Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey morning pc, could you add an order ticket so that I can choose the tp and stop before I enter the market and I can choose between a limit or market order in pips and I can save this amount to default if I want please.....cheers!!!!

Good morning Dave,

you already have order ticket to choose profit/stop loss order before you enter the market. you just cannot do it with buy and sell ticket at the same time. this will change soon. you will be able to set two tickets before you trade a buy and a sell ticket with stops and profit take.

You can choose between stop in pips and cash amount, only cash amount in profit take. to be honest not sure why it was done this way because in original it was pips and cash for both but we are changing that so you will have pips profit take as well.

You can enter profit takes and stops entirely by pips from the ticket charts but not quite what you are asking because you have to work out the pips before you move the lines but coming soon.

beautiful day today.

regards Peter

Hey morning pc, could you add an order ticket so that I can choose the tp and stop before I enter the market and I can choose between a limit or market order in pips and I can save this amount to default if I want please.....cheers!!!!

Good morning Dave,

you already have order ticket to choose profit/stop loss order before you enter the market. you just cannot do it with buy and sell ticket at the same time. this will change soon. you will be able to set two tickets before you trade a buy and a sell ticket with stops and profit take.

You can choose between stop in pips and cash amount, only cash amount in profit take. to be honest not sure why it was done this way because in original it was pips and cash for both but we are changing that so you will have pips profit take as well.

You can enter profit takes and stops entirely by pips from the ticket charts but not quite what you are asking because you have to work out the pips before you move the lines but coming soon.

beautiful day today.

regards Peter

Sounds like you have it covered!!

hi Dave,
well yes and no. we are getting there but to be honest we could not have done it without some of the feed back we have got here from posters.

But we will definitely get there and big release coming soon. It will not tick all the boxes but eventually we will tick all the boxes, I promise. We have the desire, the budget and the team to do it. Massive drive on now to get the technology where it needs to be.

tks for your posting.

regards peter
Sounds like you have it covered!!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for last reply!

Again, if this has been asked before I'm sorry. Would it be possible to have subsections in the product library? E.g. FTse100 constituents. Dow30 constituents, etc. It would really help because, at the moment, you have to wade through 1100 odd shares, as far as I can tell!

Many thanks!

hi Benny,

You can use the search facility in product library. Click on libary and when window pops up select hide filter in top left hand corner. you can then search by sector, country or type in the code or alphabetical order. I think your filter is hidden. this is very quick way to find products

let me know if you find it
tks pc

QUOTE=Benny Dorm;1674482]Hi Peter,

Thanks for last reply!

Again, if this has been asked before I'm sorry. Would it be possible to have subsections in the product library? E.g. FTse100 constituents. Dow30 constituents, etc. It would really help because, at the moment, you have to wade through 1100 odd shares, as far as I can tell!

Many thanks![/QUOTE]

hi Benny,

You can use the search facility in product library. Click on libary and when window pops up select hide filter in top left hand corner. you can then search by sector, country or type in the code or alphabetical order. I think your filter is hidden. this is very quick way to find products

tks pc

Got it now!
It would still be good to have the Ftse100, Dow etc. but this will help.
Thanks again.

hi benny. good point and worth looking at and not difficult to put in there.
tks pc

hi Benny,

tks pc

Got it now!
Thanks again.

Not posted for ages, a long time CMC client but moved to IG for the last year or so.

Got tempted back to CMC because of the 0.9 spreads (now 0.7!!) I have had no serious problems with the platform and my fills have always been instant. Very pleased so far.

Would like to see the ability to have a buy and a sell ticket open together. Plus I'd like to see that extra confirm click ditched. But it looks like you are on the case with that.

The only other thing is the statements, there doesn't seem to be a way of selecting which days/months to download anymore? nor do i get a statement via email.

But thats only a minor thing. The tight spreads are what gained my business and no messing about with the fills are what keeps it.

Thanks

Hi Benny

Coming up to your neck of the woods tomorrow to Darlington. Will be good to get out of the big smoke for awhile. Will not quite make it to Newcastle but not far off.

Hope you are well

cheers pc

hi Benny,

tks pc

Got it now!
Thanks again.

Good morning eye,

Many thanks for your posting and the feed back.

Firstly welcome back and good to see you like the platform.
Yes 0.7 spreads and reduced margins. Through efficiency in our next gen software we can pass on savings to our clients that's how we get 0.7 spreads.

we are launching double tickets by end of this month. you will be able to have a buy and sell ticket open at the same time so you can hit either ticket. You can close out ticket reminder if you go to preferences in top right hand corner of platform and select selecting orders and disable placing an order. this way ticket confirmation will not appear. it will go straight through to the markets. If you have any doubts call us or try the demo platform first.

If you click account icon at foot of page, left hand side you will get your open positions. along the top you will find history button. if you select that you can see all of your account history going back as far as you like.

I was very interested in your comments about messing around with fills. Clearly with us you click and trade and get instant execution. what do you mean by this.

many thanks for your feed back. good luck with your trading.
remember spread betting is a leveraged product you should understand the risks before trading.

regards Peter

Not posted for ages, a long time CMC client but moved to IG for the last year or so.

