Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

N
I have obviously downloaded this wrong. My charts don't look anything like your charts? I have downloaded this into indicators, when I attach it to the charts all I have are coloured parallel lines at the bottom of my charts, where you normally would see the rsi or MACD.

Should I have put this in as an EA.

Can you advise, thanks.

N
I have obviously downloaded this wrong. My charts don't look anything like your charts? I have downloaded this into indicators, when I attach it to the charts all I have are coloured parallel lines at the bottom of my charts, where you normally would see the rsi or MACD.

Should I have put this in as an EA.

Can you advise, thanks.

hi morfisher

this is where it goes in my metatrader files ..........flat parrallel lines indicates no feeds coming in ?

what have yuo loaded it on ? and what is the broker feed ? - use ODL initialy if you are uk based as you get a month free

more techies here on line later

N

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 118
Overnights.....

DJ30 rising so ditto the tag are falling.....

the euro tribe are trying to claw back a little respect after a really tough week (for Euro and the GBP anyway).....

commdolls delivered yesterday (see the 1 hr chart).....

lets see the bunfight today unfold

later
NVP

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 154
mornin all.....:sleep:

started earlier today as i needed to get a lot done

Read the latest newsletter from Lance beggs who recommended this blog article below

damn you Lance....i'll never get anything done today now :p

http://www.eminiplayer.com/2009/06/learning-to-become-successful-trader.html

N

wow - nice piece of work here and a great way of explaining the learning process

being uber sucessful in any field is not just about combining constant and continual learning with practice and experience...its about challenging every single thing youve ever learned everyday and being ready to throw things away to move forwards....and that hurts !

humans are not programmed to do this easily (self help 101) and the trading marketing machines know that....so we are fed learn simple formulas and indicators that are kinda right some of the time and thats the best it gets ....right ?

trading behaviour is a mirror on life (except its on turbocharged steroids !) everything you experience and see in the market is happening in a watered down way across this planet as people go about their daily activities....and the ones that are smart and willing to learn and adapt and change will achieve a lot more of their dreams and ambitions than those that dont

one more thing of course - the big difference between tradng and life is that in trading the goal is simple (make pots of money) .....whereas life .....hmmm thats another subject !

Neil
NVP

Hi Neil

I used the link you provided to unsubscribe you from their marketing list. ;)

Just kidding. Surprised nobody else has yet though. It shows your hotmail address, just in case you thought it was private.

thanks mate - removed it (y)

hi morfisher

this is where it goes in my metatrader files ..........flat parrallel lines indicates no feeds coming in ?

what have yuo loaded it on ? and what is the broker feed ? - use ODL initialy if you are uk based as you get a month free

more techies here on line later

N

I am on a demo account with FXCM MT4, i've loaded lots of other stuff ok, so I don't understand why I had a problem here. What do you think.

Regards

I am on a demo account with FXCM MT4, i've loaded lots of other stuff ok, so I don't understand why I had a problem here. What do you think.

Regards

Hi Morfisher

if you've put it in the folder I suggested earlier + have loaded other stuff before
im struggling a little here

anyone else have any suggestions ?

N

Hi Morfisher

if you've put it in the folder I suggested earlier + have loaded other stuff before
im struggling a little here

anyone else have any suggestions ?

N

I'd suggest first someone using FXCM needs to confirm their symbols are the same as the default ones used in FXCorrelator. The flat lines suggest it's not finding the symbols it expects.

Hi N and everyone else,

Its Friday yet again and time for me to escape screaming from the Betty Ford clinic and straight into the supermarket to load up a trolley or eight with red nectar giggly juice. Here is this morning's bun fight....

GU; First trade short entered at 45957 on open 08:10 bar, price picked up speed nicely and went down with only one weak pause en route then it got itself into a narrowish range and 09:25 bar caught TS for 34 point profit. Second trade sell stop at 45338 filled by 10:25 bar, price moved down for two bars then made a three bar range followed by another small push downwards and then a weak recovery phase which took out tight TS on wick of 11:15 bar for a cheeky 15 point profit.

EU; First trade sell stop at 25372 filled by 08:30 bar, price stalled then drifted down, new 09:25 local low printed and price reversed with some force taking out TS for 16 point profit. Second trade sell stop at 25034 (I dont pay to much attention to "magic" numbers!) filled during 09:55 bar, price moved down with a couple of three bar sideway pauses, new and weak looking 10:55 local low printed then price started to rise with 11:15 bar taking out TS for 43 point profit.

EG; Didnt trade on this pair this morning due to G and E both falling over in tandem again, but noticed a few small value scalp opportunities for the brave, anyone take these with N's excellent corrie indy?

