Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hi all

I need to get in early today back to back meetings :eek:

will try to plug in later but doubtful - will post over weeekend

have a good day
N

Volume Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Does the corrie take volume into account? Would it be possible to do so or even program a corrie that uses volume exclusively?

Re: Volume Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Does the corrie take volume into account? Would it be possible to do so or even program a corrie that uses volume exclusively?

hey tolearn

define volume in the context of Forex :?:

N

hey all

off on leave for 2 weeks .....I will plug in ocasionally if I can but going to take a rest as things been have getting a little ragged recently ......

will always pick up messages though (y)

N

Hi NVP. I'm new to forex and currently try to trade only EURUSD. I want to ask which currencies must be higher or lower to get signals on EURUSD? For example sell EURUSD when USD higher than EUR and GBP lower than USD etc. Thanks

Hi NVP. I'm new to forex and currently try to trade only EURUSD. I want to ask which currencies must be higher or lower to get signals on EURUSD? For example sell EURUSD when USD higher than EUR and GBP lower than USD etc. Thanks

Hey Graff

welcome to the madhouse (y)

read though my links below - if you want to use the scalper system as I describe it but stay loyal to the E/U , just hide all currencies except the euro , Yen and usd and trade it when Yen and USd are one side of the zero and the Euro is on the other :smart:

N

Hi Neil,

How are you doing? I've only just found this thread and well, I am a really slow reader - it would take me years to read all the pages! I've downloaded the indicator though and been having a play around with it (hope you don't mind!) and it looks pretty cool. I've been having a look at the 50/1 setting on a 1 hr time frame and looks pretty cool. Is there a reason why you always buy or sell JPY or USD vs another currency? For example, could you not buy EUR/CAD if EUR is rising above zero and CAD is falling below it?

Sam.

Hi NVP,

This is my version of currency strength :)

Attachments

• Cur_Str_1100.JPG
    Cur_Str_1100.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 190
Hi Neil,

How are you doing? I've only just found this thread and well, I am a really slow reader - it would take me years to read all the pages! I've downloaded the indicator though and been having a play around with it (hope you don't mind!) and it looks pretty cool. I've been having a look at the 50/1 setting on a 1 hr time frame and looks pretty cool. Is there a reason why you always buy or sell JPY or USD vs another currency? For example, could you not buy EUR/CAD if EUR is rising above zero and CAD is falling below it?

Sam.

hey all

the last year of posts is just my humble take on how to play the FXcorrelator

please feel free to trial whatever you think is logical :smart:

risk currencies tend to follow each other.......so I go with the herd and wait for correlation of signals to trade against them......

USd Yen and CHF now tend to be moving together.....:cool:

N

Hi there.

I ported FxCorrelator to MT5. If someone interestrd in sources let me now. I am currently playing with FxCorrelator and CCFp indicator(Idea is the same, but algorithms are diferent).

Attachments

• CCFP.PNG
    CCFP.PNG
    211 KB · Views: 294
  • CCFP2.PNG
    CCFP2.PNG
    228.9 KB · Views: 222
Hi there.

I ported FxCorrelator to MT5. If someone interestrd in sources let me now. I am currently playing with FxCorrelator and CCFp indicator(Idea is the same, but algorithms are diferent).

excellent........now if only we could use it to make money :whistling

N

May I join?

the more the merrier in my book (y)

I am currently on holiday in the canaries so will be around in late september again

I am meanwhile chilling and working out what the hell I am doing with this thread and my ambitions for the future.....it takes up a lot of time and I have to progress this now to outcome or step back and persue other routes for my future income streams after the job market finally spits me out :eek:

enjoy the markets all.....and be careful out there :smart:
N

Hello NVP,
I am a green pea as they call them in my primary industry (Finance Director at an Auto Dealer in Portland OR).
I have been visiting your posts for a few weeks now. You stated that to use your strategy I needed metatrader 4, so I opened a live account with Interbank FX and their platform is "FX 4". The charts are very similar to metatrader 4, how ever when I try to open the fxcorrelator.mq4 link in your post, my filecure program says the I need to download mt4.
So I have down loaded it and it wants me to open another live account with a $3000 deposit.
Is the ibfx mt4 plat form compatiable? If so HELP! If not, what next.

I am really new and looking to expand my income streams for the future and I am in need of direction.

Thanks alot for your help and direction.

Fiatdave

Hi Guys

Firstly, I want to say thankyou so much for this great indicator NVP, its so amazing!! and the work and support you've given us is waaaay to kind.

I'm new to this indicator and I was looking at this site: http://www . myfxwealth.com/

would it be possible or easy to add oil/silver / copper and maybe the indexes as well?

Do you think this would help you even more in trading?

Sorry, my exp of coding is nothing.

Hope its ok?

thankyou all esp NVP

Hello NVP,
I am a green pea as they call them in my primary industry (Finance Director at an Auto Dealer in Portland OR).
I have been visiting your posts for a few weeks now. You stated that to use your strategy I needed metatrader 4, so I opened a live account with Interbank FX and their platform is "FX 4". The charts are very similar to metatrader 4, how ever when I try to open the fxcorrelator.mq4 link in your post, my filecure program says the I need to download mt4.
So I have down loaded it and it wants me to open another live account with a $3000 deposit.
Is the ibfx mt4 plat form compatiable? If so HELP! If not, what next.

I am really new and looking to expand my income streams for the future and I am in need of direction.

Thanks alot for your help and direction.

Fiatdave

hey fiatdave (y)

excuse the poor handwriting - we met up with some old friends that live in the canaries last night.......and well the drinks just got flowing.......boy am I getting old :cool:

I use metatrader on the ODL platform in the uk....its now run by FXCM that I thought was in the usa?

In the uk I deposited £100 and got a live account to keep my feeds open

in the usa I have no idea how to get mt4 platfom cheaply .......can anyone help ?

or just go to the T2W threads here on platforms and you will get bags of help (y)

N