Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

yep.......that went well ! (y)

nearly 100 pips on E/J if you got in early enough on the 15m TF

N

Attachments

• Dow breaks out.jpg
    Dow breaks out.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 155
Yen going again...even off of Dow bounce north (it never really eased off that much anyway).......great session !

if dow hits resistance and comes back south for more pain the Yen will really fly i hope........dont write off a USD rise either if that happens

N

Attachments

• yen power.jpg
    yen power.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 129
Dow kept punching North.....

I went to Yen & USD sells ....

N

Attachments

• Dow punches north.jpg
    Dow punches north.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 127
Nok and Cad down, WTI up, as in 2007…

wasnt 2007 a bit more volatile than currently E ?#

you need to lay out your comments and strategies a little more here
for all to understand E....

you have to remember that Correlation and Strengthmeter techniques are still relatively new to most traders

N

hey all..............

I seem to have issues posting here on my PC at home

not worth commenting about 7am this morning as the markets will have moved on ........and i'm at work now .....

later all....
N

and a big Welcome back to any youtube followers responding to my latest post there at my FXCorrelator Channel.....

sorry I know the stuff is a little out of date .............I will be hopefully firing some new stuff up soon as I want to talk about the latest developments in my own bespoke systems

and probably ramble more about Free and cheap learning ideas/options for new traders and the confusing world they are walking into.............it must be hell !

N

hey all .....

well the US is pretty much closed till monday really......

yesterday the GBP got hit .......i'm surprised at the size actually (as the actress said to the Bishop)........because having Mr Carney open the Batting with Dovish comments on interest rates was as guaranteed as him calling the Pope Catholic .......hmmmm :cool:

anyway heres the week.....GBP wont come back from that hit (far right chart - weekly position)...dow is breaching the recent channel its been in .....and USD & Yen are still North only because of the European interest rate comments this week

have fun.......:smart:
N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 129
nothing much yet on my own 15m TF charts..I need more volatility than this ........amusing myself on the 5mins at the moment but again nothing of note ......

N

yep lets get on those USD / YEN sells .....here they come

but remember in the grand scheme of things the volatility is still lightish .....

caveat emptor
N

USD & Yen move south easing back ......said so .....we need a little more juice flowing through the pipes to lure me in full steam.....and its a low volume day with US in holiday mode .......

later...gotta scoot
N

good volatility now in last hour on the 15m TF but in truth not much clear correlation or patterns for the free system I offer here - yet

N

Attachments

• good volatitly.jpg
    good volatitly.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 159
ridem cowboy.........staying out ...........i'm tempted to sell E/U or even buy U/J ....but really this is gambling

N

Last edited:
ridem cowboy.........staying out ...........i'm tempted to sell E/U or even buy U/J ....but really this is gambling

N

I tend to avoid NFP Fridays. The mornings are generally dull as everyone waits for NFP, and then it just goes absolute nuts. Especially with the US bank holiday yesterday, many in the US are off today as well, so all in all, probably not the best day to trade...

Mornin all.......

I wanted to put 3 charts up showing the USD "Green machine" in bull action for 3 weeks now :-

Left chart = my standard 4hr TF on a 20/3 setting where I watch the more strategic forex dynamics

Middle = a weekly 1/1 setting to show who did what in the last 3 weeks

Right = a 4hr on a 500/1 setting just to Show the granular moves in last 3 weeks

All charts show the USD Green machine is in absolute Terminator Form........with Red GBP taking the most flak in those 3 weeks losing nearly 6% to USD

I dont know and dont care when this will end - and neither should any trader .....just enjoy the ride and trade what you see ! (y)

have a good weekend.......i'm still knee deep in builders unfortunately as we continue to do up the house ........:eek:

N

(PS - the NZD & CAD are not doing so bad either)

Attachments

• GREEN MACHINE.jpg
    GREEN MACHINE.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited: