Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I think I may have given the impression that I'm a beginner - I'm not really. Actually I've been trading for 7 years. Hell, I've even been a (very quiet) member of T2W since May 2004 :) . I've fallen down all the same holes as everybody else and learned to only trade the majors on my spreadbet account - and even then only for swing trades where the spread is less important. I actually traded these CADJPY trades through MB Trading and was getting around 2 - 3 pips.

I've fiddled with a few strength meters of different types over recent years as I too believe it makes sense to trade currencies as individuals - weak against strong. All I did was see Neils comments over at FF and was drawn over for a nosey around...

hey noodles

apologies ..........I should realise by now that a low number of posts means nothing (y)

welcome on board .....any comments / contributions to thread are appreciated !

N

more demented ramblings....microphone coming

N

Last edited:
stepping back a little ........

a lovely 4h signal earlier this week .........commdolls got hammered (y)

this is when shameless marketeers will claim to deliver you hundreds of pips per trade......

(ummm....NVP these 3 did ! ) :p

N

Attachments

• loverly 4h action.jpg
    loverly 4h action.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 143
If you want to do some pip gathering, in a hurry, try EUR/CAD. This really moves,

Unfortunately, some of the rip-off Spread Betting Cos will quote you a spread of 10 or more. If you can get 4-6, it's well worth waiting for EUR and CAD to be on opposite sides of the Corrie zero line and then pull the trigger.

It's not a scalper's trading instrument but, it gives up some serious pips. Like today:D

totally agree - buy a rising currency and sell a falling currency :smart:

I just stick to using the USD and the Yen in my core strategies.....

(umm)

because I just do !

N

more demented ramblings....microphone coming

N

heres the postscript.............took nearly 2 hours to breach the levels i said

but hey .....thats trading

N

Attachments

• postscript.jpg
    postscript.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 105
I am new to this thread and I am unable to find the various templates that are referred to in the MS Word Doc "FXCORRELATOR FREE Trading systems"

Template needed: - 1) FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 1min 2) FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 5min

and

Template needed:-
1) FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 5min, FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 30min (side by side)
2) FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 15min, FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 1H (side by side)
3) FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 1H, FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 4H (side by side)

Can someone please direct me to where these can be found?

Thanks

I am new to this thread and I am unable to find the various templates that are referred to in the MS Word Doc "FXCORRELATOR FREE Trading systems"

Template needed: - 1) FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 1min 2) FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 5min

and

Template needed:-
1) FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 5min, FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 30min (side by side)
2) FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 15min, FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 1H (side by side)
3) FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 1H, FXCorrelator_20Ma set to 4H (side by side)

Can someone please direct me to where these can be found?

Thanks

Hey mate (y)

its just one indicator but replicated on different timeframes above - sorry its the same indicator as the scalper (the scalper is on a 20/1 setting)

so load the indicator thats available from the second post/link below in the signature bar ...keep digging its there !!! (see attachment)

and then everything you need for above is just by having 2 charts with the same scalper indicator on them but reset the timeframes..... and read the bit on adding broker platform annotations.....or you will see nothing on screen !!
N

Attachments

• keep digging .jpg
    keep digging .jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
hmmm - the black swan boys think the swiss finance men might start dumping their Currency again....

its been getting stronger for a while now (see below on a 500ma /delta 1 setting )

suits me as well - last time I was in Switzerland (earlier this year) cost me nearly 25 quid for 3 beers (in a average irish pub)

c'mon guys - dump it....buy Sterling !(y)

N

Attachments

• chuffing chf.jpg
    chuffing chf.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 107
  • black swan.pdf
    458.2 KB · Views: 308
by the way - i spy a nice tag sell at the moment ......eurobuy anyone ?

N

c.mon easy pickings .only GBP is falling with the tag team.....

now watch the AUD....nice strong moves up

tag retracing a little up

take a fast 10 if you can get to that next support line around the 1.2571

yeouch............sorry , couldve sworn that we were gonna get some tag retracement up wards.....jesus

watch how I am right but i went in to early by 1 set of retraces

bugger
N

tag march down is sloooowly grinding to a halt......i'm just to bloody impatient !

everyone - follow the scalper rules - it works and is there to protect you !!

gotta finish off some reports before Home time

talk over the weekend
N

ok all i'm outta here - long working week and its time to play :clap:

heres corrie limbo....you will live in it a lot if you follow my systems using 2 timeframes (like the scalper 1min and 5min)

it keeps you out of silly trades ......trust me !

if you look closely you will see that my EURUSD punt came off of the yen crossing up above the usd line on the 1 min......hey the fast die young !

N

Attachments

• corrie limbo.jpg
    corrie limbo.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited: