copper

minx said:
Copper bounced from 50%Fib level and looking strong (for now at least)!

I would also agree. I am afraid I missed the action but will try to get in at suitable level.
Target 135+ with stop at 126'ish.
Perhaps pullback to 128'ish which seems to be reasonable risk/reward.
Perhaps should alos look at the copper stocks (FCX +2.4%, PD +1.7%)

bgold said:
I would also agree. I am afraid I missed the action but will try to get in at suitable level.
Target 135+ with stop at 126'ish.
Perhaps pullback to 128'ish which seems to be reasonable risk/reward.
Perhaps should alos look at the copper stocks (FCX +2.4%, PD +1.7%)

I am long from 127, have been for a week or so, and have a stop at 121 that nearly got taken out. I was aiming for and would like to see 135, but think it is a little while off yet and I've already been in the trade longer than I would like. So I may cut and run if i can get an exit over 131-132ish

I'd like to think that it is consolidating today, holding on to the last couple of days gains, ready for a push over 130 early next week. What do you think?

Dave1971 said:
I'd like to think that it is consolidating today, holding on to the last couple of days gains, ready for a push over 130 early next week. What do you think?

I'm looking for a rise too, its all higher highs and higher lows at the moment, even if they are only slightly higher than the last :confused: I'd really like to see a close above the swing high on the 19th July. I think the next 2 days may decide......

I thought the rise in the copper price would of made some headlines this week. Nothing has been said! BHP announced huge profits in the base metal division this week, and they believe this year will see supply out strip demand. This should come back into balance in 06.

If you like the copper story, check out some of the copper companies on the ASX.