Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hi all

England 1 USA 1

What tradng lessons can we learn from this.....a cert trade on paper that failed ?

LTCM ltd.......why did you put green in goal all those years ago ?

meanwhile heres Corrie12...........this is when Rocky 5 meets the Teminator 3 on the planet where Alien vs Predator 4 is in progress........:p

later all.......
N

hi all

England 1 USA 1

What tradng lessons can we learn from this.....a cert trade on paper that failed ?

N

In footy, as in trading, there are no certainties! (Apart from the certainty that England will never win every game at a World Cup, and no trader will win every trade he places:))

Hi N and all - or should that be anyone?,

One of my last full morning sessions before bucket and spade time - yipeee!

GU; First trade buy stop at 47184 filled during weird 08:05 bar, price moved up, drifted down to just below entry level then climbed up again to new 09:05 local high and proceeded to collapse in a heap taking out TS during 09:30 bar (after nasty gap) for 13 point profit. Second trade short entered at 47028 on open 09:35 bar, price moved up then went back down again and immediately bounced right back up taking out adjusted SL for 15 point loss. Third trade buy stop at 47262 filled during 10:30 bar, price moved up with some momentum to new 11:00 local high then fell back again taking out TS during 11:15 bar for 27 point profit.

EU First trade buy stop at 21848 filled during 08:45 bar, price moved slowly up, did a shallow retrace and moved up again then large 10:00 down bar took out TS for 12 point profit. Second trade buy stop at 22232 filled during 10:30 bar, price flattened out for three bars then moved up to new 11:00 local high, challenged this a few times but couldnt hold and trade exited on close 11:55 bar for 17 point profit.

EG; First trade short entered at 82728 on open 08:10 bar, price edged very slowly downwards until 09:30 large up bar took out trade for zero point profit. Waited for twelve bar count after last large spike bar. Second trade buy stop at 83096 filled during 11:20 bar, price rose slightly then drifted down and recovered again, trade exited on close 11:55 bar for 1 point loss.

Fairly volatile session on GU and EU would have been a "smooth" long only session but got rudely interupted by [presumably] a news release of some sort. EG drifted far to much for me to make any real headway this morning - trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu150610.gif
    gu150610.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 134
  • eu150610.gif
    eu150610.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 137
  • eg150610.gif
    eg150610.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 143
Hi N and all - or should that be anyone?,

One of my last full morning sessions before bucket and spade time - yipeee!

GU; First trade buy stop at 47184 filled during weird 08:05 bar, price moved up, drifted down to just below entry level then climbed up again to new 09:05 local high and proceeded to collapse in a heap taking out TS during 09:30 bar (after nasty gap) for 13 point profit. Second trade short entered at 47028 on open 09:35 bar, price moved up then went back down again and immediately bounced right back up taking out adjusted SL for 15 point loss. Third trade buy stop at 47262 filled during 10:30 bar, price moved up with some momentum to new 11:00 local high then fell back again taking out TS during 11:15 bar for 27 point profit.

EU First trade buy stop at 21848 filled during 08:45 bar, price moved slowly up, did a shallow retrace and moved up again then large 10:00 down bar took out TS for 12 point profit. Second trade buy stop at 22232 filled during 10:30 bar, price flattened out for three bars then moved up to new 11:00 local high, challenged this a few times but couldnt hold and trade exited on close 11:55 bar for 17 point profit.
EG; First trade short entered at 82728 on open 08:10 bar, price edged very slowly downwards until 09:30 large up bar took out trade for zero point profit. Waited for twelve bar count after last large spike bar. Second trade buy stop at 83096 filled during 11:20 bar, price rose slightly then drifted down and recovered again, trade exited on close 11:55 bar for 1 point loss.

