Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

jees this is a pipfest ...........even on my conservative 80/20 settings which is designed to be a solid / plodding approach to using the FXcorrelator ;)

superb........(y)(y)

N

Attachments

• pip fest.jpg
    pip fest.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 178
wowwww a winning day so many pipes with correlator very strong show eur/nzd give us 200 pipes??then gbp/chf 50 pipes then still going ???????????????????????????? wowwww glad even the market has a yo yo the correlator give us such good indication well down again MR NVP

the volatility is off the charts.................dont even think about playing any overbought/sold plays until the it all gets a little more stable

N

Attachments

• 1 hour template.jpg
    1 hour template.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 199
wowwww a winning day so many pipes with correlator very strong show eur/nzd give us 200 pipes??then gbp/chf 50 pipes then still going ???????????????????????????? wowwww glad even the market has a yo yo the correlator give us such good indication well down again MR NVP

B - you will be a millionaire before friday - I guarantee it (y)

but EUR/NZD ?.....jees you play hardball

N

Last edited:
umm - just a guess

I think that the Swissie is going to win the august best performer award.....:cool:

I tend to poopoo trading gold.......

ok gold is hammering the Swissie now on performance :innocent:

but its the "Perfect Storm" conditions for gold so not surprising.......

beware if the usd starts coming back into play off of any good news

N

Attachments

• goldmeter.jpg
    goldmeter.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 143
N,

Do you use any whipsaw protection?

sg65p4.png

Hi W

are those signals both being confirmed alongside an 80/20 dow signal ?

if so then I have no further protection .....this system is already designed to be relatively slow to react to moves in the market so you will only be collecting tail pips anyway

if you want a little more comfort dont use the Zero line to enter.... add some additional lines above / below the 80 and the 20 and only trade on those beign crossed

the more we filter the more we miss a true move though :smart:

See below
N

Attachments

• whipsaw lines.jpg
    whipsaw lines.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
choppy morning.......

in this current environment you are seeing all currencies incredibly volatile regardless of time zones

also - The commdolls have certainly been much more popular as better pairtrades against the usd/Yen and CHf to the euro and GBP who seem to have taken more of a step back in the last few days

therefore my traditional approach to trading mainly GBP and Euro during the London Session is diluted as we are losing out on a lot of pips that are going to the Aussie Commdolls who should be asleep ! :whistling

in this enviroment - basket trading (or at least consider trading a representative from the Aussie commdolls) is more recommended

or just be patient on the Euro and the GBP

N

Attachments

• tough morning.jpg
    tough morning.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
choppy morning.......

in this current environment you are seeing all currencies incredibly volatile regardless of time zones

also - The commdolls have certainly been much more popular as better pairtrades against the usd/Yen and CHf to the euro and GBP who seem to have taken more of a step back in the last few days

therefore my traditional approach to trading mainly GBP and Euro during the London Session is diluted as we are losing out on a lot of pips that are going to the Aussie Commdolls who should be asleep ! :whistling

in this enviroment - basket trading (or at least consider trading a representative from the Aussie commdolls) is more recommended

or just be patient on the Euro and the GBP

N

well hes not too bad a still generated up too 50 pips a day with the correlator sure hes very volatile you had too watch it very closely/

overnights

predictable stuff (y)

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 114
sorry i'm not around much......I lived in croydon for 10 years and have been back supporting my remaining family there in the last few days

N

Are they alright? Were they affected by the riots?

they are fine....they are just outside croydon but I wanted to be there as the local residents did have an informal action Group ready to go out and sort any trouble

interesting couple of nights :eek:
N

wow !!

1000 pages here on this thread ....so more than war and peace
and just as boring ! ;)

N

i'm a little distracted at present playing with EA's courtesy of GG53.....

i'm like a kid with a new toy and just as obnoxious........(Sorry G)

N

What? War and Peace boring? You philistine vigilante. I dream of War and Peace and idle my time away wondering what colour the Ruble should have in the Correlator.

What? War and Peace boring? You philistine vigilante. I dream of War and Peace and idle my time away wondering what colour the Ruble should have in the Correlator.

War and Peace is a classic ............I was just a little lost with the names

get Brad and angelina signed for the film and i'm first in the queue :innocent:

(loved Woody's "love and death" though (y))

the training stuff with the us style Marine sargeant is a classic !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nttb9J_AF3c&feature=related

Last edited: