Commission as a percentage of max profit

NineIron

I have a very small account, $2,200. So, my trades are small. I would like to know what a "fair" percentage of my max profit would be for the commission. For example if my max profit is $20 and the commission is $8, that's 40% of my profit.

I have a very small account, $2,200. So, my trades are small. I would like to know what a "fair" percentage of my max profit would be for the commission. For example if my max profit is $20 and the commission is $8, that's 40% of my profit.

Profit is Profit... but you'll be making your broker plenty of good money.

It is not really about %, it's about per contracts that matters. What is fair is what you are prepared to pay for your business deal. You are best off with a 'no minimum price' for your contracts on a small account.

Profit is Profit... but you'll be making your broker plenty of good money.

It is not really about %, it's about per contracts that matters. What is fair is what you are prepared to pay for your business deal. You are best off with a 'no minimum price' for your contracts on a small account.

What do you mean by a 'no minimum price'? I think TD is a flat fee + $.75 per contract.

hi
your profit should be $100-$150 to pay $8 commission

10% commission not bad but to if your profit $20 and you pay $8 commission that mean you pay close to 50% charge which is a lot

Reactions: tar
What do you mean by a 'no minimum price'? I think TD is a flat fee + $.75 per contract.

Exactly, the flat fee I think is $9.95 isn't it, but they have a $1.50 with NO flat fee or minimum...so if you were to buy 1x contract all you would pay is $1.50.