Conspiracy Theory

TWI

Rather ironic that the last thread with this title seems to have disappeared from the boards.....just when we were discussing freedom of speech.

Yet another way the government hides inflation
By Bill Fleckenstein
The government may be the only institution that can say a price increase isn’t a price increase. Here’s how it masks the inflationary pressures building. As the government loses credibility on this subject, which I expect (the process takes time, but is almost impossible to repair), the erosion of confidence will impact financial markets bearishly and precious metals bullishly. It's part and parcel of the change in psychology that occurs in bear markets generically. And it is all the more likely in this bear market, given the insanity that's been perpetrated and perpetuated by the Fed and the statisticians in the government. That erosion of confidence will bring about a transformed environment, in which stocks bypass being "fair-valued" on the way to being downright cheap.
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P73981.asp

Another ironic point on this topic is that the Enron's of the world are small fry playing with their figures, compared to the US govt.

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PPI FIGURES - Computer problems my backside.

I dont know whether the government is hiding inflation. For one thing, 'inflation' is not a small, selective basket of *consumer* goods. But the government has never claimed to measure inflation, they measure consumer prices - huge difference.

If they really measured inflation they would include all prices, that goes for crazy asset classes like the stockmarket and property.

With the largest asset class in the UK exploding in price by 15-25% PA how can anyone really say inflation is 2%?

It also brings into question the whole GDP figures, because as far as I'm aware, the nominal GDP figures are deflated by dodgy measures of inflation. Then throw in the hedonic indexing business that counts unrealised dollars.. suddenly the U.S. trade and budget deficit as a % of GDP is much larger than it really is..

maybe I'm wrong.. if so put me right :p

I agree with you Ford.

The only reason Tony b'Liar hasn't taxed statistics yet (eh?) is because he'd be facing the biggest tax bill this century.

If the govt doesn't like the facts, they simply get the Stats for Beginners book out and re-represent the figures.

Unemployment figures are the obvious example. The govt need to show falling unemployment, so they stash all the kids of to Uni (and tax them 30k for it!), and all people who have been unemployed for less than 6 months. blah blah blah, lie, lie, lie

It's what government is all about.
The prime imperative is to cling to power, whatever the cost to the rest of us.
The second imperative is to keep as many feet in the trough as possible.

That's not just applicable to gvot's.think about corporate behaviour.
Cheers

Gov't conspires to manipulate every statistic possible, the 'conspiracy' regarding GDP, is that it is meaningless, yet is haled a statement of economic strength. A fat arse yank who fills up his SUV, stops to pick up a six pack, swallows down a bucket of dog burgers, etc, etc, has just contributed to the US GDP total, but exactly how 'productive' was he? GDP grows because the liquidity bubble is pumped full, and then...?

Came across these today, comforting to know who is running the show over in the USA

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many, what day it's gonna happen? It's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?" - Barbara Bush, said on 'Good Morning America' the day before the Iraq war started, New York Times, 01-13-03

"You can fool some of the people all of the time and those are the ones you want to concentrate on." -- The Captain, GWB Washington, DC March 31, 2001

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator..." Captain George W. Bush --Washington, DC, Dec 18, 2000, during his first trip to Washington as President-Elect

"The illiteracy level of our children are appalling."—Captain GWB Washington, D.C., Jan. 23, 2004

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction."—Captain GWB Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

Conclusion, Barbara is reflective of most of the US population, GWB is already on Mars.

Well I dont know about the authenticity of the articles contents but it's kinda funny or interesting, or interesting and funny that the confederate states were all democrat states back then and the yankees were Republican, and in todays day and age the relationship has flipped completely.. :cool:

So who thinks the investigation of GWb's prior knowledge of 9/11 will be the end of him?

If so, will Tony b'Liar follow?

Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath!!

The B'Liar will have to go soon to give himself time to clean up for the Presidency of Europe.

Bush & Blair - both bliars
there is a better tshirt but I would be banned for showing it :cheesy: :cheesy:

Attachments

• thumbnail_tony_nowww.jpg
    thumbnail_tony_nowww.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 475
An interesting thought, regardless of one's opinion of Tony Blair, who would be better placed (or even able) to run this country with the current form of government we 'enjoy'?

Incredible as it may seem, IMO, there simply is no credible alternative to a PM that has no credibility.

Incredulous of Croydon. (Peterborough actually, but it didn't have the same sonic dynamic).

Thats life mate!

Personally, I'd rather have either Charles Kennedy or Michael Howard rather than bLiar. Both have far more credibility than bLiar.

Who thinks bLiar will get a third term?

Anyone see Channel 4 news last night?

US govt had an idea to launch FutureMap - an exchange where terror derivatives are traded. The idea came about to enable the FBI to spot future terrorist events after they spotted a huge number of bearish derivatives being traded just prior to 9/11 on American Airlines and United - the two airlines involved in 9/11!

http://www.channel4.co.uk/news/2003/07/week_4/25_terrorbet.html

Macabre.