Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

wish i'd called the E/U sell !!!!.....never mind hang in there....

sorry GBP is going up with USD and Yen............a good idea at the time but I cant trade this stuff

Euro is looking a weak bunny though..............

N

yep....Euro's falling slowly..........but GBP is sure in love with the tag this afternoon.....!

N

Good Morning all,
The market is underway with the Tokyo session. Nikkei is down Yen is up, just look at the yellow line!!
Who is down then? Why the Euro, blue line.

Attachments

• 3d270110 1032.gif
    3d270110 1032.gif
    73.4 KB · Views: 136
overnights......

hi phreddy .......thanks for manning the overight session

looking at my standard corrie charts below you were right on the money above (y)

with a laymans eye on the recent overnights dare I say that things seem simpler and more tradable (technically) than our western sessions ? :whistling

the markets fall/rise....yen does the opposite......trade anything else against the yen
(yes....even its mate the USD recently:eek:)

heres the current picture.....

Yen has continued its march upwards supported by equities weakness......hanging now a little more awaitng the European / london openings

others are flatish.......but watch this space as they wake up !

7am bars approaching
N

Attachments

• 27th jan morning.jpg
    27th jan morning.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 126
Good Morning all,
The market is underway with the Tokyo session. Nikkei is down Yen is up, just look at the yellow line!!
Who is down then? Why the Euro, blue line.

look at the yen on those 3 ducks

(3 corries on MA60/delta 1 4h, 1h ,5m left to right)

the yens untouchable at the moment so you were buying yen aganst everything all night.....gonna be that simple this morning of course.....sigh :whistling

N

markets go down and tag goes up

Hi all

heres a chart that shows us how pure the current falls are in the global markets
from a correlaion perspective

as you know we spout on about the tags relationship with the markets ad also betwen each other......

in corrie heaven the markets re united in trending either up or down....and the tag are united in moving in the opposite direction.....

then all have to do is pick the best of the remaining G8 currencies to mximise our trade on pairing to the tag......shimples !

heres a 4h corrie index on a 1000/1 (all the non bolds are commodities and equity markets).........need I say more ?.... ...as good as a corrie heaven as you will ever see........enjoy it whilst it lasts

thats GBP in bold ....as good as any to sell currently

of course you could capitalise on yens traditionally higher volatility than USD and buy the divergence on the climb.........

later...
N

Attachments

• corrie heaven.jpg
    corrie heaven.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 136
by the way........its the aussie and kiwi dollars getting he real pounding at present....

sorry all have to dissapear for a while re meetings........hope the morning goes well...

N

Euro down but Dollar up.
Euro down and pound up

remember a nice strategy on the 3 duck corrie is to use the 4h and 1h to establish the strongest/weakest currencies

currently strongest are Tag and weakest are the 3 commodity dollar currencies and Euro

then in the 5m trigger do not just leap in....(you are buying on the front foot).....but let the strongest fall as far as possible (and weakest strengthen as much as possible).....then trade as they retrace/crossover back into the higher timeframe trends (as these positions will naturally have held on the 2 higher TF charts)

nice !
N

Hi N and whoever,

Different format comment wise as instead of waffling on for endless paragraghs I'm just going to list the trades - if the waffling method is preferred let me know and I'll revert back to it again.

Speaking of waffling I'd better get on with today's bun fight!

GU; Buy stop at 61178 hit during 08:25 bar. SAR to second trade for 21 pip loss on 09:05 bar. Exit long close 10:55 bar for 64 pip profit.

EU; Enter short on 08:15 bar at 40478, exit close 09:05 bar for 6 pip profit. Second trade enter long on 10:05 bar, adjusted SL taken out during 10:55 bar for 14 pip loss. Third trade enter long on 11:15 bar at 40702 exited at midday bar close for 8 pip profit.

EG; Enter short on 08:20 bar at 86991, exit on close 11:10 bar for 21 pip profit.

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• eg270110.gif
    eg270110.gif
    15 KB · Views: 110
  • eu270110.gif
    eu270110.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 128
  • gu270110.gif
    gu270110.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 116
Hi N and whoever,

Different format comment wise as instead of waffling on for endless paragraghs I'm just going to list the trades - if the waffling method is preferred let me know and I'll revert back to it again.

Speaking of waffling I'd better get on with today's bun fight!

