Come on guys, find me a programmer!!

Rossini

Established member
Come on guys, find me a programmer!!

As said in another thread, I need a programmer that can code in Pascal and Delphi. I have found programmers than can code in this, but non of the ones I have spoken to speak english well enough for me to understand them lol. Iv been using Odesk to find them.

Can someone point me in the direction or recommend me a programmer (preferably in the UK or US) that can help?

I would really appreciate any pointers.

Ross

Mate why don't you use rentacoder or something?

Or even better go to local university and look for nerdiest person, if they're graduating soon they'll probably have started on Delphi...

Is this a major project or something small and how much per hour are you prepared to pay ? The reason I ask is that I do know an expert programmer who uses Delphi and he can also program in machine code but he does have other projects and I am not sure of his availability at present.

Paul

Cheers for the replies guys.

Citizen, thanks for the links. That's the problem I only know what I need the end result to be, I don't know how to even start to explain how to get there. This is the main reason why I would prefer someone who can speak good English because I need the communication to be spot on to avoid any errors.

Why don't you try and move from Pascal and Delphi to something that is more commonly coded in these days? You'll find that there will be a larger number of people to select from and you'll probably be able to negotiate a better deal with them.

The programmers on Odesk and rent a coder tried to get me to buy something which guaranteed them a payment ,and they advised me to code software which required no testing or to change my jobs to easier jobs for the coders.

Better to find a professional who does the job day in day out, guarantees bug fixing and money back in the event of non performance.Pay extra for a great coder than hire a cheap coder .

The professional will provide you a solution to your requirements and not just what guarantees them a payment.

How about coding in a different language , and connecting via adelphi or whatever?

Just my 2 cents.

Better to find a professional who does the job day in day out, guarantees bug fixing and money back in the event of non performance.Pay extra for a great coder than hire a cheap coder .

Couldn't agree more. You get what you pay for.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Citizen, thanks for the links. That's the problem I only know what I need the end result to be, I don't know how to even start to explain how to get there. This is the main reason why I would prefer someone who can speak good English because I need the communication to be spot on to avoid any errors.

You really should try to write down in as much detail as you can exactly what you want. This will help you as well as the developer. This should include "error" conditions and exceptions and what do do about them. For example if the code was for auto trading specify order types, what to do if an order is rejected, what to do in the event of a partial fill, what to do if the Internet connection to broker fails and you don't know that status of an order etc etc.

It is most important that you do this up front. It may need to be modified as you proceed, but it will serve as a "scope of work" reference.