Hells teeth, what a morning there. Seems like nobody has any lurrrve for the Great British peso or the Euro rouble right now. Be wary this afternoon of any position "squaring" ahead of the weekend - trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu140510.gif
    gu140510.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 109
  • eu140510.gif
    eu140510.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 119
I'd suggest first someone using FXCM needs to confirm their symbols are the same as the default ones used in FXCorrelator. The flat lines suggest it's not finding the symbols it expects.

Good spot Gavin. From memory, doesnt FXCM use an extension on the end of normal pair symbols to indicate mini or micro accounts? If so the N's corrie indy wont be able to "read" symbols.
Simon.

Good spot Gavin. From memory, doesnt FXCM use an extension on the end of normal pair symbols to indicate mini or micro accounts? If so the N's corrie indy wont be able to "read" symbols.
Simon.

Mmm. I get the same with MB Trading, lines at the bottom. Can anyone suggest a broker on demo I should go to in order that this will download in indicators ok.
Thanks

Hi all

sorry I went Awol ! :p

been trying to get some holiday in and booked a last minute deal that now has me sitting in the canary islands for 11 days .............and yes we beat the Volcanic cloud out the door !!! :clap:

i´m going to finish the documentation out here for my systems...as laptop in on tow

stand by and I will be postign asd muich as possible when I can

N

Hi N and everyone else,

Its Friday yet again and time for me to escape screaming from the Betty Ford clinic and straight into the supermarket to load up a trolley or eight with red nectar giggly juice. Here is this morning's bun fight....

GU; First trade short entered at 45957 on open 08:10 bar, price picked up speed nicely and went down with only one weak pause en route then it got itself into a narrowish range and 09:25 bar caught TS for 34 point profit. Second trade sell stop at 45338 filled by 10:25 bar, price moved down for two bars then made a three bar range followed by another small push downwards and then a weak recovery phase which took out tight TS on wick of 11:15 bar for a cheeky 15 point profit.

EU; First trade sell stop at 25372 filled by 08:30 bar, price stalled then drifted down, new 09:25 local low printed and price reversed with some force taking out TS for 16 point profit. Second trade sell stop at 25034 (I dont pay to much attention to "magic" numbers!) filled during 09:55 bar, price moved down with a couple of three bar sideway pauses, new and weak looking 10:55 local low printed then price started to rise with 11:15 bar taking out TS for 43 point profit.

EG; Didnt trade on this pair this morning due to G and E both falling over in tandem again, but noticed a few small value scalp opportunities for the brave, anyone take these with N's excellent corrie indy?

Hells teeth, what a morning there. Seems like nobody has any lurrrve for the Great British peso or the Euro rouble right now. Be wary this afternoon of any position "squaring" ahead of the weekend - trade well and regards,
Simon.

hi mate

better late than never ..........jees mate do you ever lose ?

(im kidding I know you so sometimes :innocent:)

N

Mmm. I get the same with MB Trading, lines at the bottom. Can anyone suggest a broker on demo I should go to in order that this will download in indicators ok.
Thanks

Hi morfisher

tell me the extensions for the 8 currencies and i´ll re write it for FXCM

meanwhile load up a free ODL trader version and it will work )got to their webasite to load it)

N

hi mate

better late than never ..........jees mate do you ever lose ?

(im kidding I know you so sometimes :innocent:)

N

Hi N,

So you are off in the sunny climes - jammy git!

Yes I do lose and quite frequently as it happens in fact per pair wise my SR hovers around the 60% mark as a medium / long term average, its the ratio (win values divided by math absolute losing values) that really does keep me afloat.

Couple that with the strategy of trading across three pairs (when that damn EG allows!) gives me a far more smoother ratio and I base the overall SRs on daily and weekly basis - that "hides" some of the real bloomer trades I constantly stumble into.

Enjoy the holiday and DONT tell us about the sun or beach....
Simon.

Hi morfisher

tell me the extensions for the 8 currencies and i´ll re write it for FXCM

meanwhile load up a free ODL trader version and it will work )got to their webasite to load it)

N

Hi N,

As you know, I use MBT as a price feed and dont have any problems with your corrie indy. If you do adapt the indy for FXCM then just add the extension "M" onto the tail of each cross - I think thats what they use to denote micro / mini account trading.
Simon.

hi all....

well well that volcanic cloud has got real messy again eh ?

i'll post when i can from here, meanwhile lets have a look at the markets
N

mornin all......:sleep:

markets down overnight including the nikkei that took a hit but has tried to rally a little in later trading with a 40% bounce ...preditably the tag (yen and usd) are up and mainly the eurotribe tribe paying for that action......

let see what happens later on.......

N

Attachments

• dfghjk.jpg
    dfghjk.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 125
heres last week in the corries eyes....

later all

N

Attachments

• weekly roundup.jpg
    weekly roundup.jpg