Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

With no damn remote access to my home computers I am not able to watch the markets at the moment through the corrie :sneaky:

heres the morning action on the 5 min 80ma and the 20ma ............some nice moves when tag moves supported by the dow30 (see those Zones)

N

Attachments

• 5 MIN TRADES AM TODAY.jpg
    5 MIN TRADES AM TODAY.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 213
And the pm session...................

that Zone D from the morning session turned into a dow sellfest........ so we just waited for Tag to get consistently aligned north.........

interestingly the comdolls were very active during a Timezone that is still generally quietish (espec NZD and AUD) .........such is life :smart:

N

Attachments

• pm session.jpg
    pm session.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 223
hey all

before I go.............heres an early alert on some more possible tag falls overnight on the 1h TF

see how the A/U could easily pick this move up big time..... whether you look at price action , channels or even good old ma's.............its fallen enough (?)

if moves are delayed into the night that implies the nightshift currencies (AUD and NZD) would be the prefered trades as they will be more active into this anticipated tag fall

N

Attachments

• 1 hour predictions.jpg
    1 hour predictions.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 146
  • channel action.jpg
    channel action.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Mornin all..........

heres the action...............one dow correlation confirmed signal so far on the 5 mins

N

Attachments

• morning action.jpg
    morning action.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 189
jesus................the IT guy is finally looking at my remote access problem

i'm worried though...he seems a little young.....although my explanation is a little vague here

N

Last edited:
I think I will not get in today either till later at home..........(n)

meanwhile as I continue to advocate broader reading these are a few interesting links

we are not alone or unique in the trading world regarding what we seek.....

who knows it may perhaps be that your own inability to make money in trading Currencies or Stocks is merely that you are in the wrong market :smart:

and check out the last link on tennis trading..........scalping is like watching paint dry compared to this stuff

http://www.professionalgambler.com/

http://selectabet.net/2009/09/20/betting-masterclass-interview-with-a-professional-gambler-part-1/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUDml5sDiuU&feature=related

N

Last edited:
ok - let me just put that Tennis racket down now and get back to business :p

2 decent moves today on the 5 mins per below but you have had to be sharp :-

on trade 1 (recognising that tag team were overweak on a falling dow and then hitting the trades as dow retraced north........(or just blindly trading the aligned Tag team and ignoring the Dow weakness ? :rolleyes:)

superb Euro and gbp buys were on offer (y)

on trade 2 recently the tag had been promising a rise above zero forever off of continued dow falls.......But that big drop (sell 3 area on the Dow) really got the tag north........shame that not much was in a sell mode when the Dow broke south again (with that GBP already oversold really) but thems the breaks and a little AUD action was on offer...............OR again you could have totall ignored the DOW signals and traded when the tag team were north on both charts and creamed that GBB sell !

thats the joy of layering filters in whatever trading system you use....they will reduce trading signals , more bad ones than good (if not whats the point of the filter ?) - but the previous "good" signals you have to leave REALLY REALLY HURT !!!

thats it for today - I am working from home tomorrow so you will see some live action (y)

N

Attachments

• days action.jpg
    days action.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
What settings/timeframes do you recomend for Daily trading with Pivot Points? Right now I got FxCorrelator 4hr, 1hr, 15min, and 5 min with 20/1 setting.... Should I get the indicator with the 3 arrows also?

Thanks,

ok - let me just put that Tennis racket down now and get back to business :p

2 decent moves today on the 5 mins per below but you have had to be sharp :-

on trade 1 (recognising that tag team were overweak on a falling dow and then hitting the trades as dow retraced north........(or just blindly trading the aligned Tag team and ignoring the Dow weakness ? :rolleyes:)

superb Euro and gbp buys were on offer (y)

on trade 2 recently the tag had been promising a rise above zero forever off of continued dow falls.......But that big drop (sell 3 area on the Dow) really got the tag north........shame that not much was in a sell mode when the Dow broke south again (with that GBP already oversold really) but thems the breaks and a little AUD action was on offer...............OR again you could have totall ignored the DOW signals and traded when the tag team were north on both charts and creamed that GBB sell !

First post from a grateful newbe. The FXCORRELATOR has changed my trading mentality. It enables me to see what is going on in the great forex world at a little corner of my charting window and to make profitable trading decissions. what a gift ! Thanks NVP and thanks to all the helpful people in this forum.......What is DOW US 30? How can i set it up on my chart and how do i use it ? Secondly, I saw an attachment of the forexfactory calendar in this thread. How is the calendar used with the indicator. Sorry if i am taking you backwards and thanks again.

hey all

3 solid signals overnight on the 5min system ...................tag team not aligned at present so no signal

although the usd looks very weak already off a consolidating dow so a fast dow rise now will kill it

N

Attachments

• 3 solid trade signals.jpg
    3 solid trade signals.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 151
the week has been a little more picky looking at the 1h charts

80ma 1h top (=4h 20ma arrow on my triple arrow corrie)
20ma bottom (= middle arrow on my triple arrow corrie)

Tuesday was a peach though and the day to make all the main pips :smart:

Wednesday was the all change day.............that happens a lot if you follow my weekly charts here and on my videos :sneaky:

N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 133
What settings/timeframes do you recomend for Daily trading with Pivot Points? Right now I got FxCorrelator 4hr, 1hr, 15min, and 5 min with 20/1 setting.... Should I get the indicator with the 3 arrows also?

Thanks,

Hey pbylina

I dont trade pivot points - sorry

if you put the basic corrie on those 4 X TF on a 20ma setting you certainly can observe the movements but if you try to ensure they are all aligned to trade - the signals will be fewer

why not just try my 2 X 20ma system on adjacent timeframes ? - the 5 min system is doing well !

N

Hi everyone,
I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this but would appreciate any thoughts.
I understand to trade successfully you need a plan with 4 components
1. What to buy and when (Dow theory)
2. How many to buy (Money Management/Position Sizing)
3. When to get out when you have it wrong (Risk Management - Initial Stop Loss)
4. When to get out when in profit (Profit/Trailing Stop)

I understand a program called JBL Risk manager from Equis does 2,3 and 4 as well as monitor performance. Has anyone tried it? They have a trial at http://www.paconsulting.net.au/Share-Trading-Investing-FX/jbl-risk-manager/

nice try :cool:.............getting this post removed

e/U buy on the 5mins looks tempting.. need more dow push up really though

N

see how the tag are now driving down as dow retraces north..........nice pips around

and gbp has colossal potential here

N

Hi everyone,
I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this but would appreciate any thoughts.
I understand to trade successfully you need a plan with 4 components
1. What to buy and when (Dow theory)
2. How many to buy (Money Management/Position Sizing)
3. When to get out when you have it wrong (Risk Management - Initial Stop Loss)
4. When to get out when in profit (Profit/Trailing Stop)

I understand a program called JBL Risk manager from Equis does 2,3 and 4 as well as monitor performance. Has anyone tried it? They have a trial at http://www.paconsulting.net.au/Share-Trading-Investing-FX/jbl-risk-manager/

nice try :cool:.............getting this post removed

sterling looks like its gonna fly..........fingers crossed that the tag stay south

sellin E/G might be a nice scalp

N

nicey shaping up now.......commdolls are south,

c'mon dow breach north an we will have a pipfest on buyng E and G into the tag tam

N