Commodity Futures Broker ?

shorty2

Could anyone recommend a good futures broker through whom I could trade US Commodity Futures and also some Financial Futures, end of day. I'm looking for one who covers all the different contracts i.e. Grains, Softs, Meats, Metals, Energies, Currencies, Bonds, Indices. I have software and a datafeed so I am purely looking for a good broker to execute my orders trading on an end of day basis. I'd like someone efficient, easy to get hold of, and reasonable commissions. I'd also like one based in the UK.
Is anybody currently using a broker in this way that they are very pleased with and would recommend ?

Thanks.

MAN Financial seem to be good too.....
Lind-Waldock are owned by REFCO but are US based. They do have a simulator program which is really good (basically their trading platform).

oatman said:
Sucden are OK. I know the company.

The Sucden site seems to imply that they only do the LIFFE softs, no mention of us grains, beans and livestock.....

Refco. They have a London office and they will let you trade international futures markets - pit and electronic. Lousy web site which hardly works, but dont let that put you off.

However you will find that US offices are cheaper in the longrun due to the 4x rate.

shorty2 said:
Could anyone recommend a good futures broker through whom I could trade US Commodity Futures and also some Financial Futures, end of day. I'm looking for one who covers all the different contracts i.e. Grains, Softs, Meats, Metals, Energies, Currencies, Bonds, Indices. I have software and a datafeed so I am purely looking for a good broker to execute my orders trading on an end of day basis. I'd like someone efficient, easy to get hold of, and reasonable commissions. I'd also like one based in the UK.
Is anybody currently using a broker in this way that they are very pleased with and would recommend ?

Thanks.

If trading primarily US commodities, I would opt for a US based execution broker as they will be cheaper. Communication is not really an issue. For Grains, Softs, Meats, Metals, Energies, you might want to try RJOBrien or perhaps Tradestation Securities whose platform is RJO's MCD platform. TS quotes commissions $6.99 per leg but another $100+ pm for their platform! RJO gives access to various HighTower reports incl intra day braodcasts.
For Bond & Index futures, I would use Interactivebroker.

bgold said:
If trading primarily US commodities, I would opt for a US based execution broker as they will be cheaper. Communication is not really an issue. For Grains, Softs, Meats, Metals, Energies, you might want to try RJOBrien or perhaps Tradestation Securities whose platform is RJO's MCD platform. TS quotes commissions $6.99 per leg but another $100+ pm for their platform! RJO gives access to various HighTower reports incl intra day braodcasts.
For Bond & Index futures, I would use Interactivebroker.

I traded with RJ O'Brien over the phone as it was long ago... I was really impressed by their service and I would highly recommend them.

More recently, I have seen their plarform RJO CAT and it seems to be quite good.

Last edited:
shorty, if you are still looking drop me an email and I will call you with some competitive quotes

EMERGENCY!! Xpresstrade have been taken over by Optionxpress. XPT had a brilliant website - easy to use, intuitive, lots of information - in fact all you needed. it was complete. The optionXpress website is a mess. Might be OK for stock options, but the whole thing is poor by comparison to XPT.

I want to move. But I need to go to a broker who has a very good and effective commodity futures and futures options website, up to XPT standards. Is there anyone?