Cmc markets vs df markets

gftrader32

Established member
Hi,

I was wondering if you have any experience with cmc and/or df markets... How do they compare with real accounts?

Also wondering how a spread betting company could have lower spread compared to a fx broker? Am I missing something here?

Big Questions on CMC Markets based on my recent experience

Wonder what CMC Markets is going to do with the swiss franc blowout? My stops were at 1.1995 and trades showed that i was exited at 1.1898 for a total loss of ($288). Next morning got an email that prices will be adjusted and they have done a wonderful price adjustment of an extra ($5,175) so bringing the total loss to ($5,463) with no notification of what price they drew from thin air.

Even when i called the client services they could not tell me the price that was supposedly finally exited. I will fight them all the way since they would have suffered less than Ecms being a market maker.

just took my money out of CMC, I am not a foul.

my SL got hit by the pipette and went to reach my TP, I checked with other 3 brokers, price never got there.

market maker, they make money when client lose

Last edited:
Big Questions on CMC Markets based on my recent experience

Wonder what CMC Markets is going to do with the swiss franc blowout? My stops were at 1.1995 and trades showed that i was exited at 1.1898 for a total loss of ($288). Next morning got an email that prices will be adjusted and they have done a wonderful price adjustment of an extra ($5,175) so bringing the total loss to ($5,463) with no notification of what price they drew from thin air.

Even when i called the client services they could not tell me the price that was supposedly finally exited. I will fight them all the way since they would have suffered less than Ecms being a market maker.
Sorry to hear that you were on the wrong side of the mega Swiss currency move. Yes that was quite an adjustment, you probably new that a loss of $288 were on the low side, but still, a huge different after the adjustment. They must give you an acceptable explanation for this kind of trade adjustment. Hopefully you didn't have all that money in your account, you owe them money instead, easier to negotiate if that is the case.:)

Last edited:
Cmc Owners statements in 2010 and reality now

Thanks gle101

Yes lesson learnt never to trust any artificial floors or pegs & I'm supposedly a "debtor" created from their non transparent "adjustment". But still I'm sure you recall Peter's words on this. Makes you wonder about credibility:

"3. 100% automation of trades, no dealer intervention and millisecond execution of orders
No cancelled orders when the markets get tough, all trades filled"

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spr...cmc-markets-owner-answers-your-questions.html

Sorry to hear that you were on the wrong side of the mega Swiss currency move. Yes that was quite an adjustment, you probably new that a loss of $288 were on the low side, but still, a huge different after the adjustment. They must give you an acceptable explanation for this kind of trade adjustment. Hopefully you didn't have all that money in your account, you owe them money instead, easier to negotiate if that is the case.:)

Thanks gle101

Yes lesson learnt never to trust any artificial floors or pegs & I'm supposedly a "debtor" created from their non transparent "adjustment". But still I'm sure you recall Peter's words on this. Makes you wonder about credibility:

"3. 100% automation of trades, no dealer intervention and millisecond execution of orders
No cancelled orders when the markets get tough, all trades filled"

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spr...cmc-markets-owner-answers-your-questions.html
You are welcome. Yes this is the problem with very high leverage combined with an extreme move resulting in a huge gap. The extremely high leverage must be up for debate, it can ruin some traders, and as it has shown even send some highly leverage companies into bankruptcy.

Yes I agree, this market is not regulated enough, even though MiFID financial directive is at place the regultors don't seem to take their job seriously. The CFDs and SB market makers think they can protect them selves from responsebility by setting up clauses in the user agreement, this even though it cannot be overide by the MiFID financial directives. The transparancy of this market must increase in order for traders to feel save trusting them with their money.

Who are DF markets, never heard of them, are they new?
Yes they have been around for many years. Delta Markets as I understand it is the head company and DF Markets in the UK a subsidiary.

I have been testing DF and CMC, CMC is a bit faster executing the trades though higher spreads...DF a bit slower and a better spread...

I have been testing DF and CMC, CMC is a bit faster executing the trades though higher spreads...DF a bit slower and a better spread...
Yes correctly, although you will have more problems with CMC regarding trade rejections, while as you say DF Markets are slower in executing trades. However, with the later you with get into the trade, resulting in both positive and negative slippage. It is interesting to notice that some clients seem to be have been protected by a negative outcome of the Swiss currency move trading with DF Markets, while others seem to taken a big loss with CMC. If this is accurate or not is not documented, but these things are to be considered chosing a broker, especially if one is trading with extremly high leverage.

Last edited: