Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hey all

Party went well and it's as hot as an oven in the canaries !!

Back Tuesday
N

morning all

back in blighty .............currently buying usd when possible

selling - cad , euro , gbp , chf ..i'm not fussy ;)

N

Attachments

• buy usd.JPG
    buy usd.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 136
Hi N

I hope you are well.

I did in the past play around with cluster indicators like cfp, ccfp and complex pair but could not make any sense out of them, the cfp wich was the line of the ccfp was best used with divergence......What is your view on that?

went short on usd a little earlier on forexperians thread - all in profit now 4 trades

eu 0828.........:rolleyes:

ucad 2991 .......:confused:

uchf 9632 :rolleyes:

eu 0831 (y)

ucad 2985 (y)

uchf 9629 (y)

gu 5580 (y):thumbsup

we are back at daly low for usd so I am very tight on any profits I have ......bounce could now come

hey all .........i'm looking to sell the gu and eu at moment .........watching the usd's slow progress north now

1.5550 seems solid resistance on gu now .........I just need the next usd push north

morning all

selling usd again now today from 8.30ish BST ...........steady flow south as you can see ..nice opps on the Europeans to buy

N

Attachments

• sell usd now.JPG
    sell usd now.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 251
GJ

The "beast"

8 50 am update

That was a 8 25 am scalp buy - thats risen approx 35 pips - not as many as I would have thought with this pair

F's right - the GJ really is a beast with both currencies capable of pulling major G at times .........light the blue touch paper.....add a decent S/L and step back .....:sneaky:

2 booms so far today as they moved in different directions ..........but not for the fainthearted

on the second chart ive added the greenback to show its correlation to the Yen ...............I LOVE it :love:when they are moving together as it give me more confidence in my USD scalping trades

N

Attachments

• boom.JPG
    boom.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 231
  • usd yen tag team.JPG
    usd yen tag team.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 212
I reckon every day N - the market makers are trying to find - via their super computers ways to confuse and trick the rest of the markets - via new correlations and using HFT to change things in seconds - never mind minutes

What they cannot get away with changing is the PA of HH and HL etc for rises and the levels that provide supply and demand or S & R etc

They can breach them by 2 -4 pips to set bots off on wrong moves - but certain things they cannot trick etc

The more money involved - the more important to come up with new ways around the traditional ways of the past

Nothing surprises me today - and its up to us as retail traders to really understand all the tricks and method they use - so that we can join in on the back of their moves whilst maybe 80% of the market gets screwed

agreed...............in fact its interesting to observe market prices and add some lead / lag values each side of current price before getting drawn in

eg lets say that the TRUE market price can be moved by +/- 5 pips by players.....then only look to trade when the range gets moved above key S/R levels (when the players step in to kill us )

keeps you out of the crap ...........

just add a 1 ma to any chart and set a small range like this ....keeps the Bsh*t away at key times ....heres a 5 pip on GU to keep players out :smart:

N

Attachments

• bullshit factor.JPG
    bullshit factor.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 275
  • ma 1.JPG
    ma 1.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 190
  • ma 2.JPG
    ma 2.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 214
morning all ....................

sorry but my updates are light here more recently but as anyone who knows me now will see I am live scalping and use Forexperians thread as its an excellent place to call alongside some very good traders

I will update here whenever I get time and always add comments if appropriate but generally my live calls are at F's thread !

all my links and info is below in links area and always happy to talk forex strenghmeters and correlation !

N