Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hi Guys

Firstly, I want to say thankyou so much for this great indicator NVP, its so amazing!! and the work and support you've given us is waaaay to kind.

I'm new to this indicator and I was looking at this site: http://www . myfxwealth.com/

would it be possible or easy to add oil/silver / copper and maybe the indexes as well?

Do you think this would help you even more in trading?

Sorry, my exp of coding is nothing.

Hope its ok?

thankyou all esp NVP

hey newt - welcome (y)

sure - anyone can open my simple coding up and play with new markets as they want.....thats how i created the FXCorrelator..... by tweaking and refining other free software in the trading cosmos and then hundreds of hours of watching correlation/behavioural trens between the G8 currencies and other markets (mainly US quity market) :smart:

I just will never let anyone use my name or the FXCorrelator name on their creations as its my trademark and reputation.....and thats important to me

also as you will realise theres no holy grail and why the FXcorrelator and many other indicators out there are deffinately nice to have in the mix.....

but ultimately success comes from experience and good money management (y)

feel free to play and let me know if anything is interesting..........

N

Hi Guys

Firstly, I want to say thankyou so much for this great indicator NVP, its so amazing!! and the work and support you've given us is waaaay to kind.

I'm new to this indicator and I was looking at this site: http://www . myfxwealth.com/

would it be possible or easy to add oil/silver / copper and maybe the indexes as well?

Do you think this would help you even more in trading?

Sorry, my exp of coding is nothing.

Hope its ok?

thankyou all esp NVP

re website above

had a quick look...........the dude is utilising market correlation (forex/equities) alongside an envelope based ma system (I like envelopes myself)

i've seen a lot worse out there charging more money......so good luck to him :smart:

N

anyone still using the corrie on a 20ma setting ?

heres the H4 delivering well teamed up with some common sense correlation on risk/equity charts

and its all free.....just go to the links below...... :smart:

N

Attachments

• h4 corie.jpg
    h4 corie.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 235
15m 20ma's not bad either..........:smart:

N

Attachments

• 15m 20ma.jpg
    15m 20ma.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 298
Hi there

Im new to all this programming, but I wanted to add GOLD (to FXCORRELATOR_NVP_TILL_SCALPER.mq4), does anyone know why I get errors here:

if ( ShowGOLD )
Idx8 = GOLD;

View attachment FXC.txt.txt

I'm pretty sure I've done everything right?
Would appreciate some help

thankyou

Hi there

Im new to all this programming, but I wanted to add GOLD (to FXCORRELATOR_NVP_TILL_SCALPER.mq4), does anyone know why I get errors here:

if ( ShowGOLD )
Idx8 = GOLD;

View attachment 91926

thankyou

hey newt

I would recommend spending some time training on Metatrader re programming then come back to this

i'm Cr*p at programming but even I can see you are so far off with this approach you are dancing in the dark

the training will help in the future (y)
N

Hi there

if ( ShowGOLD )
Idx8 = GOLD;

View attachment 91926

thankyou

hint.....the corrie wont take 9 lines showing...max is 8

N

Hi all

jees......... markets are flying around and money to be made everywhere.....(y)

back next week from holiday...............c'mon some one post some corrie charts ......:smart:

N

This is my 1st post regarding "how to use" the indicator, I hope I'm using right?

This is on a 1min chart, both USD/JPY are above the 0 line and the Euro is down, I looked at where they crossed, don't know if you can use this system like this?

N1.GIF

This is on a 5min chart, both USD/JPY are above the 0 line and the Euro is way down

N2.GIF

On a 15min chart, there is no confirmation, so I'm stuck here, should I have taken this short?

