Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

and if you are More of a 1hr and 4hr trader then use the DAILY TF on same principle....

the 20ma is good because it generally represents a rolling month of data

heres the Daily .....look at the Yens strength over the last few days and how you would now not buy against it on anything !

N

Attachments

• daily 20ma positions.jpg
    daily 20ma positions.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 137
mornin everyone - I see a lot of people online (y)

anything you want to ask here just drop a line now ....I am around for a couple of hours

I am also trying to find time this morning to do another video for my FXCorrelator youtube channel that I have been neglecting recently :innocent:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FXCORRELATOR

if you want me to talk about something in particular on the video let me know here in the next hour or so........ ;)

N:smart:

on the video later today.....

who I am and where to find me
Reprisal of my FXcorrelator 20ma default system
Quick look at Gold and Exotics
Quick look at my Q4 strength Poll here at T2W and why Yen will win it easily (?!)
Quick look at last week

all in 15mins ?......hmmm

N

Hey Brad

i'm a 1 setting on all the stuff I talk about here..........if you find it a little to fast and jerky drop to 2 or 3 perhaps .....but remember it will be slower in entries as well as exits

N

actually a 20ma on a 3 Delta for getting the overall Structure/bias/Feel of a market on daily and 4hr TF (and to support lower TF trading directions) is a pretty nice setting on reflection .........as the 1 can be jerky at times ...

Thanks Brad !
N

hey brad....I would suggest you read my signature area stuff and perhaps browse the thread a bit ....lower TF entries are based on the rules shown below in my documentation

thanks
N

ok the video is loading and should be a youtube later today

Jees I hate camstudio.......I have been faffing for 2 hours on something that was just 15 mins ....and then it crashed and I got 6 mins of flashing lights at the end of the video .....doh !

No danger of me being the next Scorsazi, George Lucas or Tim Burton then...

ok late for about 4 things now today and in trouble with the family

have a good weekend !!
N

mornin all..........

sorry - car trouble on way to the office ......

anyway heres the 4hr and 1hr charts - normal setting........

I need a little action before starting to make some bias calls .....early monday hours on the 1hr TF saw the Dow trickle north above the 20ma and we got a nice AUD buy signal.......

but in truth need some more ants in the pants of the Dow before I get busy

later
N

Attachments

• week opens up.jpg
    week opens up.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 140
please drop charts in if you guys ever get a chance..........

its a good discipine as well because Posting sure makes you think twice about what you are doing ....

take it from someone with over 10,000 posts now ............it helps !

N

Remember in my Video and the recent posts about checking the Bias !

heres my H4 on a 20ma delta 3 setting

if you are not into all the fuss regarding the Dow and even the FXcorrelator signals .at least use this to steer your trades on 15m and 1hr TF's (scalps are a different matter)

only the AUD is above the USD (excluding the Yen)......so only buy AUDUSD if your lower TF systems tell you

the rest of the Crowd are still in sell mode.....so hunt for sell signals on these guys (lower TF's)..........well until they get above the USD on the 4hr chart attached !

N

Attachments

• current Bias.jpg
    current Bias.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
hey all

well the dow was as flat as a pancake today ..........so signals were light

the GBP was very weak today as well so it was skewing the USD and Yen northa little to much to help things .......

so overall using correaltion principles today was frustrating and pretty tradeless.....but not trading is better than losing trades !

1 final burst in last hour or so got Dow short and a nice fast E/U and G/U sell (See below).....and notice thats in line with the 4Hr signal (on a 20/3) telling us to only trade Sells for GBP and EUR as theyre both below the USD on that chart

ok ?
N

Attachments

• weak GBP spoils correlation.jpg
    weak GBP spoils correlation.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 137
sorry all....havnt got to my screens yet as busy at work.........will get there later on this afternoon .....and perhaps some trading calls as well !

N