Wow !

Dawn raid on the Swissie !

N

Attachments

• swissie power.jpg
    swissie power.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 208
hey all

crazy times at the moment so wont be around here for a while......pm me if needed as you know where I am

A huge thank you to those who contributed and got us to over a quarter of a million views on this epic thread....its journey is only just beginning though :smart:

cheers
N

Attachments

• mr corrie.jpg
    mr corrie.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 1,569
Last edited:
hey all

jees ............thank you for all the kind comments and best wishes I have received (y)

everyone knows where I am and i'm not gone.....just will not be here much for a while due to other commitments :eek:

N

heres Boris from BK Forex

for me the piece is interesting but not earth shattering......however note the area in Bold.....sure that's probably a average year trading End of day charts..... but nothing lower TF surely ?

jees......who were these guys ?

N

Trust The Process Not The Price

When I was at the FX expo in Las Vegas last week, I found myself in the refreshing position of being in audience rather than the stage as my friend Todd Gordon hosted a panel on the joys and tribulations of FX trading. So instead of pontificating, I listed for change and walked away with some great insights into the game.

Although the event was sponsored by a broker, the majority of the panelists were not associated with any broker dealer firm and as a result the crowd received an unvarnished and quite realistic view of the business. No one on the panel claimed that you could trade your way to a six figure income with ease or promised that they could show you a "way to print money". In fact everyone was quite sober and realistic about the actual returns that you could achieve from trading. The consensus view was that 15%-20% per year was the best you could do if you became especially proficient at the game. This was hardly the turn-ten-thousand-dollars-into-a-million pitch that many had expected to hear, but I think most in the audience appreciated the candor of the message.

The most interesting story however was told by Derek Frey who is a frequent contributor to FX street. Once every few months Derek creates what he calls his "lottery account" He funds a five thousand dollar account that he trades very aggressively. This is capital that he is perfectly willing to lose, but nevertheless he tries to make every effort to stick to a particular strategy. A few months ago Derek opened a new account and immediately proceeded to hit the worst trading streak of his life. He made 11 losing trades in a row and saw the account dwindle to 1800 dollars.

Difficult as it was for him to maintain his discipline in the face of such negative results he continued to take signals from his strategy and as markets improved he was able not only to recover his losses but trade the account to nearly ten thousand dollars by the time he came to the expo.

Derek's experience is a great reminder to all of us that in order to achieve long term success we need to trust the process not the price. Price can be very capricious and as sure as day follows night the only certainty of the markets is that you will eventually hit a nasty drawdown that will tempt you to abandon your set up in pure disgust and frustration. It is those points of absolute bleakness that separate winning traders from losing ones. The losers quit, but the winners persist and more often than not markets become more amenable to your strategies and the account recovers. This is perhaps the most valuable trading lesson of all, and thanks to Derek for sharing it with all of us in Vegas.

Last edited:
hey all

yes yes - apologies for my site being down again.....we are reloading it

N

it will be up this afternoon again - we need the designers support out of California

N

Hi B

things are going ok but no we are no at that kind of level to crash the sites just yet - just Backing up the Files for security purposes and it crashed

Free site should be up later and VIP is working fine

N

Good week on the FXCorrelator as we went long on the yen and usd early on then sold them in the second half :smart:

pm me if you want more information or go to my profile as I dont get a chance to be here much these days

N

Attachments

• 1 hours.jpg
    1 hours.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 191
I've got a friend..........he nearly went down the pan a couple of years back as he lost a lot of money in the market crash with a lot of money in equities etc etc

He borrowed from everyone he could including me.....and stayed solvent despite the problems

in fact he prospered a little and promised to pay me back soon...until I now discovered he is overexposed in Bonds and Equities in the Eurozone where he turned to after the US debarcle

So he needs more cash to cover the Risk

I'd be mad to flush more money down the toilet wouldnt i ?.....wouldnt i ?

wait a minute - wheres that printing Press ?

Jees what a farce.........75bn down the pan....

Markets corrupt but they also cleanse....but only if you let them.....

so why is it that goverments only ever sanction the corruption and baulk from the Cleansing ?

Hmmmm
N

morning all....

interesting times on the 4 hr charts

N

Attachments

• 4 hr charts oct 2011 .jpg
    4 hr charts oct 2011 .jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 170
Superb monday on that Flying Dow.....not convinced it will last today though

The FXCorrelator 80/20 system was rocking....

pm me for more info on what we do here :smart:

N

Attachments

• 1 hour 11h oct.jpg
    1 hour 11h oct.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 187
please add charts if you want to post here gang...........a few words like this mean nothing

N

hey all

hope all is well..........jees I see we still get the viewings here despite my focus elsewhere a little more now

hey you all know where I am so PM me if you want to know whats going on in my world

N

hey all !!

jees been a while since I posted .....but i see this thread is still popular

contact me by PM to see what we are up to these days on the FXCorrelator as we go from strength to strength (ouch - bad pun !)

N