Correlation between EUR and GBP, USD and JPY

Joseff

Established member
HI, anyone could explain how EUR and GBP correlated; as well as USD and JPY?

EUR follows GBP or GBP follows EUR?

USD follows JPY or JPY follows USD?

But what about EURUSD and GBPUSD this currency pair almost always move to the same direction.
They're both indicative of broad risk appetite. Also, there's a central bank dimension to it, but that's a lot more tenuous.

But what about EURUSD and GBPUSD these currency pairs almost always move in the same direction.

I think you may like to study the correlation tables in the link and also very much take on board what Martinghoul is saying. Flight to risk or safety.

Your job will be to determine when the currency clusters are moving in sync and when they are dis-connected. Crack this little puzzle and you will be minted.

I think you may like to study the correlation tables in the link and also very much take on board what Martinghoul is saying. Flight to risk or safety.

Your job will be to determine when the currency clusters are moving in sync and when they are dis-connected. Crack this little puzzle and you will be minted.

Thank you for advice. It's a complex question and would like to figure it out. I trade on only on two currency pairs and EURUSD and GBPUSD now. That is my field to start.

Or diagnosed as a savant...

Have you been trading for a couple of months using the shark ea? Without clicking through to your stats iirc the percentage return per day is steady and modest, circa 0.5% per day, but the losses when they come are deep and fast, 50 pips per loss, circa 5% per trade? Critics would suggest it's a system that works for a couple of months then bombs..the troughs are bad..

who cares :p .......and only the second statement has any correlation substance

N