Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi truth seeker

Thanks for the feed back. In fact we plan to speed up execution times very soon. just making some final adjustments. To be honest technically it is not too challenging for us to do this and we plan to do it very soon.

Glad to see you are giving us a fair chance. we are working very hard on our platform and lots more good stuff to come.

did you see my posting regarding crude and gas spreads.

tks pc

Yes I did see your post, I think it's the decimal placements that have me confused. Faster execution will only but add to your platform with those other ideas I offered up previously, and hopefully the 1 click trading will be here sooner rather than later which will be even better with the faster execution for your clients.

hi truth seeker,

one click should be with you in next couple of weeks. I believe we have two solutions.
1. is whereby you can open the buy and sell tickets at the same time.
2. there is another solution in the watch list where you can click on buy or sell and execute the trade,there will be additional window where there will be default amount, or you can insert the amount you want to trade.
I do accept our tickets are a bit too much for quick trading but they were built to
enter stops and profits etc at the same time.
anyway should be with you early September. I am pushing for them because they are important for clients.

thanks for your postings.
regards Peter
p.s glad we sorted out crude and nat gas.

You were spot on with your recommendations and really we missed a trick on this but we built
Yes I did see your post, I think it's the decimal placements that have me confused. Faster execution will only but add to your platform with those other ideas I offered up previously, and hopefully the 1 click trading will be here sooner rather than later which will be even better with the faster execution for your clients.

truth seeker wins the day.

hi truth seeker,

well dont say we do not listen to you. Here is response from dealing desk regarding Nat gas product.
Current Spread
Fixed 0.02
New Spreads
7am / 11pm - Fixed 0.003
11pm / 7am - Minimum 0.003 but we will match the underlying spread if it is wider than 0.003.

Give us a few days to change the platform and will be with you some time next week.

You see we do listen to you and this change has come about as a direct result of your postings on this site.

Many thanks for your postings. suppose now I will have people requesting 0.01 pips on forex. only joking. glad we could be of assistance. :clap:

thanks Peter

Open up a ticket for both Ross. Oil 0.040 Nat Gas 0.020, if you look, it can go wider too, just seeing movements between 0.040/0.043 for Brent Oil.

Hi Peter

So the only reason some orders would be through latency issues? Can you share the CMC IP address so we can ping it to see what the latency reading is then?
You can be glad if you are located in the UK, I am surprised how good it works from Sweden with most of the SB companies. But you got a point, sometimes they blame re-quote on network latency, I hope so, this will not be the case with CMC next-gen. But one also have to take in account the crazy volatility we have seen lately, I am quite amazed they can execute so good despite this heavy movement, it demands a lot from the platform system.

samirnasri_682x600_1365485a.jpg

lets get real.

hi gle,

I think there has to be a change in thinking regarding spread bet companies. Most of us spend a lot of money on platforms and execution and pricing. If you look across the competition most spreads are of interbank value and coupled with all the back office functionality, free tools like charts and trading from charts and stops and limits etc the service is of a very high standard. You can even trade from your phone. Just think where this industry was ten years ago.

Yes it does get difficult during volatile periods but lets keep things in perspective. spread betting companies as a whole offer the retail trading community a bloody good service. yes you can quibble about fractions of points here and there but that is like getting a free first class upgrade on a flight and complaining that the champagne is warm.

can we start now appreciating what is being done for the retail community and if the champagne is warm, drink it and enjoy it because the system works and you have plenty of choice.

tks pc

You can be glad if you are located in the UK, I am surprised how good it works from Sweden with most of the SB companies. But you got a point, sometimes they blame re-quote on network latency, I hope so, this will not be the case with CMC next-gen. But one also have to take in account the crazy volatility we have seen lately, I am quite amazed they can execute so good despite this heavy movement, it demands a lot from the platform system.

hi black swan,

you certainly know how to hurt a man.
All I can say is that I have not seen any signings for Everton this season so I would keep my head down if I were you especially if you end up fighting relegation.

I watched the game last night and i thought we were superb. I think our defence is a bit shaky but it was good result for us. all we need now is for Arsene to splash the cash and we are back in the game.

game on...

pc

Hi PC, dya know I posted that and thought I wonder if you'll get revenge by posting up an image of Jags, Arteta or Fellaini in a red shirt in side the next few days..?

Glad you qualified,

Re: lets get real.

hi gle,

I think there has to be a change in thinking regarding spread bet companies. Most of us spend a lot of money on platforms and execution and pricing. If you look across the competition most spreads are of interbank value and coupled with all the back office functionality, free tools like charts and trading from charts and stops and limits etc the service is of a very high standard. You can even trade from your phone. Just think where this industry was ten years ago.

Yes it does get difficult during volatile periods but lets keep things in perspective. spread betting companies as a whole offer the retail trading community a bloody good service. yes you can quibble about fractions of points here and there but that is like getting a free first class upgrade on a flight and complaining that the champagne is warm.

can we start now appreciating what is being done for the retail community and if the champagne is warm, drink it and enjoy it because the system works and you have plenty of choice.

tks pc
Absolutely, I agree, but terminology for the financial SB industry has got to change. Terminology like "referral to a dealer" just have to go away, as all kinds of manipulation on an individual level as well (not allowed according to MiFID). Yes it is still in the gambling category, but it is moving very quickly towards an executing service that is reflecting that of the real market.

