Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey Gang

Forexperian has now been on T2win for over a year now ..........he has been probably the most controversial trader for many a moon here .............

and unlike many many others whi fall apart he can actually back it up ..........(despite all the flak hes taken ......hes proven his skills day in day out and is still here )

I have greatly enjoyed his journey here and learnt a lot from him......I recognised pretty early on that the guy was the real deal ...........he was similar in fact to a couple of my mentors from years back .............so I am glad he is still around ............I trade a different way using strengthmeters ........but I have still learnt a lot from his take on time windows and many other observations ...............you can always learn from good traders even if you have a different approach yourself

there are a few threads he has started but please read this one ...........its more reflective and allows a more summarised view of what he is doing ......then read his others ..........hes calling pretty live most days now as well on is live calls thread

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...etail-intraday-fx-trading-journal-2015-a.html

I rarely recommend other contemporary traders work as you are always setting your opinion up for a fall...........Lance Beggs has always been on my list ...........Andy (Captain Currency) .....TRO........plus a couple of mentors that have sadly passed (but never really published so you cant read their work).........there are a few others but Forexperian is on the list ..........

so I would advise anyone to take a look.............you will learn something

N

been running a few calls at Forexperiens thread ....mainly trading the usd bull moves

later
N

Attachments

• bull run.JPG
    bull run.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 102
hey all

heres the usd today ..........you saw me earlier on this and forexperians thread chasing the early usd buys

you can see the big big turning points...all interestingly on the 30 min or hour time window or within 5 mins .....

spooky
N

Attachments

• usd turning points.JPG
    usd turning points.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 146
Hi N

Thank you for your nice words

I think you know - I will genuinely help any serious FX Intraday retail trader if I can.

With you it's maybe easier - as you have had years at it - so your have the experience and are very skilled at using your strengthmeter - to take advantage of the main intraday moves

I am sure with adapting the time concept into your skillset - you will only improve further and end up one day saying that's it - I am going full time - i can make far more than a good accountant.

Its a big step but as Major Magnum proved in less than 8 months - he started to see it coming together and now its up to him and he progesses over this next 6 months. I just hope he does not expect to make a few hundred pips - every day ;-)

Good Trading to you

Regards

F

Hi N

Thank you for your nice words

I think you know - I will genuinely help any serious FX Intraday retail trader if I can.

With you it's maybe easier - as you have had years at it - so your have the experience and are very skilled at using your strengthmeter - to take advantage of the main intraday moves

I am sure with adapting the time concept into your skillset - you will only improve further and end up one day saying that's it - I am going full time - i can make far more than a good accountant.

Its a big step but as Major Magnum proved in less than 8 months - he started to see it coming together and now its up to him and he progesses over this next 6 months. I just hope he does not expect to make a few hundred pips - every day ;-)

Good Trading to you

Regards

F

hey F ..................i'm still in that twilight zone as I try to continue with mainstream consultancy in the corporate world for at least a few years yet ................the trading is there if I want it ....and with a few more tweaks (and applying some of your principles) I am pretty happy with my style and approach

I'm always around and pop in and out as much as I can :smart:

N

hey all

flattish usd yesterday and today so far .................we need a little more volatility on higher TF's to make any decent usd pair profits

N

Attachments

• flat usd.JPG
    flat usd.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 123
usd just bounced of days low again ............that's interesting and may indicate bull action coming

N

Attachments

• bounce.JPG
    bounce.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 116
we are range bound at moment on usd - back later

N

Attachments

• range bound.JPG
    range bound.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 162
hey gang ...............still tied up today

I see that the usd finally stalled at around 10am ( another F time point) and has been piling north ever since .......superb run up !

Euro and the ever faithful cad have been the sells .............

