Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

sorry I have no charts to share at present ...........both PC's with the doctor and being picked up again next week......

NVP

hey all

2 x PC's still sick but i've found a spare one for 2 mins ......

N

ok 1 more chart............then i'm outta here......

If I was using PURE price action strategies* and unrelated to my Correlation principles my path would be very clear at this moment regarding USD

there is a very pure price band below currently showing as resistance for the usd (was support)

until that gets truely hammered on retrace and breached north .....this is a definate sell scenario on USD.....

so another view .......and yes again you can use price action principles using this indicator ..in my view even more effectively than trading paircharts

but then i am a Strengthmeter Junky :p

N

* using Lance Beggs excellent PAT training manuals

hey all

heres an update on above ...........

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1199.html#post1953610

see how the USD held the resistance line I have set....it bounced and fell ?

thank god Ben stepped in to save my prediction and set the USD on a possible bearish path for a while ......that yen will get slammed south soon if the Japanese intervene as well......

keep the faith........at least until those lines get breached....

N

Attachments

• usd holds resistance line.png
    usd holds resistance line.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
and discussing the last 2 days of lost trading to me (pc problems :()

if I just traded the 1 hour (ignoring higher TF's....bias) I would have traded the trends as shown below

usd and yen up......and then the higher TF biased sells on these guys on friday ........

NICE :smart:(y)

N

Attachments

• 1 hours.png
    1 hours.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 226
sure my rules are perhaps oversimple regarding the indicator and PDF available below in the signature area..........but my objective is to give you a free indicator introducing Strengthmeters and also the concept of currency correlation to Equities.....

try it ....see if the ideas give you more ideas..and ask questions here......

Rome wasnt built in a day and neither is becoming good at this style of trading ......

Question ............isnt it better to base trading decisions around the directions, patterns and signals from INDIVIDUAL currencies ..............or continue to stay with the historically accepted and 99.9% followed rule of using PAIRCHARTS ?

a pairchart is 2 currencies mixed together ......is that really good for understanding true currency movements and profitable signals ?

if you continue to do the same things you will continue to get the same results........

so.........c'mon try the dark side .......I wont bite !

N

Last edited:
hey all
2 x PC's still sick but i've found a spare one for 2 mins ......
sick with which communicable disease?
that's terrible. I go berserk when my trading PC is sick.
i get sick when I do not see my charts in front of me. :LOL:

i hope it gets repaired soon.

sick with which communicable disease?
that's terrible. I go berserk when my trading PC is sick.
i get sick when I do not see my charts in front of me. :LOL:

i hope it gets repaired soon.

I will have trading screens up again later tonight............finally (y)

all systems back in action...........

heres the Daily .............the 20ma settings are currently not pure signals aligned as the usd is not above the Zero ......but you can see that the general bias meant we were certainly watching lower TF signals for buying the yen and usd .....and naturally those NZD and AUD shorts.....see them on the lower Deck ?

and heres the 1 hours signals on the default 20ma...........which is contrasting / testing the resolve of that Daily signal........

but thats life......trading is all about conflicting signals and messages ......and always will be ......

good to be back in the game
NVP

Attachments

• daily trend.jpg
    daily trend.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 313
  • 1 hours.jpg
    1 hours.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 306
just a reminder again ...........the indicator below is my Default setting of 20ma

I have been using the 20ma since the start of this thread in 2009 and long before that .....its a good all rounder and will get you in the groove and the mood to then experiment more with this approach / system

I always revert back to this if I am over-complicating my many many alternative systems

there is no Holy grail !
NVP

firing up my goldmeters again as well......

Gold has been a buy on my charts since 20/8/12 and is still well above all the other G8 currencies in pure relative terms ........its been a nice $90 dollar (big whip though) net move.........leaving it at 1690ish priced in USD

beware beware .....Q4 may be the time that Gold really makes its move through the roof.....its normal enemy (ie the currency that normally deprives it of extreme moves) is AUD and that pup is long long south currently

sorry I dont teach my gold trading systems here ........but if you read enough of what I have said over the years (treating it as a pure currency) .... its not rocket science or complicated ..........same as most good systems !

NVP

hey all

we ll heres the latest action ...........Daily Dow is showing 3 out of 4 bars are bullish ...although still under the 20ma with the yen and usd (predictably) below the zero line on the FXcorrelator indicator 20ma setting.....

1 hour is naturally reflecting continued yen and usd sells........

thats where the money is at this moment :smart:

N

Attachments

• USD and Yen Bear pressure.jpg
    USD and Yen Bear pressure.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 161
hey all

heres an update on above ...........

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1199.html#post1953610

see how the USD held the resistance line I have set....it bounced and fell ?

thank god Ben stepped in to save my prediction and set the USD on a possible bearish path for a while ......that yen will get slammed south soon if the Japanese intervene as well......

keep the faith........at least until those lines get breached....

N

Remember above ?

Well the USD did breach those Resistance Bands recently but it never held north.....as the Dow is rising again.........so game on until further notice selling USD still !

N

Attachments

• latest USD price action.jpg
    latest USD price action.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 130
hmmm

Dow coming under a little pressure on the 15m TF

AUD is bailing south ........USD wont follow Yen North at the moment .....

U/J sell looking promising but may retrace soon

if USD finally succumbs to rising...... A/U sell seems the pick of the crop

N

hmmmm

no-one loving USD at the moment ......AUD and CAD are the Dog sells

Attachments

• 15m TF .jpg
    15m TF .jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 135
dow breaches 13,000 on futures and USd returning north......

said so...

N

hard work .............and that GBP spike north didnt help matters

Until I see a Dow retrace North i'd be hunting USD buys ......

gotta scoot ...........good Trading

N

hey all.....

You know I am a big fan of Andy (captain currency) and his 3 ducks here at T2W !

heres the FXCorrelator on a 4H TF and the 60ma which is Andy's highest TF "duck"

I've also added the Dow on a 60ma to flavour it with a little correlation (Note thats not in andy's core system)

so what do we see ?

Well Andy's system would advocate the pecking order as seen on the lower Chart with

AUD (orange) as a sell signal / duck against everything
GBP (red) as a buy signal against everything else

and all others fitted inbetween

USD's position shows us looking for buys on the Europeans (vs USD) and Sells on the Aussies (against USD)..........all needing confirmation on the lower 1hr and 5min TF's (read Caps thread here for rules)

so what else can I add ?

Well that Dow is seriously a sell against the 60ma isnt it.........?

so in my book I would have been very focused on SELLING anything against the USD (and Yen) if I could .....AUD and NZD fitting the model.......

but thats just me .......read Caps thread for his unique approach ..........its a great system for beginners, intermediates and advanced traders.......... ...

BIG respect !
N

Attachments

• 3 ducks 60ma system.jpg
    3 ducks 60ma system.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 138