Commercial Trading Systems

TheBramble

Legendary member
There is at least one new post each day on randomly selected forums relating to commercially available trading systems that a t2w member (or stranger!) is asking about (or promoting!).

How about a specific forum to handle these. Still with the strict 'no advertising' policy in place of course, but at least genuine interest can be directed to the appropriate place rather than the frequent replies of the 'if it's so good why would they sell it' variety (a position which I personally subscribe to BTW...).

Sorry was testing a new users problem logging in, and ended up posting as that user. Anyway, as I was saying - skim's right they should go in the Trading Resources forum, but seeing as we get so many perhaps it's time we spawned a new forum for it, "Trading Systems" perhaps. In fact you could go further and create specific forum for seminars/events, and books, and websites etc - but that might be taking it a little too far. What do you think?

Possibly, but the resources may include websites that aren't commercially driven. Also would we want to include non-commercial trading systems in the same forum, those that are created by members - or else they would stay in trading strategies - although a system and strategy aren't necessarily the same thing.

I personally think it would be better to have MORE rather than LESS separate boards. It's no extra hassle to pick up new 50 new posts from 50 boards than it is to pick up 50 from 5.

It also clarifies the purpose of each forum/board.

Having said that - this is no guarantee everyone would post in the 'correct' forum or that newbies would go to the correct forum in the first place.

As long as you don't make an Abberation out of it so you would have to get out of a fine Mesa

JonnyT

sharky et al.

definately think it's a good idea to seperate out a dicussion board solely dedicated to commercially available systems. these discussions do tend to ge hijacked in the general trading discussions. the more specific the subjects/boards the more specific and valuable the discussions as a lot of threads quickly go off the point.

bbmac.

Do you think the forum should be commercial only, or include all trading systems (for example ones proposed by members)?

TheBramble: This is an interesting point, are more specific forums desireable now that we have sufficient activity to warrant them. Since you can a) View New Posts, and b) View Latest Threads (throught the Discussion menu), there's no real detrimental effect to having many forums. In fact it should make it easier to find the information you're looking for. I'd welcome other members opinions on this subject.

Sharky said:
Do you think the forum should be commercial only, or include all trading systems (for example ones proposed by members)?

I'd split it:- one for Members Trading Systems and one for Commercial Trading Systems, if we're going down the 'more is better' route.