N

Attachments

• action since 10am.JPG
    action since 10am.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 123
Hi N

Check out 3 32 pm to 3 34 pm on main 6 key FX pairs

Caught EU and GU scalp buys and made over 36 pip combined in under 9 mins

Your latest scalp strengthmeter must now be fine tuned and working well

(y)

morning all ..............

ok heres the week .............ive shown the big moves on the top chart (USD index)

and then what currencies were best pairings with usd for maximum profits during those moves (bottom chart)

at the moment it seems the usd is drifting south again .............and the grey swissie is the buy (see chart 2)

got to take my wifes car to the garage

see you all later

N

Attachments

• the week.JPG
    the week.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 112
  • uchf.JPG
    uchf.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 110
usd has had 2 nice sell phases in last few hours .........support test coming

last bounce was around 6.40am

N

Attachments

• sell usd.JPG
    sell usd.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 125
I was waiting on EU sells .............Euro was already weak ........for once it held bear whilst the usd bounced on the hour

perfect trade !!

N

Attachments

• eu sells at 8 01.JPG
    eu sells at 8 01.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 137
JESUS - I was 5 hours at the BMW garage yesterday whilst they tried to fix my wifes car ...........................got it done in the end and I persuaded them it was all in warranty........

brownie points in plenty now ..........jees i'm in the good books

N

what did I miss ?

well heres the day on a :-

15m TF
usd index (top)
20ma FXCorrelator (bottom)

all free in links below in signature area..........

the top chart usd flowed a steady south from Asian into London opening and then had some real action around London Pm / US opening............that's the momentum needed to make REAL money on lower TF's ..............so no complaints ther for usd pairs ......and the FXCorrelator shows where the other Currencies were moving

London am had a variety of bull G7's all taking turns to trade well against the falling USD ..........AUD,AUD,EUR,CAD,GBP all stepped up and made their moves .......

then the action exploded into us openings..........and plenty of opportunities to trade some great momentum as usd when up and then fell back.......then from 3.45ish the usd steadied into a run up into market close and again a mixed bag of G7's stepped up to sell into the rising USD........

Remember all markets , forex pairs and individual currencies CYCLE ............they do not move in straight lines ............they move up and down......higher and lower .........a 24/7 rollercoaster with varying levels of momentum and direction..........and we as traders then seek to anticipate and ambush these moves using historic evidence (TA) and News/events (fundamentals).......

Identify a strategy to identify your ambush signals and then perfect your execution of these trade signals ..............that's it .........that's as good as it gets !

later
N

Attachments

• THE DAY.JPG
    THE DAY.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 132
the London session is shown below ...............you can see the usd ranged for many hours and this would have made scalping a little more tougher than a nice steady usd trend session

such is life ............you have to play the hand given

if anyone bagged the gbp sells then the morning was a cracker..........otherwise the experienced trader would have made steady money with careful positioning .....

late morning the usd dropped out of the channel and then fell further ........that was much better ............and the red gbp bounced north with some cracking signals

the us session was much much better

N

Attachments

• london session.JPG
    london session.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 127
heres the us session

boy the usd had 3 nice moves ......(y)......and ive tried to show the big winners on the FXCorrelator chart ......

but notice this ......the NU is shown on the candlesticks...........the turquoise NZD was a very moderate mover in this session............it wasn't extreme at all .........but can you see how the usds momentum still forces the NU to range by some 30 pips ?

that's the great thing about calling the usd moves in usd pairs................if I get it right on where the usd is going then I already have a significant Edge on any usd pair I chose to trade :smart:

then if I can just chose any of the best 2-3 currencies opposing the usd's direction I am 100% guaranteed of not losing on the trade ................the odds are in my favour .....that's the edge I seek to find and optimise in my trading .......that's what I do and defines my approach :smart:

find your edge and leverage it to the max dudes !!!

N

Attachments

• US SESSION.JPG
    US SESSION.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 175
on the forex market the usd is rocking north ...............

hmmmmm personally the usd is not the currency to back when it gets o/bought or oversold on the 20ma ...it tends to like sitting in the pack ..........

I would be surprised if this run lasts through the day so preparing for usd sells

N

Attachments

• usd bull.JPG
    usd bull.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 123