Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

sorry its hard posting and trading ...although im only running 2 pairs at moment

140.74 the GJ so will lock in soon .............2713 the GU so locking soon again

ok as at 9am ....

yen the alpha bull ...rising
euro is a fading bull
GBP the alpha bear and falling
usd steady sell

others im not fussed at moment

ive made most pips off the EU buys
i missed a screamer on GU sell
ive grabbed a few GJ sells but should have sold it also earlier

so ive ballsed up probably 15 pips so far but im doing just fine despite that ......once you are able to move to fairly consistent profitability over the years a trader has to accept the many trades they will miss ......comes with the territory !

but the mindset is easy to manage ...

Q whats worse ? ....missing a trade of 20 pips or lose 5 pips on a failed stop loss ?
A - ask your bank account

N

and on the 9am bar the clouds fall away and the sun comes out ........

easy picking on more EU buys up now from 1386/7 to 1400......

easy if you are patient !

back later
n

1427 R levels under threat on EU ..will be interesting

euro has had a stunning second half of week from late Wednesday....some 70 pips pulled back

update

EU rebuys tested at 1402 ...failed to date
GJ resells confirmed at 140.83 down to 140.71

Usd's bear has been disappointing and has faded badly north ....no EU buys offered above 1402

yen bull dominating the plays ...yen now up some 40+ pips from 6am BST

GJ solid now down to 140.30 so far from the 140.83 levels called in last post ...no complaints

EJ has been an option for me ....but ive been slow to party banking on more bull Euro

so again ive watched some 30 pips slip away ......but thats trading ....my bank balance cannot fall from missed trades ...just failed trades i should not have taken

N

eu rebuys back in game at 1380

everyone must be able to see the S levels

GJ turned over from 140.54....decent opps from 140.50 south

we are in limbo time now gang though ...so calling it a morning ...ive done ok .....no complaints ...and also missed around at least another 30-40 pips as well.....Grrr

eu rebuys back in game at 1380

everyone must be able to see the S levels

EU got to 1412......a lot of shakedowns along that path earlier but it was still a 30 pip funnel to scalp in

N

ok NY in motion .........

The cad bull spike has spooked the correlations

i am watching for ops to rebuy Yen .......GBP would be the possible sell

not great dynamics on the G8 ......sure you can chase CAD higher if it offers some pullbacks

sloooooow.....be patient gang

N

Eu looks promsing..but when to buy .....safely above 1413 really ...lets see

personally ? .....i prefer to let it show me the money first ...and on such a big big R level ?

ok NY in motion .........

The cad bull spike has spooked the correlations

i am watching for ops to rebuy Yen .......GBP would be the possible sell

not great dynamics on the G8 ......sure you can chase CAD higher if it offers some pullbacks

sloooooow.....be patient gang

N

i took at 140.63.....a little bold but lets see