N3.GIF

Last edited:
hey newt24

good start.........my systems in links below are all pretty robust so why not start with them ?
my advice is stay clear of the 5mins and especially the 1 mins :eek:

try this..........set the fxcorrelator on a 20ma delta 1 (I call this the scalper setting)

have one chart on a 1hr setting and 1 chart on a 15m setting

trade any currency that is above (or below) on both against best opposite currency at that time

start here and experiment.theres no perfect settng or combination :smart:

heres that picture right now below... a few bucks buying euro and gbp selling the yen and usd mainly today

having been playing with this stuff for a long long time now I do have systems that I like (never published here - sorry :rolleyes: ) and I may market them one day for anyone interested*** but only when I am ready....meanwhile the fxcorrelator is available free here with infinite combinations and variables to be experiented with.....go and do it !!! :smart:

****like Captain Currency offers additional data and information at reasonable prices to support his free 3 ducks system

N

Attachments

• double corrie on a 20ma.jpg
    double corrie on a 20ma.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 147
"I may market them one day for anyone interested***" - Count me in NVP when you do this, I love this system just need a lot of guts looking at the 15min chart.

So are you saying I should be trading off the 15min chart?

Thanks NVP, have a great weekend, just hope its nice and sunny in UK!!

"I may market them one day for anyone interested***" - Count me in NVP when you do this, I love this system just need a lot of guts looking at the 15min chart.

So are you saying I should be trading off the 15min chart?

Thanks NVP, have a great weekend, just hope its nice and sunny in UK!!

hey newt24

trade off what you want to but remember scalping the 1 and 5min charts is a very fast and discipined game

the 15m and above are considered more steady TFs (but boring of course :smart:)

N

hey all

back in the uk today.........7 degrees overnight and raining in west sussex now

great
N

right stand by your beds ............I am going to start calling trades
shortly here to see if a system I have developed is any good

if it is ok then we will see what else we can do with it

whats that ?......is it based around my FXCorrelator and 2 years of research therein ?

nope - its based on my pet hedgehog picking numbers from a hat :rolleyes:

N

hi all

just looking at the last 2 weeks while i've been off......jees its correlation 101

when equities rise you sell the Tag team

and buy anything kicking butt upwards....

that'l be the Euro then and a very steady eddie AUSSIE D :smart:

nice action since 10th sept (see below)

N

ok heres a couple more observations if anyones interested :-

the swissie has a split personaity at present.....it wants to still fall as equities rise (risk play with the tag team), but that dude is also a previous member of the Eurozone tribe so its loyalties are split......very difficult to call it

Yen and usd are slowing down re this equity rally .......see how LL's are not really coming now ?
a little retrace on the US30 and those dudes will lurch upwards - especially Yen if the Japanese bank leaves it alone....those guys will have been pleased with the recent demise of the Yen but its not giving any further ground to the dollar now

watch gbp......its foreign Euro buddy is grabbing the headlines and its not happy with that......great progress recently and may continue

N

Attachments

• corrie 101.jpg
    corrie 101.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
hey all

a request for some programming help to enhance the FXcorrelator :smart:

I want to put a simple set of 8 up or down Arrows on the chart - 1 per currency in the colour of that Currency (eg red is GBP etc etc)

preferably at the top left of the Chart replacing those values you always see

not rocket science - if the Currency line is below Zero then point the arrow down...if its currently above zero then point the arrow up......... :smart:

I am rubbish at programming so if anyone can help then I would appreciate it and will naturally offer a reciprocal discount/Freebee on anything I do release in future re my systems

thks (y)
N

I will attach the indicator here later although versions are below

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Hi NVP

I don’t know much about the FXCorrelator but skimming through the thread intrigued me. I have a general question for you: what makes you believe that correlation keeps working on future data? Is there anything special about the FXCorrelator?
I have spent a fair amount of time trying to figure it out (Pearson’s and other related methods) but can’t seem to make it work. I found that cointegration and mutual information work better though.

Nevis

Hello all,

Pls find attached the FXCORRELATOR-2a.mq4
with arrows indicating the trend.
Pls pay attention - default values are delta 3 with a 200 Period. You can change with kind of default values you need.

Just let me know if you need some features or anything.

ravic

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR-2a.mq4
    8.9 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Hello all,

Pls find attached the FXCORRELATOR-2a.mq4
with arrows indicating the trend.
Pls pay attention - default values are delta 3 with a 200 Period. You can change with kind of default values you need.

Just let me know if you need some features or anything.

ravic

Ravic

this is perfect - many thanks

pm me wih an address and you are first in line for anything I publish

N

Attachments

• new fxc.jpg
    new fxc.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 226