.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 149
  • daily.jpg
    daily.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 4 hour TF.jpg
    4 hour TF.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 1hour.jpg
    1hour.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 134
  • 15m tf.jpg
    15m tf.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 133
  • FXCorrelator_7 ps.PNG
    FXCorrelator_7 ps.PNG
    944.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
hey Jedster.....dont bust a gut on our recent discussions.....

your trading comes first and we have all the time in the world on the other stuff...

respect !
N

the 7 p's ...........reloaded as requested

Attachments

• FXCorrelator_7 ps.PNG
    FXCorrelator_7 ps.PNG
    944.7 KB · Views: 154
mornin all........

I see we have a lot of viewers on line again here ....welcome to you all !

Please join up at T2W and ask me questions here or at [email protected] happy to have a chat about what I do here !

this is just a basic basic system here to get beginners into the swing ....its the tip of the iceberg and I truly believe that Strengthmeter analysis really does giver you an edge in Forex trading....where else can you see what 8 currencies are doing on just 1 chart ?

later
N

heres the week so far .......

left chart (4he 20/3)........Yen (Yellow) got truly clobbered in early March but is slooowly clawing back...only the red GBP was in the negatives as well....... most other currencies (aside from the neutral Grey swissie) took turns in moving north and being bought...

this week (right chart 1hr TF on a 20/1) so far.....Yen is the most volatile with moves both up and down so far ..........GBP has been weak .....Orange Aud has been a nice steady buy

hey see the dark grey backgrounds ?......let me know if this is better for viewing slides... .....

jees the things I do for my viewers (I still prefer black - hahahaha) :LOL:

later.....:smart:
N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 167
hey gang ........I'll leave you in peace for a while - might pop back in later if market picks up

please feel free to ask anything .......I wont bite ....(well it depends ...hahahaha)

N

neil I am hiding in my bunker (lol) your heart is in the right place about changing background --- but as you asked for feedback IMHO your dark grey on slides still looks unclear when it comes to viewing blue eur, by the way I applaud you for this excellent thread , my comments yesterday on background colour were just a suggestion to help new visitors better eyeball charts when visiting thread .

hey Bp ....dont worry about it ......the response was more about educating the viewers on the GBP situation than any intended retaliation

I'll vary the backgrounds along the way ..but in truth anyone can load the indicator and run their own show on a PC...after nearly 10 years the black kinda sticks with my own personal choice

N

mornin all.....

well well .........NZD dived south yesterday and then AUD goes ballistic through the western night.....what is going on ?

todays background colours are from the NVP spring collection.....for the 4hr left chart a simple motiff in blue/green.....whilst on the right 15m TF a more bold statement of charcol grey reflecting the drama of a winters evening....;)

sigh...:cool:
N

Attachments

• diversion downunder.jpg
    diversion downunder.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 187
"black is black .........I want my background back" :cool:

N

Attachments

• black is black.jpg
    black is black.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 176
mornin all.....

well well .........NZD dived south yesterday and then AUD goes ballistic through the western night.....what is going on ?

todays background colours are from the NVP spring collection.....for the 4hr left chart a simple motiff in blue/green.....whilst on the right 15m TF a more bold statement of charcol grey reflecting the drama of a winters evening....;)

N

Nice one, NVP!

mornin all.....

N

Nice one, NVP!

Yes! The EUSSRO, aka EURWOE, banished back to the outer darkness where it rightfully belongs and where it will end its miserable days unlamented by anyone except the banksters, the bureaurats of Brussels, and Bozo Barrosso and his gang of assorted fellow-travellers "on the take." Allegedly.

Ok. no more mention about background , because Mrs P has informed me that N has been wearing the same suit for last twenty years and does not like change

ok heres the week

Massive moves on GBP .....and USD got hit for a change ....all against the backdrop of the Dow rising continually......hmmmm

the 1hr chart attached shows where the Dow crossed its 20 sma through the week and you see what the Yen and USD were doing.....generally when they were correlating we saw nice trades against them both....other times the Yen (or USD)decided to play silly buggers ......such is trading

Today I am watching the GBP ........look at the last chart on a 500/1 setting - its had a great run this week since wednesday and I have to say it must come under pressure later today as traders tighten into the weekend

later all
N

Attachments

• the week 4hr 20ma delta 3.jpg
    the week 4hr 20ma delta 3.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 206
  • the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 155
  • go GBP.jpg
    go GBP.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 152
  • will GPB hold today.jpg
    will GPB hold today.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 196
hey all ....

yes I am aware my websites are still down .....sorry been tied up in a few projects so will get to it in time .....no rest for the wicked it seems !!

N

hey all

well GBP got the jitters yesterday as predicted by moi.......hey - its not rocket science !

Yen and USD are always fairly natural 2nd currencies to pair up with the balance of the G6 .......so a decent haul was possible through the day - see below

N

Attachments

• GBP falters ....jpg
    GBP falters ....jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 148