Commission as a percentage of max profit

NineIron

25 0
I have a very small account, $2,200. So, my trades are small. I would like to know what a "fair" percentage of my max profit would be for the commission. For example if my max profit is $20 and the commission is $8, that's 40% of my profit.

lloydbee

275 17
I have a very small account, $2,200. So, my trades are small. I would like to know what a "fair" percentage of my max profit would be for the commission. For example if my max profit is $20 and the commission is $8, that's 40% of my profit.

Profit is Profit... but you'll be making your broker plenty of good money.

It is not really about %, it's about per contracts that matters. What is fair is what you are prepared to pay for your business deal. You are best off with a 'no minimum price' for your contracts on a small account.

NineIron

25 0
Profit is Profit... but you'll be making your broker plenty of good money.

It is not really about %, it's about per contracts that matters. What is fair is what you are prepared to pay for your business deal. You are best off with a 'no minimum price' for your contracts on a small account.

What do you mean by a 'no minimum price'? I think TD is a flat fee + $.75 per contract.

seti2

26 1

hi
your profit should be $100-$150 to pay $8 commission

10% commission not bad but to if your profit $20 and you pay $8 commission that mean you pay close to 50% charge which is a lot

Reactions: tar

NineIron

25 0
hi
your profit should be $100-$150 to pay $8 commission

10% commission not bad but to if your profit $20 and you pay $8 commission that mean you pay close to 50% charge which is a lot

Thanx.

lloydbee

275 17
What do you mean by a 'no minimum price'? I think TD is a flat fee + $.75 per contract.

Exactly, the flat fee I think is $9.95 isn't it, but they have a $1.50 with NO flat fee or minimum...so if you were to buy 1x contract all you would pay is $1.50.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock