Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

trading my goldmeter indicator (in free links below)...........its simple really

I am looking for a weak usd and then I attack a rising Gold index
or vice versa

in a perfect world I look for the gold index (violet) to actualy breach above or below all the other grey lines (which represent the G7 currency indexes) .........this means that gold is being traded very aggressively and moving with much more momentum than the fiat currencies

a few buys and sells
N

Attachments

• signals.JPG
    signals.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 172
scotty milnes comments at 8.45 re the red devil incident ............apply the training to trading

I used to do a little parachute jumping in my younger days ..........nothing serious and certainly not as dumb as my time working in adventure sports in Australia...........but certainly clears out the cobwebs

clear head , preparation , training , practice , visualisation , professionalism = success

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone

Last edited:
Morning N

Yes that red devils incident was very scary - I remember before you mentioning about your adventure sports when you were based down under.

Now scalping in comparison is very safe - although you might have an heart attack if you are in the wrong way and we get another massive Black Swan even - like the Swissy one in January this year

clear head , preparation , training , practice , visualisation , professionalism = success - it applies to everything in life I reckon and too be on top of your game - you do need to get all your "ducks in a line" - because ignoring one or two of them can be very costly etc - either risking your life - or risking your hard earned monies in the market place.

I hope you have another good week in the FX markets and lets hope the EU does not give us a "red devil incident" over the next few days - take care ;)

All the best

F

morning all

I have been making some adjustments to my scalping system over last 2 weeks (hence my lack of real presence here and live calling)

going live tomorrow so lets see what happens .........

N

Morning N

Yes that red devils incident was very scary - I remember before you mentioning about your adventure sports when you were based down under.

Now scalping in comparison is very safe - although you might have an heart attack if you are in the wrong way and we get another massive Black Swan even - like the Swissy one in January this year

clear head , preparation , training , practice , visualisation , professionalism = success - it applies to everything in life I reckon and too be on top of your game - you do need to get all your "ducks in a line" - because ignoring one or two of them can be very costly etc - either risking your life - or risking your hard earned monies in the market place.

I hope you have another good week in the FX markets and lets hope the EU does not give us a "red devil incident" over the next few days - take care ;)

All the best

F

agreed ...............I bought into an adventure company based in Aus and new Zealand back in early 90's

my business partner was ex SAS and we worked with a lot of pro's with those qualifications ...........a pretty wild bunch outside of working hours but jesus they were focused at the cliff face and the jumpsites with customers and also the many stunts and shows we had to perform off of buildings and anything else people would pay us to do ........;)

we trained a lot (my partner was a bloody taskmaster) and went through all eventualities regarding rescue situations...........we had to have a sixth sense re what the rest of the team would do...... as many times our radio communications would be pretty poor in tough conditions and we worked alone

N

RIP macka mate.........(he died in 2014 after a long battle with cancer)

heres the rough guide to us back in the day .......i'm not shown face on in the clips as I was having a few (ahem ) issues with immigration ...........and that bar is called Brumbies in Cairns ...........a few famous hangovers left in there..........

Attachments

• MOI.JPG
    MOI.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I remember Magenta de Vine on the "Rough Guide" - she was strange - but it was a good show

I like the bit about signing a disclaimer so your company was not responsible etc etc - but then saying worse case might be sprained ankles etc lol

The good old days N - and a great shame about your mate - very sad

I remember Magenta de Vine on the "Rough Guide" - she was strange - but it was a good show

I like the bit about signing a disclaimer so your company was not responsible etc etc - but then saying worse case might be sprained ankles etc lol

The good old days N - and a great shame about your mate - very sad

I have to be careful as this is a public forum but magenta certainly was a character.....;)......and that film crew she was running with sure liked to party :party:

lets just say we all had a ball whilst that bunch were in Cairns.....and what happens in cairns stays in cairns .:p

N

Last edited:
morning all

I am trialling a couple of tweaks to my scalping system this week

at this moment ...........

sell CHF , buy Aussies............usd is still moderately bearish after a weak Asian session but pretty flat at moment so nothing yet on that one

N

chasing the eu buy now .............nice u/j buy as well ............came from nowhere

been trading on forexperiens live call thread ........

for interest sake usd's low was technically around 7am BST........

its been climbing slowly ever since but now under heavy pressure selling.......35% retrace so far in under 25 mins and i am chasing it down scalping European buys

N

heres my indexes spread over 2 charts ........if you follow my thread you will know my colours by now

must confess i'm in 2 minds where to go with usd next ..............some great recent sells on the greenback / line ..........but we may get some continued buying again now

lets see
N

Attachments

• now what.JPG
    now what.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 150
sorry that needed reseting .........around the 24% fib for usd selloffs

Attachments

• usd sells.JPG
    usd sells.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 152
ok some chores to do now ...back this afternoon

heres my strategy for usd index (free indicator in links are below)

personally i would look for extended selling on Usd now (buy European usd pairs)

if she breaches into recent highs then all bets off

later
N

Attachments

• usd strategy rest of morning.JPG
    usd strategy rest of morning.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 133
hmmmmmmm

no idea when the usd bull rush is going to end .............we are drifting towards us session now for the clues

N

Attachments

• usd bull push.JPG
    usd bull push.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 118
hey all..

i'm working the usd turn now into the us opening .........shes coming south .....again

European buys kicking in more and more

that swissie got front seat .....

N

Attachments

• usd turning for us session.JPG
    usd turning for us session.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 139
  • gu buys.JPG
    gu buys.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 111
jees that usd has been resilient today ..............about 12.30 BST was her last big bear push then since 14.00 BST (13.00 on gmt chart) shes been hauling major butt north

chart 2 shows who did what........brown cad was solid sell since usd rose again orange aud fell ........and blue euro got weak more recently

N

Attachments

• usd bull.JPG
    usd bull.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 129
  • g8.JPG
    g8.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 126
morning all ....

a little more tricky at the moment .....usd is selling very short term but the trend is massive bull this week so far ............

the Europeans have been the sells..... although the red GBP has gone bull more recently

game on
N

Attachments

• action.JPG
    action.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 123
sell usd at moment.........gbp is only European really buying

Attachments

• sell usd.JPG
    sell usd.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 120