Article Commodity Trading Blunders – My Early Days as a Novice Trader

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,459 60
There is always "year one" for every commodity futures trader. I had mine and made every mistake a trader can make and more. Here’s my story of how I stumbled into the lion’s den, got gored a few times and even made some money. My hope is that beginners will read this and avoid some of the more obvious stuff. Here’s to all new traders!
It all started in the spring of 1979. I was 28 years old. I was in the office of my new retail electronics company. I was going over some paperwork and got a call from a young and excited broker from Boston Commodities, or some name like that. He must have had the list of new businesses and was cold calling the small business owners.
I had no idea, but at the time sugar was in a major bull market trading at around 11 cents and destined to reach 45 cents later in the year. Gold, silver and copper were also making new highs. Bunker Hunt was cornering silver on its way to $50 an ounce. Gold was destined to hit $800. Anyway, this kid from Boston was on...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

pennpaper

2 0
Good time to invest in commodities.

Indian is a haven of commodities. Strictly from an investment perspective it is ideal to invest in commodities now, as they are only going to get dearer in the long run. Investing in precious commodities like gold&silver is ideal for the long run.
http://www.sushilfinance.com/ProductsAndServices/Commodities