Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Good response. I do get what you're trying to do. Your instincts are good and close to what actually goes down in the money markets. You're one of the few taking the job seriously which is why I took the time to ask the questions I did. But like many hobbyist traders you're not committing and you're too short term. The individual currencies are correlated only in that at any given point in time one is stronger/weaker than another. You can get that from looking at the price alone. What you potentially have is a context within which to bias yourself. I bet all those times the pair you were trading that weren't behaving like your lines say they should you thought your system was at fault. It isn't. If you enabled your analysis for a longer period and then trade the regressions back toward what your lines are telling you, which is going to be when the price is as far out of whack with what you think it should be according to those lines, you'll see what I'm talking about. You also need to stick in some committed funds into the enterprise to get yourself to take it and yourself seriously, and also to get properly paid for your efforts. Hate to see talent wasted almost as much as I do so see it go unrewarded. Nothing wrong with flipping burgers or doing whatever day job you got wright now, but what you have is painfully close to printing your own money. Don't blow it.

hey all

Jedster ...thanks for the PM ...I will respond soon for a chinwag but tied up today

Thanks !
N

Thanks once more for the info, I have had a good look at the previous posts and will take note,
There was a good move captured as well as the 6 pip loss...!!!(y)

Onwards and upwards...!!
Cheers, Steve

Good response. I do get what you're trying to do. Your instincts are good and close to what actually goes down in the money markets. You're one of the few taking the job seriously which is why I took the time to ask the questions I did. But like many hobbyist traders you're not committing and you're too short term. The individual currencies are correlated only in that at any given point in time one is stronger/weaker than another. You can get that from looking at the price alone. What you potentially have is a context within which to bias yourself. I bet all those times the pair you were trading that weren't behaving like your lines say they should you thought your system was at fault. It isn't. If you enabled your analysis for a longer period and then trade the regressions back toward what your lines are telling you, which is going to be when the price is as far out of whack with what you think it should be according to those lines, you'll see what I'm talking about. You also need to stick in some committed funds into the enterprise to get yourself to take it and yourself seriously, and also to get properly paid for your efforts. Hate to see talent wasted almost as much as I do so see it go unrewarded. Nothing wrong with flipping burgers or doing whatever day job you got wright now, but what you have is painfully close to printing your own money. Don't blow it.

Thanks P....thats some interesting feedback.....and unexpected as I thought (naturally) that you were one of the many in the Trading world that are blinkered and just "dont get it" .....but I was wrong ;)

thanks for the (semi) votes of confidence in the core processes I follow here .....sure its not perfect but I know that ...my journey hasnt even started yet as in truth to make the real money I want it needs some serious serious overtime allocated by me and muchos collaboration with people far more streetsmart in programming and system engineering than I will ever hope to be...

but i'm working on that :smart:

N

hey all

overnights ...........pictures are worth a 1,000 words ...

later
N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 135
a little quiet today ............sorry i'm tied up in meetings until late tonight

mornin all......

heres some snaps of the week.....nice moves on Yen dominated the week

in the world of trading individual currencies the rule is simple ....never ignore the Gorilla in the room .....trade it trade it....and did I mention to trade it ? :p

and the gorilla this week was big and hairy and yellow.....(and it was the red GBP in the last 2 previous weeks)

do that and you will generally make money .....why ?

look at the first chart below .........the gorilla this week was the bullish Yen .....Buying it meant you made money against every other G7 currency ......som,e more than others ....but if you are on the Yen buy thats a good start ...right ?

right ? (y)

Gameplan today is trade what you see......if Dow retraces south i'd bank that GBP will take hits and Yen will make a few more bucks north before saturday dawns...ther last chart below is a 500ma and shows the main price moves of the week.....

good luck muchacho's :smart:
N

Attachments

• the week 4hr.jpg
    the week 4hr.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 129
  • the week 1 hr.jpg
    the week 1 hr.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 130
  • the week x men on a 1ma.jpg
    the week x men on a 1ma.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 139
  • gameplan.jpg
    gameplan.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
tied u0p today but may be able to get the 2 hour window up and running to let people view my basic Indicator in action .....perhaps 2pm GMT onwards to watch the Dow opening

later
N

jedster ............that 500ma is an important chart for what I do ......we'll talk more soon dude

N

Basic Ideas and Strategies without any entry in time !

where to find your calls in time ?

hmmm

the NZD is picking up far to much action for london time now.....shows that not much buying interest elsewhere ......

Now thats interesting ....:sneaky:
N

Attachments

• 15ms.jpg
    15ms.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 133
Re: Basic Ideas and Strategies without any entry in time !

where to find your calls in time ?

i'm sometimes on flashes live call Thread..and sometimes I will try to call here on my thread live ......

in truth if i'm not tied up with work and have time to trade ....I will be trading and not calling live .......if youve tried to do it you will know how difficult it is to focus on everything if you are on the low TF's :cool:

N

i'm sometimes on flashes live call Thread..and sometimes I will try to call here on my thread live ......

in truth if i'm not tied up with work and have time to trade ....I will be trading and not calling live .......if youve tried to do it you will know how difficult it is to focus on everything if you are on the low TF's :cool:

N

Agreed, when you are trading, you should be doing nothing else - something I am very bad at, always watching or doing 8 things at once! Causes all sorts of mistakes. You'd think I would have learnt my lesson. In fact, I shouldn't be reading/writing this either...!

Agreed, when you are trading, you should be doing nothing else - something I am very bad at, always watching or doing 8 things at once! Causes all sorts of mistakes. You'd think I would have learnt my lesson. In fact, I shouldn't be reading/writing this either...!

nope..hopefully selling the GBP ? :cool:

N

ooh boy

I was looking for the GBP to falter today (see earlier post)....and clearly bad news travels fast

later
N

"if youve tried to do it" I do it wo any problem

if you are not deciding immediately you are lost
EURUSD FDAX OIL LONG
as you can see, my decision on 3 contracts takes 2 seconds
uploading the graph via proxy takes 1min
all contracts in time takes another min via proxy

Attachments

• ALL in time KTXP_MAR130145.gif
    ALL in time KTXP_MAR130145.gif
    51.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Re: "if youve tried to do it" I do it wo any problem

if you are not deciding immediately you are lost
EURUSD FDAX OIL LONG
as you can see, my decision on 3 contracts takes 2 seconds
uploading the graph via proxy takes 1min
all contracts in time takes another min via proxy

so.....are you selling us something here P ?...i'm not sure :cool:

hey all

real messy today since the GBP selloff.......a little selling on the euro after GBP tanked ....since then the USD wont come south ...thats a shame

later
N

Attachments

• messy today.jpg
    messy today.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 119