GU; Buy stop at 61178 hit during 08:25 bar. SAR to second trade for 21 pip loss on 09:05 bar. Exit long close 10:55 bar for 64 pip profit.

EU; Enter short on 08:15 bar at 40478, exit close 09:05 bar for 6 pip profit. Second trade enter long on 10:05 bar, adjusted SL taken out during 10:55 bar for 14 pip loss. Third trade enter long on 11:15 bar at 40702 exited at midday bar close for 8 pip profit.

EG; Enter short on 08:20 bar at 86991, exit on close 11:10 bar for 21 pip profit.

Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Hey JRP

50 plus pips this morning.................not bad at all.... (y)

im stuffed at work today.........doh.....

N

sorry guys.................work is swamping me so will try to post later....otherwise amuse yourselves.....

N

Morning all!!
Yen is down and the antipodeans are up!!
Don't have those charts on my broker. Now, that is all the Forex for this morning but I have something personal to tell you.
=====================================================================
As you know I am a poor old pensioner and it seems that Good Old Mr Brown sees my plight and sent me this e-mail:
FOREIGN & COMMONWEALTH AFFAIRS COMMISSION.
TREASURY AND MINISTER FOR CIVIL SERVICE, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM.

Our ref: ATM/13470/IDR YOUR REF:CLAIMS/ATM/882 Date: 08/01/2010

IMMEDIATE PAYMENT NOTIFICATION

I am The Rt Hon Gordon Brown MP,Prime Minister British Government. This letter is to officially inform you that (ATM Card Number 4966430104864106) has been accredited with your favor. Your Personal Identification Number is 477.The VISA Card Value is ?
3,000,000.00(Three Million, Great British Pounds Sterling).

This office will send to you a Visa/ATM CARD that you will use to withdraw your funds in any ATM MACHINE CENTER or Visa card outlet in the world with a maximum of ? 5000 POUNDS STERLING daily.Further more,You will be required to re-confirm the following information to enable; The Rt Hon. Mrs Laura Carlson MP Secretary of State for Foreign
and Commonwealth Affairs. begin in processing of your VISA CARD.

(1)Full names: (2)Address: (3)Country: (4)Nationality: (5)Phone #: (6)Age: (7)Occupation:

Forward Reply To The Secetary Mrs Laura Carlson: [email protected] [email protected]

TAKE NOTICE: That you are warned to stop further communications with any other person(s) or office(s) different from the staff of the State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs to avoid hitches in receiving your payment.

Regards, The Rt Hon Gordon Brown MP Prime Minister

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

Isn't that kind? BTW please don't try to send your details and rob me. I am trusting you all!!

Attachments

• 3d280110 1245.gif
    3d280110 1245.gif
    73.5 KB · Views: 147
Hi phreddy................mercy me theres some great internet frauds out there......a sad world but thats life......some are just to pathetic though that I wonder why people bother......although even a brief meander through the current cable channels and reality shows on UK TV quickly shows most of the candidates who would fall for it......

oh well on with the show.....

Hi Phreddy .....everyone

love the internet stuff....sending my details over now.... :whistling

ok heres the overnight action....Tag team took a hit overnight (nikkei up)....then flattened and rallied since 4ish....

the Europair were nice buys during hs period wth some decent pips above the 20ma
(and you all know i lurve the 20ma.....:love:)

let the markets tell us what happens next ....nikkei futures has climbed 250 points since about 6 45pms low yesterday so not sure how long this rally wil last.....

same as my US equities WS30 (S&P30 ?) on metatrader...about 150 pips straight up since same time yesterday.....lets see if optimism holds for euro openings

Gold was a mixed bag overnight...fell intially then picked back up following the equity crew.....flat to falling again now on the 5m20ma.....

game on...........and lets be careful out there......:)
N

Attachments

• 28th overnights.jpg
    28th overnights.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 138
Morning all!!
Yen is down and the antipodeans are up!!

Don't have those charts on my broker. Now, that is all the Forex for this morning but I have something personal to tell you.
=====================================================================
As you know I am a poor old pensioner and it seems that Good Old Mr Brown sees my plight and sent me this e-mail:
Isn't that kind? BTW please don't try to send your details and rob me. I am trusting you all!!

yep..... I can see that youre down to your last overseas residence....shame that the Barbadian, U.S. and Australian ones had to go ??.......:whistling

N