Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

and even regarding my own website FXcorrelator.com ............

sure I have a note to get the malware issues fixed and also some other issues regarding its content .....but in truth I realised again its all noise and distractions that really is preventing me from focusing on more core objectives like perfecting my own trading ideas and strategies.........

2013 sure is a focus year for me !

N

not sure how much is left in the tank here gang..........I would like the dow futures to extend south naturally.........

but what we hope for and what the market does are 2 different things normally !!
N

Attachments

• much left in tank.jpg
    much left in tank.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 113
the perfect mentor is one you track down through research and networking and who is not "known" on the circuit...........then wear them down regarding learning what they do and listen for any pearls that are shared ........ i've been lucky a few times in the last 10 years when I returned (after taking a few years out of Trading for family reasons) and had some awesome mentors help guide me .....and I hope for more opportunities in the future......but one rule I would recommend is take the trouble to be educated first in at least all the rudiments of trading ..........as consider it if someone approached you with no idea at all and asked for help...........show you have put the effort in yourself first before bothering someone who is a top trader in their own field....

heres Gold ............

gold always goes up ............doesnt it ?

always trade what you see.........and if you use my Free Goldmeter seen in the signature area below then you see a solid extending sell on the 1hrs ..........:smart:

N

Attachments

• great gold sell.jpg
    great gold sell.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 93
all i am doing in these systems is tracking relative strength in various markets.....and then applying some simple patterns to signal trades

thats it .........dont make it harder than it is (as the actress said to the bishop)

simple simple simple in 2013

N

i'm not in anythng now ..............retracing

N

Attachments

• retrace.jpg
    retrace.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 121
CADS gone off like a rocket...............let it all settle for a few minutes

tempting sells now on usd and soon Yen.........hmmmmm

watch that dow and see if it get above 13,400

I need something to get stronger than the CAD befroe I tried anything here......

euro is a tempting buy .........but I have nothing really to back it up regarding the simple rules i follow

USD getting trounced.............all pair moves are USD;s weakness..nothing else..yet

heres what i need convincing of ..........

the dow to breach those 2 bar highs and euro to get north of the zero

N

Attachments

• I need dow move up.jpg
    I need dow move up.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 126
hmmmmmmmm

methinks i'll let the dow open now.......this is not really correlating for me

N

some great buys on E/U but not for me ..........my system looks for correlation between the USD and Yen and its shot to pieces at the moment ............so standing aside

n

USD still under pressure............lets see what the dow says soon.....

ok strategy wise.........

Dow hasnt brached the 13,400 in my eyes and is stalling

ok if the opening bell takes it through the roof fine ...I will trade the move

BUT

this could soon signal a retrace on the dow and I would look for a further boost to the Yen whilst selling Euro or USD ....traditionally the AUD moves well also when yen is on fire .....

I would be surprised for the USD to bounce north dramatically on a dow fall as its just to much in bear mode of the NFP's...I may even look to sell U/J ....theres still plenty to come below 87.60 if dow collapses

N

selling e/J as well is tempting if Dow collapses..........below 114.27 on the breach south

interesting.........the unloading dow is hitting the USD more than Yen so far ....

nothing to hang my hat on yet.......if anything the Dow is stablising to go north again.....thats a sell Yen situation as I must say that USD looks very oversold....

Dow breaching north..............buy into Euro , GBP and AUD

Yen should provide more pips than USd as already discussed

Attachments

• Dow breaching north.jpg
    Dow breaching north.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 145