Fairly volatile session on GU and EU would have been a "smooth" long only session but got rudely interupted by [presumably] a news release of some sort. EG drifted far to much for me to make any real headway this morning - trade well and regards,
Simon.

hey mate - solid all rounder there (y)

back friday.....
N

In footy, as in trading, there are no certainties! (Apart from the certainty that England will never win every game at a World Cup, and no trader will win every trade he places:))

aaah grasshopper

you are learning well the art of trading........are you any good a a goalie ? :p

N

Hi N and anyone else out there,

Wifey left big note on trading pc screens this morning before hopping off to work that said "Last day make the most of it" so I guess a sneaky look and trade is definitely not on cards for me tomorrow....

GU; First trade sell stop at 48012 quickly filled by 08:05 bar, price motored on down creating nice uniformed lower local lows en route then big 09:30 up bar gate crashed the short party and took out TS for 29 point profit. No other setups flagged.

EU; First trade sell stop at 23358 filled during 08:05 bar, price wobbled then moved down to range for four bars then nice three bar momentum pushed down to new 09:00 local low, price went into another six bar range then 09:35 bar touched TS for 42 point profit - chart shut down for remaining session after that.

EG; Chart was all over the place to begin with so left this pair well alone.

Kind of a weird morning for me as only one trade made on GU and EU for a change, plus I finished nice and early so off to watch the Wrold Cup - yawn! EG proved to be a real "dont bother" as naturally E and G were falling in tandem to start off with - be interesting to see if anyone could find any opportunities after G broke out of the short trend. Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu160610.gif
    gu160610.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 156
  • eu160610.gif
    eu160610.gif
    15 KB · Views: 199
aaah grasshopper

you are learning well the art of trading........are you any good a a goalie ? :p

N

Hah! My trading is no better than Green's handling...probably a damn sight worse seeing as I can't remember seeing him make any howlers before, but I'm only too aware of how often I make them!:LOL:

Wifey left big note on trading pc screens this morning before hopping off to work that said "Last day make the most of it" so I guess a sneaky look and trade is definitely not on cards for me tomorrow....

GU; First trade sell stop at 48012 quickly filled by 08:05 bar, price motored on down creating nice uniformed lower local lows en route then big 09:30 up bar gate crashed the short party and took out TS for 29 point profit. No other setups flagged.

EU; First trade sell stop at 23358 filled during 08:05 bar, price wobbled then moved down to range for four bars then nice three bar momentum pushed down to new 09:00 local low, price went into another six bar range then 09:35 bar touched TS for 42 point profit - chart shut down for remaining session after that.

Kind of a weird morning for me as only one trade made on GU and EU for a change, plus I finished nice and early so off to watch the Wrold Cup - yawn! EG proved to be a real "dont bother" as naturally E and G were falling in tandem to start off with - be interesting to see if anyone could find any opportunities after G broke out of the short trend. Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Enjoy your hols Simon - you did better than me this morning, as usual!

Simon.

Hey mate

nice couple of trades there.......:smart:

have a restful and fun break with the family (y)

N

Hi all

back in blighty tomorrow - looking at the charts when I can :smart:

N

hi all

back again......phew glad I was back in time to see the England game......I wouldnt have wanted to miss that masachistic treat

now its time to stick pins in my eyes.......as that was not enough pain for an evening :whistling

N

hi all

back again......phew glad I was back in time to see the England game......I wouldnt have wanted to miss that masachistic treat

now its time to stick pins in my eyes.......as that was not enough pain for an evening :whistling

N

Welcome back, Neil. It was a close call, yesterday, as to which was the more frustrating. The dreadful England performance or, trying to make money on a triple witching friday.

hi all

a few videos to be posted tomorrow....sorry but gonna be busy though as a weeks work to be done when i get in............:eek:

N

Hi all

I'm back but the laptop is with my wife :cry:

will be posting later on today and getting 3 videos out there in youtube land (y)

just looked at my work inbox.........mama :eek:

N

Hi all

corrie 13-16 now loaded and available on Youtube

i'll have a look at charts later but the laptop is stuffed with the uploads presently :sleep:

N

Last edited:
and a nice scalpamundo onthe AUSSIE D this morning (y)

N

Last edited:
heres some recent morning action - Tag getting bullish finally :smart:

N

Attachments

• morning action.jpg
    morning action.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 124