Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Tottenham last won the league in 1960/61

I was 1 year old......when will we ever do it ?

Don't answer that :LOL::cool:

N

Is anyone on the Chelsea team going to play football or are they all whining about injuries ......Jees it's a mans game I thought

C'mon

Remember

Greavesy
Hoddle
Gaza
Mullery
Jennings
Linneka
Ossie
Chivers
Perryman
Klinsman

We are all watching you

Cheers guys .....have a good evening ......will,be on stream tomorrow ......trading through my tears

Congratulations to Leicester City ........you guys have performed miracles so all credit to you

N

Cheers guys .....have a good evening ......will,be on stream tomorrow ......trading through my tears

Congratulations to Leicester City ........you guys have performed miracles so all credit to you

N

Great to see Leicester win it and great for the game.

Spurs look like they a very good young team and great manager.
Would not be surprised to see them win the league next season.

You could always be a Norwich supporter.:(

amazed I could trade this morning with the Premiership tears in my eyes ...........

well done Leicester .........Spurs (my team).......theres always next year !!!

I was only 1 when this happened ............I'm not on the coach then :)

ahaaaaaaaaa

Hi Neil
OMG only 1 post in 6 years haha !!!
Followed your thread with interest for a few years now,and just started to use the FXCorretator just this week.
Currently in a live sell trade on GBPUSD @ 1.45644
Using the default settings on the 4 hour charts,entered on a cross over of the zero line on the 3rd May.
Tried to send a PM but you have disabled that function.
Would like to keep in touch
Ramon:)

Hi R

sounds like you are doing ok (y)

sorry - I will try to activate the PM stuff.....:eek:.....no idea why that's not working

why not post any thoughts and ideas on my main original thread here ?

if you look back over the many years of that tread we have had bags of people involved and contributing ..........so you are very welcome and I can also then help/comment myself on your system and offer some help/advice

I can recommend on Higher TF using Captain currencies ideas re 2-3 timeframes ?

why not use an FXCorrelator on a 60 ma setting on 4hr to set the relative buys , sells ...and use a lower TF on a 60 to enter ?..........read the 3 ducks strategy

Captain currency (andy) is a good trader and a good guy (y)

N :smart:(y)

QUOTE=Mr Sept;2743838]I started trading with real money, and have ever since. But I would say that 'Demo' accounts make life simpler when testing new strategies or trading new products....(read options in my case).
When training a 'newbie' letting them try out all the 'bells and whistles'...and .....allowing them to 'ask the right questions'. But the Newbie 'needs' to move to Real money very quickly in my experience.[/QUOTE]

Demos are essential for beginners to find their way and learn to execute all elements of a trade correctly .......its useful for even the best traders as well to read test stuff and indeed test out new platforms

I tell new traders they have to be walking on water on a demo with a strategy before trying it live ................Demos are very very cushioned as we all know .......and very forgiving ............so average results don't cut it and you have to be kicking major butt on a demo to impress me

also the stops are easy ...........so again in the real world you have to be very very very good at setting stop levels ..........or indeed widen them and go on soft stops for trading ...........unlike demos that have elastic stops it seems keeping you in and making you always look better than reality

so overall Demos are a good thing when used for the right reasons ...........but don't believe them toooooo much :smart:

N

that me for the day ............ok for pips ......nothing big though

8am bar just consolidated London openings a lot so a lot of scalpers would have been hurt there if they were in

have a good day ....i'm always around for any questions
N

I just realised I had several Replies to emails still in a draft folder - have just sent them all out today .......so sorry to people involved

oops

N

hey all

lunchtime look at market - nice action this morning after I had finished !

USD and JPY ent gung ho bull.........and the Europeans got well and truly Dumped London .......

for me this is perfection and just how I like the London session to go (Europe vs US/JPY) ............doesn't happen as much as I would like though ......

pair wise it was a pipfest

GU Sell to -70's , EU to 60's ....Swissie similar

EJ sold off to - 30 but that was also a real Retracement trade off of earlier strength so depends on when you got in..............and actually EA sells not too bad either to -40 or so

Nice Nice nice ..............betya the us offers reversal opps here big time later

later
N

interesting thread on target setting and my thoughts .........

How so? Wouldn't it indicate that you're doing something wrong if you can't reach your own target income? Perhaps you should rethink your trading plan a bit?

I can only speak for my Forex scalping activity on a daily basis but to me you have to be very very mindful of setting too strict targets ...(aside from losses of course - that is bad !!!) ......I have indicators roughly telling me how much I should be making in the G8 market - based on the markets volatility and correlation factors

if its a bad few days in the market regarding such things you can allow yourself a little leeway and not get too upset ....give yourself a pat on the back in fact if you did well)...likewise if the day is a pipfest (like later London today)....you need to be upgrading targets to reflect the extra money possible

so flexed and pragmatic approach is recommended from me re targets :smart:

N

Hey all

Jees what a week.......I do try to get 2 hours in daily scalping but the consulting gets in the way with early Far East calls I have to take......grrrrrr

Only scalping till 8am most mornings is like being sent to bed by your parents when you were a kid.....all the good tv shows are after 9pm ......but bedtime is earlier !!!!

Anyway that life.......until I deliberately free up more trading time in 2017 I'll optimise what time I have

N

Someone asked me about this thread and what's on it in terms of links and systems and other ideas....

I admit it's a real beast now......many many pages and over 1,3 million views

Just to summarise then

It was meant to be me sharing my ideas on forex strengthmeters and how to use my free version developed since early 2000's .......that was when no one was using them !

The thread then spawned loads of spinoff threads all here at t2 win.......and I have over the years looked at most common strategies here for using the indicators

Go to the link area below in the signature box and see the links mentioned....they then link again etc etc

When I get time I will try to do a link to the most interesting posts here regarding strengthmeters

There's also Been input from some awesome traders and programmers as well so,many thanks to,them again

Off the top of my head regarding subjects

Trading non g8 more Exotic currencies has been covered ....and free indicators are available

I introduced my gold meter. That then became a seperate thread

I've discussed most angles on how to trade the basic fxcorrelator and the ma delta settings ......how to trade trends and how to fade as well

I introduced my youtube videos which again helped in showing how,to,use the indicator

I also loaded up all the g8 individual indexes .....they allow real time analysis of currencies and allows you to trade signals using standard pa approach ....no ma lag

I've also span off more generic posts and threads on non strengthmeter topics.....like exit strategies and loads of other things as they came long ......again with input from the great trading team here at t2win

And more recently last few years I've gone more scalping based in my analysis and approach as that's where my focus has been

I am happy to discuss all aspects of these still here at this thread .......always around :smart:

Cheers
N