I am just a little bit concern that you guys are getting too good, because the EU tax officials probably got an eye towards this industry.:)

hi gle

I think that the major spread betters do not refer to a dealer any more. the smaller one have to because they do not have the technical infrastructure to cope with big volumes. I do not necessarily think they are referring deals to a dealer as a disadvantage to the client, but because they want to make sure they give the client the right price and they do not want to get caught out. I may be wrong, I can only comment on what we do which as you know is not to refer any client or deal to a dealer.

definitely think the industry is improving and moving with the times.

tks pc

Absolutely, I agree, but terminology for the financial SB industry has got to change. Terminology like "referral to a dealer" just have to go away, as all kinds of manipulation on an individual level as well (not allowed according to MiFID). Yes it is still in the gambling category, but it is moving very quickly towards an executing service that is reflecting that of the real market.

I am just a little bit concern that you guys are getting too good, because the EU tax officials probably got an eye towards this industry.:)

hi black swan,
I think you might see Jags at Arsenal. I hope so. good player.
would still like to see Chris Samba there but he is injured at the moment so probably not now but maybe in January.

hope you have good season.

pc

Hi PC, dya know I posted that and thought I wonder if you'll get revenge by posting up an image of Jags, Arteta or Fellaini in a red shirt in side the next few days..?

Glad you qualified,

hi gle

I think that the major spread betters do not refer to a dealer any more. the smaller one have to because they do not have the technical infrastructure to cope with big volumes. I do not necessarily think they are referring deals to a dealer as a disadvantage to the client, but because they want to make sure they give the client the right price and they do not want to get caught out. I may be wrong, I can only comment on what we do which as you know is not to refer any client or deal to a dealer.

definitely think the industry is improving and moving with the times.

tks pc
It is understandable for big volumes, but that is another issue altogether. I am talking about referral to a dealer for small players that does not fall in line of likable trading patterns (e.g. short term traders).

hi gle,
have no view on that because it is not what we do but I accept your point.

tks pc

It is understandable for big volumes, but that is another issue altogether. I am talking about referral to a dealer for small players that does not fall in line of likable trading patterns (e.g. short term traders).

Peter,
I haven't posted here for some time. Been happily using your platform for swing trades. Just use the charts to check lows/highs against my charting platform. The one thing I find a big irritation is the time out. If it was possible to have this configurable to once a day or never, that would be a big improvement for me. You did action some suggestions I made ages ago on the order entry price refreshes which has made that much easier to use.

hi Uchiki

Have missed you, welcome back.

Time outs I get asked about every week. We have a fix coming soon. It is a browser problem, not a platform problem and is worst with chrome. hopefully we will be releasing a fix in next couple of weeks.

I received this posting recently that may help you in the meantime.
Hello,

I'm from Germany and find this thread when searching the web for
a solution for the the timeout problem. Every Browser timed out after 1-2 minutes.

After looking nearly a whole day for a solution and talked to the hotline several times
I found a solution for me.

I was told the problem is the Windows 7 64 Bit system in connection with flash.
Then I tried all Flash Versions incl. Beta for 64 Bit on 4 Browsers - with no success.

The solution in the end was to uncheck the "TCP /IPv6" option in the Windows LAN Connection options. I hope you know what I mean - in German it's called a bit different. ;) I don't know why i tried to fix the problem this way - I think I read
something in a computer magazine about problems with IPv6....

Now it works on Firefox and Safari without problems - only with Chrome I have sometimes timeouts. With IE 9 I can't even open the Login-page.

I hope this information perhaps helps somebody.

tks pc

Peter,
I haven't posted here for some time. Been happily using your platform for swing trades. Just use the charts to check lows/highs against my charting platform. The one thing I find a big irritation is the time out. If it was possible to have this configurable to once a day or never, that would be a big improvement for me. You did action some suggestions I made ages ago on the order entry price refreshes which has made that much easier to use.

Thanks for your timely response Peter,

Will perhaps try that on a different machine. Otherwise look forward to your fix.

last hour the Dax was crazy so i made dozens of trades on my CMC demo just to test the platform :

Execution : fast in most of the trades , sometimes a little bit slow , sometimes it took few seconds happened many times .

Slippage : experienced some slippage on some of the trades but it was normal and little , improved prices : many times when the execution is a bit slow and there was a better price , most of the time i didn't get the new improved price ( i am talking about a few points difference ) , in some cases i received the new improved price but not always .

Just my 2 Deutsche marks

hi tar,
thanks very much for posting this.
So what is your conclusion.

pc

last hour the Dax was crazy so i made dozens of trades on my CMC demo just to test the platform :

Execution : fast in most of the trades , sometimes a little bit slow , sometimes it took few seconds happened many times .

Slippage : experienced some slippage on some of the trades but it was normal and little , improved prices : many times when the execution is a bit slow and there was a better price , most of the time i didn't get the new improved price ( i am talking about a few points difference ) , in some cases i received the new improved price but not always .

Just my 2 Deutsche marks

Status
Not open for further replies.