Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ive lost my remote feed ......no charts from me now today

boo hooo

N

and Eurozone goes to 1.25% from 1%

2 from 2.............although it wasnt rocket science !

Hi Neil, can you help me ,please?
I came across this thread about 10 days ago and it seems pretty brilliant to me. But.....I don't really understand how it works. I've read and re-read the first 15 or so pages and there are one or two things I don't twig.

Firstly, what is the method used to isolate each currency, i.e. how do you manage to create what must surely be an approximate dollar index (the "official" calculation is pretty horrible), sterling index, euro index etc,etc?

Secondly,I take it the 200MA (or any other MA) is the SMA of the currency "index"

Third and last,Is the delta the arithmetical difference between the higher (say 200) MA and the lower (say 13) MA?

Sorry about these daft questions but I really would like to get the fundamentals in to my fuzzy head, and maybe the answers exist already in some bygone reply

Thanks a lot, in advance, for your help

I came across this thread about 10 days ago and it seems pretty brilliant to me. But.....I don't really understand how it works. I've read and re-read the first 15 or so pages and there are one or two things I don't twig.

Firstly, what is the method used to isolate each currency, i.e. how do you manage to create what must surely be an approximate dollar index (the "official" calculation is pretty horrible), sterling index, euro index etc,etc?

Secondly,I take it the 200MA (or any other MA) is the SMA of the currency "index"

Third and last,Is the delta the arithmetical difference between the higher (say 200) MA and the lower (say 13) MA?

Sorry about these daft questions but I really would like to get the fundamentals in to my fuzzy head, and maybe the answers exist already in some bygone reply

Hi C

"Cactrader" .................excellent callsign (y)

look at the stuff below in the signature area........then see if anything is alittle clearer

I can come back on anythign if needed (probably at the weekend now) so let me know

we merely reflect true market movements.......so in fact it can be
nothing but brilliant ! :p

N

Hello Cac,
My advice,over a weekend read page by page and you will see materia.Once when you read you will know that all other is pure pratice,every system can be positive if is trader positive person and non gready.Knowledge is most important thing,you must know minimum basics from price action gto read every system.Colleration indi can help you to tell you where you have poisible setups and than you decide what you want to trade , i mean wich pair...:smart:

Cheers
Petar

I agree 100% with Petar who runs some excellent threads over at FF :smart:

I have presented the the real basics of strengthmeter tradinghere on this thead and spiced it with a little correlation to Equities and also some simple MA combination signals to get you started

thats your starter pack everyone - and if you watch my videos and read my updates here with the charts you will see how steady eddie the system is even in this basic format ...

then practice, practice, practice, and experiment with the currency dynamics on whatever timeframes, ma settings and currency team combinations you like :smart:

I have been playing now seriously for probably 3 years 100% on strengthmeters and I see something new every day

see my next post......you could go back easily a year probably on this thread and see the same kind of comments and observations from me on this particular setting and hopefully see the same profitable trading opportunites (y)

I am lucky enough to have some great programmers working with me and yes I have much more sophisticated corrie systems than the Free ideas offered here.......but look through the thread and you will see that even at this entry level the system still delivers consisently.....and its Free !

Everyone enjoy and please please contribute to this thread that is now one of the most successful ever at T2W :)..................160,000 views and rising (Cap we are after you )

Neil

As I said above .................THE FXCORRELATOR DELIVERS

(and we are only scraping the surface here of what she can do.....:rolleyes:)

later
N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 174
Hey all

sorry but i'm in all day meetings till late and no access to screens

amuse yourselves :p
N

if you are a Mt4 expert just unpick the Programming on my indicator
and it will reveal all - it basically sets up a MA value comparison of every currency vs USD (positve/negative as well) and then we add the dollar into the mix based on its overall value Vs the G7

its actually on some weighted thing so not exactly SMA , but close enough

the MA is the key here.....whatever you set it at are the values you see will be based around all G8 currencies and their relative value to one another based onthat MA

so like in normal charts if you set a low MA (Like 10) the chart will show rapid and repeated crossovers as thecurrencies continually cross their 10ma's......set it higher and you get more elongated moevments and less frantic above below the Zero.

100% correct - 10/10 !

The Delta setting is very misunderstood and I dont labour it here on the thread as its not worth the effort so its always defaulted to 1 on my charts

think of the Delta as a Second Ma you can put on the charts.......so a 20/1 setting is following all currencies values on their 1ma verses their 20ma..in effect the "real price"..........now set that to 20/3 delta and you are measuring the 20ma minus the 3ma....which will sllooooow down the jerkiness of the lines and give smoother signals

I use them a lot in my private advanced stuff but not here

no problem - most people who follow may not have realised this all anyway (y)

Hey C - see my comments in Red above

N

NVPI still think JPY can go down next week easyly and GBP also,still in good projetion we will see...:smart:

Cheers

Petar

and yes i'm sure the Corrie would be even more sucessful using the more standardised Ma combinations to signal trades such as

Ma first number / Delta = second number

200/50
50/20
55/21
21/13
13/8
8/5
5/3

the list is endless........

hey try it everyone ...experiment ! :smart:

N

ok back into meetings...............perhaps a comment later but no charts today

N

Hi all

finally escaping the office after a long week.........i'll post over the weekend

N

Hey N,

I´ve just realized, that broker where I test fx corrie doesn´t have all 28 pairs (NZD/CAD is missing).. jees :eek:, so my results were a little bit distorted... my fault :whistling ... Now I´ve opened new demo account (insta trader) and everything seems to be ok.

it should be warning for all new fx corrie users :)

c ya, K

Last edited: