Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hi correlator gang !

see my pm .......lets shakedown the candlestick approach on live data and review via my personal address - ive just also sent you my documentation on my hybrid systems for review (again by pm please)

I am about to publish details of the scalper here (promised months ago) and I want to keep this public thread open for questions on that, plus our mormal analysis and comments on he markets plus our own performance :smart:

regards
N

Heres 5 min scalping signals today...see my systems post earlier

N

Attachments

• 5 min signals today.jpg
    5 min signals today.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 246
Hi i couldnt get the scalper version to work so changed

A1=(iMA("EURUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("EURUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A2=(iMA("GBPUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("GBPUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A3=(iMA("AUDUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("AUDUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A4=(iMA("USDCHFgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDCHFgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/1;
A5=(iMA("USDJPYgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDJPYgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/100;
A6=(iMA("NZDUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("NZDUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A7=(iMA("USDCADgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDCADgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/1;

to

A1=(iMA("EURUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("EURUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A2=(iMA("GBPUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("GBPUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A3=(iMA("AUDUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("AUDUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A4=(iMA("USDCHF",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDCHF",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/1;
A5=(iMA("USDJPY",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDJPY",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/100;
A6=(iMA("NZDUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("NZDUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A7=(iMA("USDCAD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDCAD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/1;

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR_SCALPER.mq4
    4.2 KB · Views: 470
Hi i couldnt get the scalper version to work so changed

A1=(iMA("EURUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("EURUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A2=(iMA("GBPUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("GBPUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A3=(iMA("AUDUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("AUDUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A4=(iMA("USDCHFgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDCHFgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/1;
A5=(iMA("USDJPYgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDJPYgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/100;
A6=(iMA("NZDUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("NZDUSDgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A7=(iMA("USDCADgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDCADgbp",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/1;

to

A1=(iMA("EURUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("EURUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A2=(iMA("GBPUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("GBPUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A3=(iMA("AUDUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("AUDUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A4=(iMA("USDCHF",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDCHF",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/1;
A5=(iMA("USDJPY",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDJPY",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/100;
A6=(iMA("NZDUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i)-iMA("NZDUSD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta))/1;
A7=(iMA("USDCAD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+Delta)-iMA("USDCAD",0,PerAvr,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i))/1;

Hi all

thanks for this......this actually is the coding for the one on page 64 of the thread

now we obviously have some platform issues here as the New ODL/FXCM platform demands the new gbp add-on bit that I created in the new scalping post last week

it will depend what you are using so i advise try to load what you can and e-mail here if any load issues

regards
N

cant get access to my screens / systems until pm today so apologies :confused:

N

Hi all

thanks for this......this actually is the coding for the one on page 64 of the thread

now we obviously have some platform issues here as the New ODL/FXCM platform demands the new gbp add-on bit that I created in the new scalping post last week

it will depend what you are using so i advise try to load what you can and e-mail here if any load issues

regards
N

Hi N, where is the gbp add on in the thread? can you post a link?

It's better to make that a configurable setting, some brokers also use symbol names like "EURUSDm" for micro accounts. If I have time, I'll add it to the version that also displays the labels and post it tonight.

Till

It's better to make that a configurable setting, some brokers also use symbol names like "EURUSDm" for micro accounts. If I have time, I'll add it to the version that also displays the labels and post it tonight.

Till

I love this guy :love:

my marriage proposal still stands Till :p

N

Then I shall hurry!

Here is an updated version, please test it with your brokers.

Hi Till,

Sorry to be dense but, is this the Scalper or, an update of the original Corrie?

The reason for asking is that I, already, have a file of this name in my indicators folder.

Sorry to be dense but, is this the Scalper or, an update of the original Corrie?

The reason for asking is that I, already, have a file of this name in my indicators folder.

Hi Alan,

it's an update of the original corrie (the one that was posted on page #64 and updated on page #304).

The Scalper is just the same code except for that it is set at 20/1, isn't it? If so, my suggestion would be to just keep one version of the indicator (code-wise) and save the settings instead (for example scalper.set, standard_corrie.set).

This way, some modifications to the code do not always invalidate the whole MT4 setup.

If I missed something else in the scalper, let me know.

Till

Hi Alan,

it's an update of the original corrie (the one that was posted on page #64 and updated on page #304).

The Scalper is just the same code except for that it is set at 20/1, isn't it? If so, my suggestion would be to just keep one version of the indicator (code-wise) and save the settings instead (for example scalper.set, standard_corrie.set).

This way, some modifications to the code do not always invalidate the whole MT4 setup.

If I missed something else in the scalper, let me know.

Till

Thanks Till.

Hi N and all else out there,

Suitably refreshed from a rainy and windy holiday weekend (!) its time to get stuck into this short trading week which includes the nfp day vampire - run for the garlic....