Got tempted back to CMC because of the 0.9 spreads (now 0.7!!) I have had no serious problems with the platform and my fills have always been instant. Very pleased so far.

Would like to see the ability to have a buy and a sell ticket open together. Plus I'd like to see that extra confirm click ditched. But it looks like you are on the case with that.

The only other thing is the statements, there doesn't seem to be a way of selecting which days/months to download anymore? nor do i get a statement via email.

But thats only a minor thing. The tight spreads are what gained my business and no messing about with the fills are what keeps it.

Thanks

Morning pc, do you think you could wave your magic wand and make trend and horizontal lines stay on the charts so we don't have to keep re applying them? Cheers!!!

Hi Dave,

Yes it is a bit annoying having to do this. But don't worry change is only a few weeks away. On upgrade you will be able to save charts to watch list and retain all of your studies and patterns.

There are other chart upgrades as well. we really want to get our charts super super top. There is a team here that loves charts and I just said to them you have open cheque book to get them right and that is what they are doing. It will take a little time but we will get there.

cheers pc

Morning pc, do you think you could wave your magic wand and make trend and horizontal lines stay on the charts so we don't have to keep re applying them? Cheers!!!

Thanks for the reply Peter. I meant in the "old days" when you'd sometimes get a yellow ticket and a requote when trying to trade in a fast market. Thankfully none of that now, gives me confidence to trade larger knowing my fill will be instant.

hi eye,

that's why we upgraded the platform, the old platform could not cope so we had to scrape it and start again. I love our next gen platform.

good luck with your trading

peter

Thanks for the reply Peter. I meant in the "old days" when you'd sometimes get a yellow ticket and a requote when trying to trade in a fast market. Thankfully none of that now, gives me confidence to trade larger knowing my fill will be instant.

Good morning Mr Cruddas.

This is an old one (and might possibly have been done already on this thread, my apologies if so). However, we're fortunate to have a very actively-engaged Big Cheese of an SB company here at the moment and this seems like an excellent opportunity to get something cleared up (or at least get you to go on the record).

Winners! What do you say, and what do you do?

If someone is winning in a serious way (for example, trading professionally through CMC, averaging £10 or £20K or more a month profit), do you like them? Do you hate and fear them? Are you indifferent?

And what would you do about it? Do you just hedge out your overall risk, or would someone like that be hedged individually / shadowed / put in a Chicago overcoat?

In other words, would this person be hurting your profitability? And if so, what would you do about it?

Your reply might hopefully help to clear up one of the major suspicions about spread betting companies, which is that they don't want you to win.

Last edited:
This is connected to the previous enquiry, but I thought it simpler to keep it separate.

Can you categorically state that consistently and significantly profitable customers of CMC will not be placed on dealer referral, experience strange problems putting their trades on, have their account closed, laxatives slipped into their food etc etc.

Again, there have long been accusations that spread bet companies begin to make it very difficult for people to trade once they become successful (I am not making the accusation, but you are probably aware that it has been made repeatedly).

It would be very interesting (and probably excellent marketing for you) if you as the boss of a spread betting company were to confidently and categorically (and with as little qualification as possible) put all the above suspicions and rumour to bed once and for all, at least as far as CMC is concerned.

Thank you for taking the time to read (and hopefully reply to) what I appreciate are rather long posts.

Your reply might hopefully help to clear up one of the major suspicions about spread betting companies, which is that they don't want you to win.

Let's face it, SBs would be a bit mad if they did want you to win unless every single trade were hedged exactly, which is impossible. (And if they could they'd have to charge far wider spreads for it to make sense). On the other hand, if you blow your account and give up they lose the income, hence the 'free money' promotions tempting a steady stream of new punters.

Let's face it, SBs would be a bit mad if they did want you to win unless every single trade were hedged exactly, which is impossible. (And if they could they'd have to charge far wider spreads for it to make sense). On the other hand, if you blow your account and give up they lose the income, hence the 'free money' promotions tempting a steady stream of new punters.

Hi Ross,

This is just the kind of thing I'm talking about. On the face of it, what you say might make sense. Particularly the very low / zero spreads guys - how do they hedge in the underlying market?

It's not necessary (feasible?) to hedge everyone - they could be taking a global view and trying to be flat overall. They might not bother - most punters lose after all. They might do something in between.

The key thing is, how do they view winners, and what do they do about them? Are they a cost of doing business, simply to be endured? Are they taken care of (hedged, not whacked :LOL:) individually? Are they put off using nefarious and dubious practices?

The point is, we have the boss, founder and still pretty much complete owner of an SB company here. It will be fascinating to see his response to these well-worn concerns.

Hopefully, his answers will be encouraging and reassuring ones, and he will see this as an excellent marketing opportunity.

One final thing, then I'll shut up. :)

I would love to go back to spread betting - the simplicity, the tax free status, the granularity etc etc. The higher costs in terms of wider spreads would be well worth it in my opinion.

But I simply do not have the confidence in them to allow me to do this. I'm not talking about CMC here, but rather this lack of confidence comes from the fact that there is potentially a huge conflict of interest between provider (any SB provider) and punter.

That conflict is not there with a futures broker.

Status
Not open for further replies.