Cmc

options

Just thought I would mention it 'cause I haven't sen any posts about this.
CMC now have the new charts going for the sb side of things.

10,000 times better then the previous pathetic offering.

Well done to them. Imho you won't need to fork out for a separate charting package.

I got the mails but didn't get my hopes up until I see them..
Are they good?

I know there are a be-jillion indicators but all I'm looking forward to is being able to see what the hi/lo etc was for a candle, not to mention seeing the price on the chart... :rolleyes: sad I know, just shows how low my expectations are.

not so sure about the "one click" trading hmmmm.... overtrade-alishous

SvenFoster said:
I got the mails but didn't get my hopes up until I see them..
Are they good?

I know there are a be-jillion indicators but all I'm looking forward to is being able to see what the hi/lo etc was for a candle, not to mention seeing the price on the chart... :rolleyes: sad I know, just shows how low my expectations are.

not so sure about the "one click" trading hmmmm.... overtrade-alishous

Yep! pretty good imv. Off the top of me head, comparing to some paid for offerings these are very good. First impressions though and all that. But I am very pleased with the new charts. You know yourself what the old ones were like. :(

One click trading? Oh yes!

As long as you get the price shown. Time will tell.
Shouldn't lead into over trading though unless you are very un disciplined.

got it, it's in style

right click on price
price properties
style

it's there!

Have the OCO orders vanished? I can see stop and limit orders but no OCO. I don't use all the indicators and don't like the charts, so the update isn't doing a lot for me.

Bigbusiness said:
Have the OCO orders vanished? I can see stop and limit orders but no OCO. I don't use all the indicators and don't like the charts, so the update isn't doing a lot for me.

Nope. Still there. You want the new strategy order. When you right click on an item in the instrument tree, the sub panel pops up. It's the 2nd one down.

If you used all the indicators It'd be a right mess :LOL: You don't have to use any indicators at all do you?

Thing is you are never going to please all the people...etc.
You don't actually prefer the old charts do you?

Wow - nice one D4F - streaming, 1-click prices - at last!!!

They seem to have done a deal with IT-Finance/ProRealTime - the new charts are excellent - simple yet effective :)

Steve

Thanks for the info about the OCO's. I should RTFM but sometimes it is easier to ask here :)

options said:
Thing is you are never going to please all the people...etc.
You don't actually prefer the old charts do you?

I don't look at the charts much. I use Ensign and the free data feed from Interactive Brokers for my charts.

Agree deal4free best platform by far.1 click

Last edited:
options said:
Yep! pretty good imv. Off the top of me head, comparing to some paid for offerings these are very good. First impressions though and all that. But I am very pleased with the new charts. You know yourself what the old ones were like. :(

One click trading? Oh yes!

As long as you get the price shown. Time will tell.
Shouldn't lead into over trading though unless you are very un disciplined.

Tried the one-click system yesterday and getting re-quotes, even when market relatively static. So price you see is still not always what you get.

This only used to be an issue for me with Deal4free when the underlying market was closed, but was generally OK within normal trading hours, so actually seems worse than before.

Screen changes apart, their method of filling orders seems unchanged from the old system and no quicker i.e. not instant acceptance like other spreadbetting companies offering similar 'one-click' feature.

Anybody else experiencing this?
Maybe that's just how they are funding the new charting package!

fredm said:
Tried the one-click system yesterday and getting re-quotes, even when market relatively static. So price you see is still not always what you get.

This only used to be an issue for me with Deal4free when the underlying market was closed, but was generally OK within normal trading hours, so actually seems worse than before.

Screen changes apart, their method of filling orders seems unchanged from the old system and no quicker i.e. not instant acceptance like other spreadbetting companies offering similar 'one-click' feature.

Anybody else experiencing this?
Maybe that's just how they are funding the new charting package!

Well I'm using the old style ticket for orders again. Did not like the new ticket still 2 click trading. Click once to place a trade and again to confirm. Don't like it so I have the old ticket primed and ready to go, so that does become 1 click.
Never had any probs with orders yesterday.
I will say that in the past, after a few correct trades the requotes used to come everytime and lasted until. A) a few poor trades followed or B) I didn't use them for a week or so, then all was fine for a while until the cycle repeated itself. It did feel that the constant winners placed me in a 'loop' . But yes, I would agree that the filling of orders does not appear to have changed.

* Just found out how to change new ticket to one click. Helps to read the instructions sometimes then.

Last edited:
Well I'm using the old style ticket for orders again. Did not like the new ticket still 2 click trading. Click once to place a trade and again to confirm. Don't like it so I have the old ticket primed and ready to go, so that does become 1 click.
Never had any probs with orders yesterday.
I will say that in the past, after a few correct trades the requotes used to come everytime and lasted until. A) a few poor trades followed or B) I didn't use them for a week or so, then all was fine for a while until the cycle repeated itself. It did feel that the constant winners placed me in a 'loop' . But yes, I would agree that the filling of orders does not appear to have changed.

I must admit I only made a few £1 test (forex) trades with the new interface, so larger amounts may be processed differently. The new charts do seem pretty good though.

As for the 2-click - there's a "clicks" box in the bottom right hand corner of the new ticket - change this to 1 click and then click "save" in the bottom left hand corner. [ooops, just saw your edit!!]...

Steve