GU; First trade short opened at 44976 on open 08:05 bar, price dropped like a stone then did a merry up / down dance afer new 08:15 local low and took out SL during 08:55 bar for 26 point profit. Second trade sell stop at 44558 filled by tail of 09:45 bar, price failed to equal last local low and rose up to threaten SL twice then third time (unlucky!) took out adjusted SL near end 10:40 bar for 18 point loss. No more setups on this pair.

EU; First trade short entered at 22287 on open 08:05 bar, prior momentum continued pushing price down with a small pause en route, then it got stuck in a five bar range until 09:25 bar picked up momentum again and pushed down to new 09:50 local low print, did a classic small three bar up fake rally and three bar down recovery then went into narrow congestion range, made another feeble rally and then energy ran out as it just flat lined, trade exited on close 11:45 bar for 88 point profit.

EG; First trade short entered at 84351 on open 08:05 bar, price went straight back up and hovered below SL then wick of 08:15 bar caught SL for 15 point loss. Second trade short entered at 84338, price dropped and tried a weak rally then picked up some nice momentum and went all the way down to new 09:50 local low print with only one small pause along the way, tried another weak rally then went on to print new 11:00 local low, price sort of rallied after this and took out TS during 11:30 bar for 51 point profit.

Bit of a sticky start on EG first thing but second trade recovered this oops-a-daisy gaff. EU was really only on a one way street most of the morning but GU didnt seeem to know exactly what to do and, since my morning session end, has started to power upwards - long live the Great British peso! Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu010610.gif
    gu010610.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 139
  • eu010610.gif
    eu010610.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 117
  • eg010610.gif
    eg010610.gif
    14 KB · Views: 123

Suitably refreshed from a rainy and windy holiday weekend (!) its time to get stuck into this short trading week which includes the nfp day vampire - run for the garlic....

GU; First trade short opened at 44976 on open 08:05 bar, price dropped like a stone then did a merry up / down dance afer new 08:15 local low and took out SL during 08:55 bar for 26 point profit. Second trade sell stop at 44558 filled by tail of 09:45 bar, price failed to equal last local low and rose up to threaten SL twice then third time (unlucky!) took out adjusted SL near end 10:40 bar for 18 point loss. No more setups on this pair.

EU; First trade short entered at 22287 on open 08:05 bar, prior momentum continued pushing price down with a small pause en route, then it got stuck in a five bar range until 09:25 bar picked up momentum again and pushed down to new 09:50 local low print, did a classic small three bar up fake rally and three bar down recovery then went into narrow congestion range, made another feeble rally and then energy ran out as it just flat lined, trade exited on close 11:45 bar for 88 point profit.

EG; First trade short entered at 84351 on open 08:05 bar, price went straight back up and hovered below SL then wick of 08:15 bar caught SL for 15 point loss. Second trade short entered at 84338, price dropped and tried a weak rally then picked up some nice momentum and went all the way down to new 09:50 local low print with only one small pause along the way, tried another weak rally then went on to print new 11:00 local low, price sort of rallied after this and took out TS during 11:30 bar for 51 point profit.

Bit of a sticky start on EG first thing but second trade recovered this oops-a-daisy gaff. EU was really only on a one way street most of the morning but GU didnt seeem to know exactly what to do and, since my morning session end, has started to power upwards - long live the Great British peso! Trade well and regards,
Simon.

A nice start to the trading week proper. Well done Simon

Simon.

great guns stigmaister (y)

my screens finally up....see how the big tag move up early doors delivered nice pips selling the GBP and especially the Euro a......see in the second chart how the Blue line (Euro) just lodges itself below the zero most of the morning offering brilliant sells ..... .Sweet :)

I know that the Grey CHF fall looks as sweet as the Euro in chart 1 but dont be decieved...these are actually 8 individual overlapping charts so the scales are not equal....its just there to show currency bias/movement through the morning and get everything on the same chart

the 2020 scalper chart is the real deal though re sizing and ratios

ok - back to the cotton now for me ....:(
N

Attachments

• morning action.jpg
    morning action.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Hi all

i'm starting to realise what a damn pain this OLD/FXCM platform change is .....the pair currency symbols changed fom say GBPUSD to GBPUSDgbp etc etc

so I fixed the last attachment here to reflect that new coding on the scalper

in trying to get history ive now got nothng in the tank now.....except from conversion date :cry:

oh well heres whats happened this week through the eyes of a standard corrie set on a 200ma delta 1..........if I try the 1000/1 setting it needs 5 X the history so its rubbish

flavour is there though - good GBP action this week vs a very poor Euro so far

N

Attachments

• this week.jpg
    this week.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 137