Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

morning all

ok got some time in to trade so far today

heres where I am from 6am starts

BULLS - Yen , USD and CHF all bull from 6am ..........buys
BEARS - initially the NZD and AUD but since 6.45 GBP selloffs ....GBP the SELL

pair wise I was bull early doors on EA but the main pair trade at present is selling GU naturally

N

ok I have to prepare for some early calls to the far east

see all my calls on F's thread in last 30 mins

I don't trade the way F does .....but I do borrow from his excellent strategies and incorporate into my Strengthmeter / correlation approach to forex

I hope my few calls to day help the trades move along .......

i'm well up on the day so no complaints

cheers
N

hey all

popped back for 2 mins

very average London session in truth so far ............

Yen and GBP have dominated the bears ..........as I was trading earlier successfully on GU sells and UJ buys ...........(See Forexmospherieans thread from 7 am)

the USD was very strong early London .it faded from 7.45am .........but came back well from after 9am again ..........

weve had a very strong Aussie team - especially NZD at times ......

nothing pushing more than perhaps 30 pips from opening though.......that's sloooooooow

on the pair front BULL EA has touched 40 pip moves from 6am London............ GU has been sold off to -30pips at times

I expect to see 50-60 minimum on a decent London session ...........so as I said this is Slooooooooooooooow today so far

ok good hunting everyone

if I were scalping now (cant stay)........

we are in a retrace of volatility so wouldn't be much in at the moment (last G8 volatitlty move was around 10.39 and moved smoothly for 15 mins or so ............)

EA sells
EY sells
NU buys
UCAD sells
UJ buys

messy correlation really

ok good hunting
N

I am a big fan of the Black Swan team ..........(y)

http://www.blackswantrading.com/blog/

I like them because they focus primarily on CURRENCIES and currency pairs / Trades are a by-product of the driving currency indexes observed .........

they put the Horse correctly before the cart ......unlike 99% of most traders who just look at pairs (1 dimensional guys seriously !!! :sneaky::eek:)

they look at trading just like I do in fact ........

rule 1 .........determine your timeframe and style (scalper ? / positional / weekly ?)

Rule 2 .......determine your ALPHA currencies in that arena (which are the Strongest/Weakest currencies in motion ? / trending ?)

Rule 3 .........define trigger points to trade those currencies (retraces, S/R , MA's , other)

Rule 4 ...........pair up the currency with best trading partner (the one moving in opposite direction and negatively correlated)

of course it DOES takes time and energy to get this all together and running smoothly ...........especially when scalping as it needs fast thinking and even faster fingers to trade !!! :rolleyes:

but its a system ...........and I can assure you it works :smart:

so keep the faith you corrie lovers :)

N

hey all

2 mins between calls ...........wanted to see what was happening us session

hmmmmmmm........i see

BULL - CAD , USD
BEARS - GBP, Yen, Euro, CHF all swapping blows at times so far

soooo..........the trades currently are

EA sells , AU NU buys , GU buy bubbling under ..........hmmm plenty coming

volatility wise the G8 is below entry level for my purposes ......... 2pm was last decent rush ............2.46 was a small one .........3.18 again .................still waiting for another

ok have a good one
N

traded a little this morning but work is swamping me ...........back soon

N

hey all ...........again time against me today - will catch up with some observations over the weekend

N

I was going to put some comments on F's thread re his excellent work on time windows......but I can't reply to his thread at moment ???

Time windows really really completed my forex strengthmeter transition to scalping ......cheers F

N

hey all

since I was actually having to look at some 2016 forex exposure scenarios for the company I am consulting for this week ......lets look at what I was using to do that and the good ole G8 :smart:

heres the year so far ........standing start 1/1/16........

Losers .............red GBP basically ....disasterous feb with nearly a 100 pip fall against G8 (Brexit opens batting) and now fighting back a little ..........good luck with that .....

notice that the greenback is falling ..........it had a good January but the full weight of the western world is on its shoulders ...........I am sceptical of a crash but we need to see a support level first before it climbs back hopefully

Winners

the Yen ............no surprises ...........watch what abe does .......he wont wear this all year

Brown CAd...........solid currency although the oil price should be dragging it down ?........there goes the Commdoll theory then

others are ranging ...........I would love the blue Euro to fall further (holiday money).....but it hit a support level early march and it will need breaching south to help buy me more spanish beers soon

Trade of the year so far ?? .........G/J sells in February .......nearly 2,000 pips possible :eek:...........

predictions ?..........are you crazy ..........i'm a trader not a phycic !! (hint - you don't have to be a clairevoyant to be a good trade ;)r)

have good weekends all ...........:smart:
N

Attachments

• G8 the year to date.JPG
    G8 the year to date.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 132
I was going to put some comments on F's thread re his excellent work on time windows......but I can't reply to his thread at moment ???

Time windows really really completed my forex strengthmeter transition to scalping ......cheers F

N

Looks like they have all been banned.

Seems they were drawing people from T2W into there own vendor website.

actually I just realised F (or someone) has closed his thread.........

Hey all.....I suspect we will not be seeing forexmosperian at t2win anymore

If anyone needs to contact him in future then I will happily put them in touch if needed.......I have nothing to sell or gain from this and if the moderators consider this .a breach of forum behaviour then. I apologise and will retract this message........just common courtesy extended to someone who put a lot of traffic through the trade2win forums over last 2 years

Cheers
N

Hey all .......scalping away at moment......strange not to be on forexmosperian s thread calling live..........I don't really want to do,that on this thread as it's already had 1.2m views and is very very long now so difficult for new followers to go,from start to,Finnish .......I may start another......for,just calling live scalps,in the morning......

Hmmmmm
N

the new thread is running now .............sorry its been pretty flat when I was able to look at opportunities ....I will try to set up some great scalps tomorrow morning on that thread

N

Hey all ..got,tied,up,this,afgernoon.....will,try to get to table again tomorrow,morning .....

Cheers n